free hit counters
Secret Episode: Diminished, Part 1 PRE-ORDER NOW!! - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-14-2018   #37
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

Re: Secret Episode: Diminished, Part 1 PRE-ORDER NOW!!

You should have just waited until the comic was finished, including the bonus art.

Having sold comics on Selz and deviantART...guess what? I don't offer them for sale until they're 100% complete.
Silver Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #38
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spoon View Post
You should have just waited until the comic was finished, including the bonus art.

Having sold comics on Selz and deviantART...guess what? I don't offer them for sale until they're 100% complete.
You don't have a comic that's 40 pages long, do you?

If a project is that long, you do not want to sell the comic at a rate that the consumer won't like, or make them wait an eternity for. Also, if certain people like one half and don't like the other and you sell it as a whole, there's chances that they may turn away from buying it.

That's why it's best to sell the first half now and the 2nd later, with the option of the "Season Pass", because those who buy the comic as a whole can get the second half without having to pay again and at a slight discount.

Basically, the seller can choose this selling option, if one project is so long.
Unread 07-14-2018   #39
ShrinkingOne
Process Fan

We are not idiots, Merc, nor are we out of place for pointing out just how backwards you are on all this. Rationalizing bad decisions doesn't change that they were bad decisions.

Not an apology in all that defensiveness and excuse-making for misleading customers. Oh, and apparently Merc doesn't know a damn thing about how to mitigate angry customers. Sure knows how to shift the conversation to be about them, though.

Your attitude is disgusting for a producer.
ShrinkingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #40
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

You've dealt with precisely how many artists in your life?
Count them on one hand, can you?
The handle can't be a coincidence, he's dealing with people who are mercurial on their best days.

I'm only offering a bit of understanding, taking the position that no explanation will suffice and nobody should ever try to defuse the hostility is uncalled for.

(While we're on the subject: false advertising? Have you ever even been in a civil court? "My subcontract wasn't given a schedule and/or wouldn't adhere to one anyways" would pretty much see that dismissed straightaway with advice to refile against the sub.)
Unread 07-14-2018   #41
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingOne View Post
We are not idiots, Merc, nor are we out of place for pointing out just how backwards you are on all this. Rationalizing bad decisions doesn't change that they were bad decisions.

Not an apology in all that defensiveness and excuse-making for misleading customers. Oh, and apparently Merc doesn't know a damn thing about how to mitigate angry customers. Sure knows how to shift the conversation to be about them, though.

Your attitude is disgusting for a producer.
I've done any possible way to mitigate angry customers. You are the only problem here, trying to make me look bad by raging over simple, yet fixable mistakes. No matter how I try, nothing will convince you.

Continue to be one-sided, I don't care. It's one less jerk to deal with out of the hundreds who purchased my works and enjoyed them.

But, I kinda wonder...

Have you ever dealt with angry customers? If so, I'll play a role reversal:

How did you deal with me who won't listen to you, no matter what you say or explain your reason with me, even if you forget to add about the slight delay on a bonus material, that's on an item you sold, until a day later?

Like, all that you said is me telling you. What's your response to it?
Unread 07-14-2018   #42
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
You don't have a comic that's 40 pages long, do you?
No, I don't. Mainly because of six reasons:

1.) I only do comic commissions once or so a year.
2.) My comics cover a much more niche fetish (uneven growth), and most of my comics don't even crack 30-40 sales. I've only ever broken even with one of my comics. What's the point of making longer comics if I don't make back more than two-thirds my money at max?
3.) All my comics use original characters. I'm sure I could make a killing doing uneven GTS comics with, say, Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion or Sakura from CardCaptor Sakura, but I don't (and won't) do that.
4.) I only commission sell comics when I have the money beforehand to do so.
5.) I don't do things like special editions to further delay the releases.
6.) I don't put hidden fetishes in my works like diapers or spanking.

You could point fingers at us for being in the wrong all you want, Mercurius, but we've given you advice on other threads on this forum before, only for you to disregard them.

Oh, and vincent_richter, I've been commissioning artists since 2009, and have commissioned literally dozens of people.
Silver Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #43
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spoon View Post
No, I don't. Mainly because of six reasons:

1.) I only do comic commissions once or so a year.
2.) My comics cover a much more niche fetish (uneven growth), and most of my comics don't even crack 30-40 sales. I've only ever broken even with one of my comics. What's the point of making longer comics if I don't make back more than two-thirds my money at max?
3.) All my comics use original characters. I'm sure I could make a killing doing uneven GTS comics with, say, Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion or Sakura from CardCaptor Sakura, but I don't (and won't) do that.
4.) I only commission sell comics when I have the money beforehand to do so.
5.) I don't do things like special editions to further delay the releases.
6.) I don't put hidden fetishes in my works like diapers or spanking.

You could point fingers at us for being in the wrong all you want, Mercurius, but we've given you advice on other threads on this forum before, only for you to disregard them.

Oh, and vincent_richter, I've been commissioning artists since 2009, and have commissioned literally dozens of people.
I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone, but those who are complete biased jerks who can't get through their thick skulls.

And I told people what is contained in them. When I show what's going to be in there I put it in the discription. And if I miss any, I can correct that. Mistakes happen. Understand that.

But you do your thing, while I do mine. Every business is its own, not to match with others.

Last edited by Mercurius; 07-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #44
mtshrink
ham sandwich

Hey I bought the special edtion and you had no disclaimer that the bonus stuff was missing. I thought I was given the wrong version or just thought you meant the clean pages were the bonus. Something absolutely should have been posted to the site as soon. As you realized what was going on. How the hell am I supposed to know to check twitter. This is really being mishandled shitty to put it nicely.

Wanna RP? Shot me a PM
mtshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #45
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtshrink View Post
Hey I bought the special edtion and you had no disclaimer that the bonus stuff was missing. I thought I was given the wrong version or just thought you meant the clean pages were the bonus. Something absolutely should have been posted to the site as soon. As you realized what was going on. How the hell am I supposed to know to check twitter. This is really being mishandled shitty to put it nicely.
NOTE: Due to the artist's scheduling, the bonus artwork will be uploaded in a later date. You will be notified via email, once the artwork has been uploaded. Apologies in advance. ^_^; )

Unread 07-15-2018   #46
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Just tag the disclaimer on all Special Editions in the future.
"Please note that bonus content is subject to artist availability and may ship separately from the finished product."

This acknowledges the concern without committing to a date when you don't have that information.
Unread 07-15-2018   #47
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
Just tag the disclaimer on all Special Editions in the future.
"Please note that bonus content is subject to artist availability and may ship separately from the finished product."

This acknowledges the concern without committing to a date when you don't have that information.
I will. Thanks.
Unread 07-15-2018   #48
ShrinkingOne
Process Fan

The point is already missed and the lesson not learned should such a disclaimer ever be considered an option.
ShrinkingOne is offline   Reply With Quote