free hit counters
Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Thrd - Page 33 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-15-2009   #385
Koleru
Leecher

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

Hi,

I dont know if I have done something wrong or if its a bug, but I am stuck a the entrace of the mountain path. Rosa make fell two rocks, but I cant go pass them.

Thank You.
Koleru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #386
rb9
Process Master

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleru View Post
Hi,

I dont know if I have done something wrong or if its a bug, but I am stuck a the entrace of the mountain path. Rosa make fell two rocks, but I cant go pass them.

Thank You.
Hm... does anyone else have this issue? I just looked at the code and it should work fine.

DQ4 heroine transformed as Witch Lady.

Find a lot of VG/RPG femdom corruption (and MCl, monstergirl) at groups.yahoo.com/groups/ricobanderas9
rb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #387
shadowlurker
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
Hm... does anyone else have this issue? I just looked at the code and it should work fine.
I tried it with a saved game from the previous version and the same thing is happening to me. I haven't tried it from a fresh start to see if it has something to do with using a save from the older version, though.
shadowlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #388
Twilightdrgn
Frequent Poster

Once again, good stuff. ^^ And I do apologize for not contributing anything to the project script or writing wise, which is why I accepted your request for that fic. I'm doing it for free.
Twilightdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #389
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightdrgn View Post
Once again, good stuff. ^^ And I do apologize for not contributing anything to the project script or writing wise, which is why I accepted your request for that fic. I'm doing it for free.
Woot thanks.

Oh and I figured out the rock issue. Unfortunately that IS a bug for this release. I change the passability of blank tiles. Fixed it for the next one.

However I did include a recent save so you can enjoy the updated content!

Find a lot of VG/RPG femdom corruption (and MCl, monstergirl) at groups.yahoo.com/groups/ricobanderas9
Unread 08-15-2009   #390
kalten77
Process Fan

EDIT: Well that's that then. I'm too slow!

This is more of a nitpick, but you may want to distinguish the web trap areas for the spidergirl boss more. It makes sense once you get caught a few times, but before that you(the player) are just looking at web next to web and wondering what you're supposed to walk on to go forward.

Last edited by kalten77; 08-15-2009 at 07:31 PM.
kalten77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #391
Keichan
More tsun than dere

Not sure how many endings are unfinished, and how many are bugged, but, this is what I found:
  1. The aforementioned black area bug, where in the room with the coffins, you can walk around into the black area.
  2. If you're caught and hold still for the spidergirls in the large, maze-like area, and they "convert" you with their aphrodisiac, you're transported to a large webbed room where you can walk around, and nothing happens. Seems like an unfinished ending, but thought I'd say so anyways.
  3. When everyone is taken out of your party, Rena remains. She's still in the menu.
  4. Stepping on the first of the save points seems to disable saving in ALL areas except with the use of a save point.

More as I go back through again later tonight.

This is just a list of personal nitpicks I have:
  1. The size, annoyance, and general emptiness of the caves up to the spidergirl portion. I mean, it's rather large, but it's also meaningless, other than taking you a long-ass time to get anywhere. Maybe put something in there to keep us on our toes or something, or add more side-areas with some bad-ends along the way. I dunno, it just feels very empty.
  2. Rena's sprites look REALLY out of place. Might wanna have a spriter look into that first and foremost.
  3. Save points. I actually like that you put them in, later on, where there's more skill-related playing, but you should put "safe" areas between the dangerous ones with a save point, for ease of use. I started to get really tired of going through the spidergirl queen's speech. I also think that outside of the skill-heavy areas like that, when wandering around, you should be able to save anywhere.
  4. The spidergirl queen fight. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS. The venom shots and her quakes knock you one square from your position, and the way you have no room to manuever through the webbing means that her extremely frequent venom shots and quakes will almost ALWAYS knock you into a web before you can get anywhere. Space them out a bit, because as it is, it's PURE luck, and a shitload of it, as to whether or not you can get to the torches at all.

Oh, derp. And I really love the new Rydia lamia ending. Great job there, and also on the caves. I-I like where it's going :3

Last edited by Keichan; 08-15-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Keichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009   #392
kalten77
Process Fan

I didn't think the spidergirl fight in and of itself was that annoying. The quakes(generally) come at intervals and the venom shot mostly forces you to be fast about moving. There *should* be more 'safe' spots where you can take a quake before moving on(currently those were only the corners that touched the wall), but that's the only thing I'd change about the boss mechanics itself.

(I do know there are doublequakes, just like catgirl Rosa likes to spam double or triple instances of magic spells, but I only had that happen once to me during the boss fight.)
Unread 08-15-2009   #393
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keichan View Post
[*]When everyone is taken out of your party, Rena remains. She's still in the menu.
Oops.

Quote:
[*]Stepping on the first of the save points seems to disable saving in ALL areas except with the use of a save point.
Yup.

Quote:
[*]The size, annoyance, and general emptiness of the caves up to the spidergirl portion. I mean, it's rather large, but it's also meaningless, other than taking you a long-ass time to get anywhere. Maybe put something in there to keep us on our toes or something, or add more side-areas with some bad-ends along the way. I dunno, it just feels very empty.
I sort of am going for this. Without giving spoilers to people who haven't played it, if you notice you can talk to a few things, but I will add more. Those things there build up the tension and suspense for the turn.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
[*]Rena's sprites look REALLY out of place. Might wanna have a spriter look into that first and foremost.
What I have to work with :/. You've seen my sprite request posts. You can design better ones if you don't like them.

Quote:
[*]Save points. I actually like that you put them in, later on, where there's more skill-related playing, but you should put "safe" areas between the dangerous ones with a save point, for ease of use. I started to get really tired of going through the spidergirl queen's speech. I also think that outside of the skill-heavy areas like that, when wandering around, you should be able to save anywhere.
It's set up like that. You can't save in the spider area, but you can outside.

Quote:
[*]The spidergirl queen fight. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS. The venom shots and her quakes knock you one square from your position, and the way you have no room to manuever through the webbing means that her extremely frequent venom shots and quakes will almost ALWAYS knock you into a web before you can get anywhere. Space them out a bit, because as it is, it's PURE luck, and a shitload of it, as to whether or not you can get to the torches at all.
I made this harder. And it's based on some luck. In most H-games you have to work your ass off to get further or decent endings. I'm keeping it doable but I'm going to up the difficulty slightly, or at least in novel ways... as much as I can get away with in RM2K.

But you have a point with the dialogue. Perhaps I can add a skip option. That should be easy.

Or maybe I can add an easy/hard mode. And you get some awesome content on hard .

Quote:
Oh, derp. And I really love the new Rydia lamia ending. Great job there, and also on the caves. I-I like where it's going :3
Then you're gonna like the real endings that aren't complete yet... if you want a preview, look at the "spiderrev" or whatever charset to see what I've been fooling with...

Unread 08-15-2009   #394
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalten77 View Post
I didn't think the spidergirl fight in and of itself was that annoying. The quakes(generally) come at intervals and the venom shot mostly forces you to be fast about moving. There *should* be more 'safe' spots where you can take a quake before moving on(currently those were only the corners that touched the wall), but that's the only thing I'd change about the boss mechanics itself.
I think somebody wants the good girl to win...

Quote:
(I do know there are doublequakes, just like catgirl Rosa likes to spam double or triple instances of magic spells, but I only had that happen once to me during the boss fight.)
Yeah. Unfortunately to have real-time in RM2K you need to use some sort of parallel process. And to 'randomize' it I have a variable spinning randomly between 1-2000 and if it hits like 2 values it will trigger one of those events. I may be able to add some form of timer that activates afterward... entirely possible.

But the randomness adds a fun bit of frustration, doesn't it .

Unread 08-16-2009   #395
kalten77
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
I think somebody wants the good girl to win...
If only to see who's next to put her in a deliciously tight spot, yes.

As a whole, I think this game does ride the line between 'challenging' and 'near-impossible' pretty hard in a way that has very little to do with the skill of the player during the action segments. But it's also a game where you won't exactly feel too bad if you get slammed by a string of bad luck(heh heh).

I think it'd be really good if you can add more text-skip options for players who are aiming for specific endings or are trying to defeat a given boss(and have probably seen all the 'bad' ends already). Kind of like those visual novel hentai games have a fastforward option after you've read a portion of text.

Well, I don't know if you could literally do that, since it'd probably be a nightmare to code and likely require having to remake portions from the ground up, but just adding more 'skip this scene?' options if the player has experienced them already would be good.

Maybe you could keep track of how many time a player has 'failed' in their save as an easter egg or a special bonus flag.

Last edited by kalten77; 08-16-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Unread 08-16-2009   #396
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
If only to see who's next to put her in a deliciously tight spot, yes.

As a whole, I think this game does ride the line between 'challenging' and 'near-impossible' pretty hard in a way that has very little to do with the skill of the player during the action segments. But it's also a game where you won't exactly feel too bad if you get slammed by a string of bad luck(heh heh).
You just need practice. On testing I can get through it near 100% of the time.

If you want a hard game, play "I Wanna be the Guy"