free hit counters
Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend" (Offsite) - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2008   #13
Sephie
EYES UP HERE
 
Sephie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow
Posts: 9,693
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physalis View Post
Well, if Misato doesn't act like Misato, Shinji doesn't act like Shinji, and the situation isn't one which could occur in the NGE universe, then what on earth is the point of using those characters and that setting? If I want to write a hardboiled crime noir story I'm certainly not going to steal Superman and randomly change all of the important details just so I can use him as the main character. Should this comic get a pass just because most people are going to use it as wank material?
My sentiments exactly. I like my bizzare fantasys to be realistic. Believable. however you say it and not make it sound contradictory.
__________________
You can also call me by my title, "Her Omniscient Bitchyness" or H.O.B. For short
Source for avatar: http://clayrseer.deviantart.com/art/...12209#/d3a5yq0
Sephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #14
No-Man
Process Disciple
 
No-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,197
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physalis View Post
Should this comic get a pass just because most people are going to use it as wank material?
Yes. When is it ever in-character to tg another character into your girlfriend?




Quote:
Admitting something doesn't necessarily bear out into the actions one engages in, grasshopper. The Kinsey Reports and other studies have shown that men are far more likely to have had sexual contact with other men than women with women, they're just not as open about it. (Read: "The down-low.")

Heck, the unfortunately low proportion of M>F/F content to M>F/M content on forums like this one goes to show that a whole lot of guys fantasize about being with another guy.
Not me. Zero interest in being involved with a guy. Lesbian stuff is much better in my book. I'm okay with a guy getting tg'd and getting sexed up by another guy, but then I don't see myself as the main character. My personal tg fantasy involves me having sex with my girlfriend as a girl.



Quote:
Those are fighting words, son. Don't make me fight my way to the center of the earth through all of the dinosaurs & lava men and school a smack-talking third-eyed elf... thing. I've had to do that twice already this week and it's getting old.
I agree that plot type substance in a tg work is important as is the artwork (which is why I'm not a big fan of The Wotch). However, rule number one is to be rather liberal in your acceptance of character deviation. It's almost always a stretch to give characters motivation to tg each other. For me, that's part of my suspension of disbelief and then I move on.
__________________
"Because we're made out of wishful thinking and puppy farts!" -- Jack on why banality is bad for changelings

Last edited by No-Man; 04-23-2008 at 03:37 AM.
No-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #15
Kyrex
The Thread Ender
 
Kyrex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Directy above the center of the Earth
Posts: 251
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Ooooo.... This is going to be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physalis View Post
Well, if Misato doesn't act like Misato, Shinji doesn't act like Shinji, and the situation isn't one which could occur in the NGE universe, then what on earth is the point of using those characters and that setting? If I want to write a hardboiled crime noir story I'm certainly not going to steal Superman and randomly change all of the important details just so I can use him as the main character. Should this comic get a pass just because most people are going to use it as wank material?
Your argument defeats itself right here. The entire point of making, for instance, a TG-based comic featuring a cast of Anime characters the audience already knows it that it is inherently a situation that puts them out of their element which leads to actions that can't necessarily be considered in-character due to the complete lack of reference point. We can't look back and say, "Well, in episode ## when Shinji was turned into a girl Misato didn't go all lesbian on her then, why should she now?" So, whether or not Misato would actually do something, especially in an F***'d up series like NGE is entirely irrelevant. There are countless scenes in the series already where I have to ask myself why the hell something just happened and it's never really explained. (ex: Rei's giant head in the BG of the completely destroyed world.)

A better example for why impossible situations work with established characters would Super Smash Bros. Would it be be as good of a game series if all of the characters were just new creations that no one ever heard of? There's no connection there and there's really no urge to play some fighting game that just sports a cast of no-bodies. But start tossing in Mario, Sonic, and Link, and now people are interested. It's the same thing here. People want to see these hypotheticals even if it's out of character for Mario to beat Princess Peach without remorse.

The familiarity and emotional connection with the cast of characters changes everything, and yes, just because it's wank material you're supposed to suspend disbelief, not turn into the Comic Book Guy and debate whether or not a character would do something or not. Fan-fiction, my friend, is never wholly accurate because the author has an predetermined idea in mind and that story wouldn't be the same without using specific characters, even if they have to be skewed.

(Also, I would read a Film Noir Superman story. There is fun to be had in watching characters deal with scenarios that are out of character for them.)

Not even going to try and debate human sexuality in general here. That was a mistake to bring it up on my part.

I'm going to stop replying to this thread after this, for my own good, since I know this is likely to turn into a Flame War if I continue. I've made my case and I believe you should at least take into consideration what I've said. Yes, I'll agree that it's going to be an out of character scenario for Misato and Girl-Shinji to make-out, but who the hell cares? Seriously, it's a well drawn, free, TG comic. Christmas came early for me and all you seem to care about is whether or not Misato would suck face with another chick or not.

Last edited by Kyrex; 04-23-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typos!
Kyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #16
kooh
Process Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: .
Posts: 3,566
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Why do you whine about it being canon?

It's a TG comic for some guy!

You should critique less and thank more.
__________________
.
kooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #17
tghawk555
Ack, too tall! Scared~!
 
tghawk555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bimboland, USA
Posts: 5,606
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

As long as it has a good story, sexy scenes and outfits, and an awesome TG process, it will be good in my opinion.
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #18
MadmanDarkHeretic
Bouncy Dragongirl of Love
 
MadmanDarkHeretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 431
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

It's also not even written yet.

It has a comic cover that is a teaser for something that may never even happen in it or might have a good in story explanation.
MadmanDarkHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #19
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator
 
Vengeance1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,844
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Then there's my opinion:

It's just a fucking anime. Like there's strict rules to them....

*lights match in fuel shed:P
__________________
Meh. Cranky and old.
Vengeance1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #20
Sephie
EYES UP HERE
 
Sephie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow
Posts: 9,693
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Grabs bucket to put out flames. Throws it at flames. Forgets that bucket is empty.

It really doesn't matter if one person's (or more than one person's) opinion(s) differ from yours. Now lets all sit in a circle and sing kumbaya while Rome burns down.
__________________
You can also call me by my title, "Her Omniscient Bitchyness" or H.O.B. For short
Source for avatar: http://clayrseer.deviantart.com/art/...12209#/d3a5yq0
Sephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #21
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator
 
Vengeance1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,844
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

I got my fiddle....

And more seriously: there's no guarantee this'll even be finished? What the hell, man!
__________________
Meh. Cranky and old.
Vengeance1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #22
Cuchulin
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 207
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Looks interesting. I generaly prefer TG/TF fan art to origional works because for some reason i find it more enjoyable if i know the character being changed.
Cuchulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #23
Physalis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

Given that it is virtually impossible to convince people you don't agree with on an internet forum to come around to your way of thinking about anything, I'm going to try and employ the soul of wit here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Man View Post
When is it ever in-character to tg another character into your girlfriend?
If you want a serious answer to that, I can very easily give it to ya' (actually, this conversation has gotten me thinking, and now I might just have to write a few short, deliberately in-character TG pieces simply for the hell of it), but people are probably already sick of this discussion and would prefer that I didn't spend the required time on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrex View Post
The entire point of making, for instance, a TG-based comic featuring a cast of Anime characters the audience already knows it that it is inherently a situation that puts them out of their element which leads to actions that can't necessarily be considered in-character due to the complete lack of reference point.
I thought the 'entire point' was to see familiar male characters get boobs and have sex, with little or no thought put into it by most authors beyond that concept.

No?

Quote:
(ex: Rei's giant head in the BG of the completely destroyed world.)
I can explain that if you want, but again, I don't think people want to sit through the lengthy description.

Quote:
The familiarity and emotional connection with the cast of characters changes everything,
Ah, but that familiarity is exactly what I'm suggesting is lacking when you make a character act out of character. Doesn't it present a problem when a character you have an "emotional connection" to is acting like someone else entirely?

Of course, this is a completely theoretical argument. We have a cover and one page drawn thus far, and I clearly said in the first post that some form of mind alteration could work to explain Misato and Girlji getting together, if that is where the comic decides to go.

Quote:
Yes, I'll agree that it's going to be an out of character scenario for Misato and Girl-Shinji to make-out, but who the hell cares?
That would be me (and possibly other folks, but who knows?). It's a fact of life that people have different standards for what they want to read. If I'm reading fan-fiction of any sort, I hold the author to a standard of using the characters and universe in a way which is consistent with how they are portrayed in the source material. This doesn't mean that new situations and facets of the characters can't be explored, it just means that when the author tosses out "Well, I want this character to be gay, so they're gay," it isn't going to fly with me. If you appreciate fan works on a different level than I do, then that's fine. Read what you like and I'll do the same. I'll also keep on pointing out when I think that something isn't up to what I view as the appropriate standard, and if you want to criticize something that I enjoy for any reason, then go right ahead. Opinion is opinion is opinion.

This post was much longer than I intended.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008   #24
No-Man
Process Disciple
 
No-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,197
Re: Palcomix New Comic "Misato's New Girlfriend"

If someone sets out to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, don't criticize their underuse of nutmeg.

If they make a shitty PB and J, go ahead and bash them, but I don't think it's fair to bash them for not doing something they didn't set out to do.
__________________
"Because we're made out of wishful thinking and puppy farts!" -- Jack on why banality is bad for changelings
No-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.