free hit counters
If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot. - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-16-2018   #25
Tiedefender
Process Master

Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wayne View Post
Because I liked your idea that I quoted, whether it has to do with the monster-verse part of this discussion or not.
What I meant by wondering where the idea went, was you took the words right out of my mouth.
I could've said more about the details when I first commented in this thread, but I didn't. You did.

Touche!

Amen.

The honor is still mine.

At the moment, I've settled on AnnaSophia Robb.
Such a beautiful face and smile, plus a bubble butt to die for..
Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Lol
I understand now. Not really touche. Just thought a minor detail was missing. And I like seeing women in their underwear. I know weird, right.

Still don't know who I would pick. Probably someone who can make a makeshift bikini look good.
Unread 10-16-2018   #26
crowmagnon
Process Fan

Hey, hope you don't mind someone else butting in, but this thread got me thinking about the possible themes that would make a premise like this more suited to modern issues.

Overall, I agree with the idea that the Nancy character should be the protagonist rather than the source of fear. If anything, I'd say that the story should be themed around exploitation. (No, not THAT kind of exploitation, though I certainly don't have anything against a bit of fanservice. Please bear with me here.)

Monster-verse version: Let's say they try to fit her in with the other kaiju. Whatever triggers her growth would be connected in some way to the kaiju, perhaps with some other slight mutations as time goes by that, along with the size creating distance between herself and others, would cause Nancy herself to question her sense of humanity. She would be taken in by a powerful group offering her financial support, and in exchange they would turn her into a symbol of humanity's strength against the monsters. They outfit her with armor and weaponry, basically turning her into a human Jaeger, and aside from having to deal with the horror of being the only person able to battle giant monsters, she'd be the focus of a propaganda campaign (likely with a side of cheesecake) proclaiming her and her handlers as the hope of the world. But as the movie progressed, it would become more and more apparent that she was being used, not so much to protect humanity in general, but more to protect the interests of her handlers while the less affluent are allowed to suffer. Perhaps someone from MONARCH infiltrates the group to provide this revelation. It forces her to consider what she actually stands for, and ultimately leads to her deciding that she's strong enough to pick her own fights.

Stand-alone: Overall thematic similarities to the above version, but obviously without the kaiju or turning her into a walking armory. Rather, she's offered a comfortable life in exchange for serving as a mascot. She performs various tasks, starting out entirely harmless enough, but her image starts getting used more and more as a symbol of dominance over the organization's workforce in a "don't complain because we have someone who can very literally crush you" sort of way. Maybe she even ends up facing serious temptation to go along with it once it's made clear to her, seeing as the organization's backing and her size offer her a way of exerting wealth and power in ways she never had before. Either way, she ends up deciding that her handlers need her more than she needs them, with the question being whether she'll quit and stand for something more altruistic at the cost of her life of luxury, maintain the status quo, or go for her own "hostile takeover".
crowmagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2018   #27
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmagnon View Post
Hey, hope you don't mind someone else butting in, but this thread got me thinking about the possible themes that would make a premise like this more suited to modern issues.

Overall, I agree with the idea that the Nancy character should be the protagonist rather than the source of fear. If anything, I'd say that the story should be themed around exploitation. (No, not THAT kind of exploitation, though I certainly don't have anything against a bit of fanservice. Please bear with me here.)

Monster-verse version: Let's say they try to fit her in with the other kaiju. Whatever triggers her growth would be connected in some way to the kaiju, perhaps with some other slight mutations as time goes by that, along with the size creating distance between herself and others, would cause Nancy herself to question her sense of humanity. She would be taken in by a powerful group offering her financial support, and in exchange they would turn her into a symbol of humanity's strength against the monsters. They outfit her with armor and weaponry, basically turning her into a human Jaeger, and aside from having to deal with the horror of being the only person able to battle giant monsters, she'd be the focus of a propaganda campaign (likely with a side of cheesecake) proclaiming her and her handlers as the hope of the world. But as the movie progressed, it would become more and more apparent that she was being used, not so much to protect humanity in general, but more to protect the interests of her handlers while the less affluent are allowed to suffer. Perhaps someone from MONARCH infiltrates the group to provide this revelation. It forces her to consider what she actually stands for, and ultimately leads to her deciding that she's strong enough to pick her own fights.

Stand-alone: Overall thematic similarities to the above version, but obviously without the kaiju or turning her into a walking armory. Rather, she's offered a comfortable life in exchange for serving as a mascot. She performs various tasks, starting out entirely harmless enough, but her image starts getting used more and more as a symbol of dominance over the organization's workforce in a "don't complain because we have someone who can very literally crush you" sort of way. Maybe she even ends up facing serious temptation to go along with it once it's made clear to her, seeing as the organization's backing and her size offer her a way of exerting wealth and power in ways she never had before. Either way, she ends up deciding that her handlers need her more than she needs them, with the question being whether she'll quit and stand for something more altruistic at the cost of her life of luxury, maintain the status quo, or go for her own "hostile takeover".
That looks great. But now her backstory of leading to her trigger growth. One I mention is her being a reporter who was covering the Kaijus along with her parents killed in a accident like the nuclear planet collapse in Japan when she was young unless her parents are secretly Monarch members, and Monarch secretly cover-up there deaths, and the incident. Plus a post-credit scene could also have someone contacting her with a hint of her debut. The monsterverse Nancy would be like MCU's Captain America/Captain Marvel, and DCEU's Wonder Woman for the protagonist role.

Last edited by Twilight_Roxas; 10-16-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2018   #28
make_her_grow
Frequent Poster

The problem with fitting her into the Monsterverse is just that it won't work.

Giant or normal, at the end of the day a human is just a human. With out giving her some sort of power suite or mutations to give her superpowers, it's still a huge mismatch if your intentions are to have her throw down against the monsters. Especially if the kaiju's have powers like breathing fire or spitting acid. Or if they have armor so strong it makes a tank look like paper by comparison. How's a merely bigger woman supposed to compete with that?

The general from Monsters. Vs. Aliens made that same mistake but he only won because it was a kids cartoon, I'm guessing it'll be a vastly different story for a movie meant for adult audiences.

Now that said a movie that's self contained (not every franchise has to be part of a shared franchise despite what DC or Marvel try to tell you) is a whole different story. Make it its own thing and its very doable, its just who will and who has the cinematic balls to try with modern problems like #metoo scaring Hollywood into being reluctant into risking making a woman appear monstery or an antagonist in any way as is? Frankly as much as the movie sucked we got lucky with 50 ft. Cheerleader, that came out a couple years just before this #metoo shit hit the fan.
make_her_grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2018   #29
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_her_grow View Post
The problem with fitting her into the Monsterverse is just that it won't work.

Giant or normal, at the end of the day a human is just a human. With out giving her some sort of power suite or mutations to give her superpowers, it's still a huge mismatch if your intentions are to have her throw down against the monsters. Especially if the kaiju's have powers like breathing fire or spitting acid. Or if they have armor so strong it makes a tank look like paper by comparison. How's a merely bigger woman supposed to compete with that?

The general from Monsters. Vs. Aliens made that same mistake but he only won because it was a kids cartoon, I'm guessing it'll be a vastly different story for a movie meant for adult audiences.

Now that said a movie that's self contained (not every franchise has to be part of a shared franchise despite what DC or Marvel try to tell you) is a whole different story. Make it its own thing and its very doable, its just who will and who has the cinematic balls to try with modern problems like #metoo scaring Hollywood into being reluctant into risking making a woman appear monstery or an antagonist in any way as is? Frankly as much as the movie sucked we got lucky with 50 ft. Cheerleader, that came out a couple years just before this #metoo shit hit the fan.
Summed it up perfectly. If someone were to lump a Fifty-Foot Woman into some shared cinematic universe, said universe would have already needed to be set up to allow such a possibility. But that would then rely on another film to succeed. Basically, there needs to be an Iron Man equivalent launch from.

On its own merits, a deft writer could pull off something that turns the concept on its head, like a Legally Blonde, or turn it into a pandering mess, like that Jem and the Holograms train wreck.

Last edited by JBird; 10-17-2018 at 03:29 PM.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2018   #30
Tiedefender
Process Master

I think the only Monsterverse it could even work with are things like "The Amazing Colossal Man" or "The Incredible Shrinking Man." Such size related movies could coexist. But not with movies like with Dracula or Godzilla.

I wouldn't mind an actress like Mistress Vivian. Not sure what actress would be comparable to her.
Unread 10-18-2018   #31
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post
I think the only Monsterverse it could even work with are things like "The Amazing Colossal Man" or "The Incredible Shrinking Man." Such size related movies could coexist. But not with movies like with Dracula or Godzilla.

I wouldn't mind an actress like Mistress Vivian. Not sure what actress would be comparable to her.
The Monsterverse is own by both Legendary Pictures & Warner Bros. The Incredible Shrinking Man is own by Universal Pictures aka NBCUniversal. Amazing Colossal Man is own by another company.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2018   #32
Freddy84
Resident Dream Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post

I hate to ask, but...

Last edited by Freddy84; 10-18-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Freddy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2018   #33
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Talking Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy84 View Post
I hate to ask, but...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.
When I find expressive sarcastic humor similar to my own, I have to pay my respects.

Plus I'm a big MCU fan, too.

Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2018   #34
Robopengy
Happy owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy84 View Post
I hate to ask, but...

She was in several of Gary's growth videos. She's good enough that I got a custom with her in it, but maybe not the best choice for this big budget movie we've concocted.
Robopengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2018   #35
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Talking Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopengy View Post
She was in several of Gary's growth videos. She's good enough that I got a custom with her in it, but maybe not the best choice for this big budget movie we've concocted.
Pardon my frankness.. but I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.
Lol
No puns or offenses intended, to anyone including Miss Vivian.

Sorry. I've been chocked full of smart ass sarcasm a lot lately..

Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2018   #36
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

To be fair, I doubt CCH Pounder was born into the industry.