free hit counters
If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot. - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-14-2018   #13
Allogagan
Growth Fan

Talking Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopengy View Post
Origin story wise I could see her being a scientist, lead or assistant, studying the monsters when she has an accident/intentionally exposed to something that causes her transformation. A gradual growth throughout the movie would be cool, but a giant growth explosion would work too.

And it's a reboot, who says she has to stop at 50'. She could get Godzilla sized and throw down with the other monsters
After all Nancy was 70' by the climax of the ATFFW '93 so I agree why does she have to be 50'. I don't think she was 50' either the '58 or '93 versions.
Allogagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #14
Fortuitous Jinx
Lurker

Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Never happen. The original movie plays on the "fear" of an empowered woman. In this day's climate, trying to make an empowered woman a "monster" would kill a movie long before it ever began.
Fortuitous Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #15
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

That's why Nancy was going to be more of protagonist in the monsterverse.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #16
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuitous Jinx View Post
Never happen. The original movie plays on the "fear" of an empowered woman. In this day's climate, trying to make an empowered woman a "monster" would kill a movie long before it ever began.
And then there's that. It would take a skillful writer to not date the film by inserting obvious #MeToo references.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #17
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

That's why the reboot could remove Harry, and Honey, and change Nancy's backstory, personality, and her introduction to fit her in the Monsterverse without the sjw.
Unread 10-14-2018   #18
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Lightbulb Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post
I wouldn't want a straight remake either. Just tweak the story so it is a married couple with normal marriage problems before she grows. And after she is a giantess, have their love be rekindled. So a much happier ending happens.

I wondered where that thought went when I posted (above)...

Absolutely. Give it a modern sort of update. So, I'm going off-topic and suggesting non-monster-verse ideas.

For where the growth scene takes place, have the kind of house be more reasonable and average. Take out the aliens and have her growth the result of unexpected biochemistry. Keeps it more mysterious and unpredictable. Have her outfit again more modern, just as long as it has no less rippage-potential as the '93 attire (i.e. buttons popping off).

Also, specifically with the start of the initial growth, have her ring tighten causing just a bit of pain but before it pops off change the sequence. Her toes are seen to push against the fronts of her shoes making telltale indentations, her chest pushes out just starting to pull the shirt buttons apart with an ominous groaning sound of stretching fabric, if she's sitting in a chair the chair also begins to make straining sounds from her slow mass increase. Then have the ring pop off with force, soon followed by say a watchband as the growth-clothes bursting begins to speed up. Her shoes/laces start to come apart, a button here, rip there, another button or two, her pants button, shoulder seam, feet force their way out of the fronts of her shoes, etc.

Really play up the psychology and get your money's worth.

Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #19
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
That's why the reboot could remove Harry, and Honey, and change Nancy's backstory, personality, and her introduction to fit her in the Monsterverse without the sjw.
So pretty much Ginormica without the housewife subplot.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2018   #20
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
So pretty much Ginormica without the housewife subplot.
Yep plus Nancy could easily be the Captain Marvel/Wonder Woman of the Monsterverse.
Unread 10-15-2018   #21
Freddy84
Resident Dream Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
What would be your version of Nancy Archer in the Monsterverse?
No monsters, no involvement with the current Monsterverse. Just a self-contained story, where Nancy grows, and tries to find her place in the world with her new height and strength--both emotionally and physically. She could be played by either Scarlett Johansson or Charlize Theron.
Unread 10-15-2018   #22
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wayne View Post

Absolutely. Give it a modern sort of update. So, I'm going off-topic and suggesting non-monster-verse ideas.

For where the growth scene takes place, have the kind of house be more reasonable and average. Take out the aliens and have her growth the result of unexpected biochemistry. Keeps it more mysterious and unpredictable. Have her outfit again more modern, just as long as it has no less rippage-potential as the '93 attire (i.e. buttons popping off).

Also, specifically with the start of the initial growth, have her ring tighten causing just a bit of pain but before it pops off change the sequence. Her toes are seen to push against the fronts of her shoes making telltale indentations, her chest pushes out just starting to pull the shirt buttons apart with an ominous groaning sound of stretching fabric, if she's sitting in a chair the chair also begins to make straining sounds from her slow mass increase. Then have the ring pop off with force, soon followed by say a watchband as the growth-clothes bursting begins to speed up. Her shoes/laces start to come apart, a button here, rip there, another button or two, her pants button, shoulder seam, feet force their way out of the fronts of her shoes, etc.

Not sure why you replied to me.

I would add that, there should be a shot of her underwear straining to stay in one piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy84 View Post
No monsters, no involvement with the current Monsterverse. Just a self-contained story, where Nancy grows, and tries to find her place in the world with her new height and strength--both emotionally and physically. She could be played by either Scarlett Johansson or Charlize Theron.
I think Scarlett Johansson is over used and I know nothing about Charlize Theron. Though I am uncertain who I would pick.
Unread 10-15-2018   #23
Robopengy
Happy owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wayne View Post

Out of the two actresses I picked earlier I settled on Alison Brie and have been thinking about the movie with her. So thank you for this mental image
Robopengy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2018   #24
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Thumbs up Re: If Attack of the 50 Foot Woman gets a reboot.

Quote:
Not sure why you replied to me.
Because I liked your idea that I quoted, whether it has to do with the monster-verse part of this discussion or not.
What I meant by wondering where the idea went, was you took the words right out of my mouth.
I could've said more about the details when I first commented in this thread, but I didn't. You did.

Quote:
I would add that, there should be a shot of her underwear straining to stay in one piece.
Touche!

Quote:
I think Scarlett Johansson is over used.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopengy View Post
Out of the two actresses I picked earlier I settled on Alison Brie and have been thinking about the movie with her. So thank you for this mental image
The honor is still mine.

At the moment, I've settled on AnnaSophia Robb.
Such a beautiful face and smile, plus a bubble butt to die for..
Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Lol

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 10-16-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Oops...
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote