free hit counters
I wish Gryf was into the crowdfunding "thing". - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-12-2016   #1
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

I wish Gryf was into the crowdfunding "thing".

As great as DSG/FMM newest creation De Lune is -

I'd say there's definitely one artist who could do an even more "realistic" looking take on this material judging by his prior dolphin, snake, and TG videos (the TG from Mako's The Last Piece Standing). That TG transformation was made 10 years ago now and still sticks in my mind.

It may have something to do with it being a combination of physical actor and CGI manipulation versus a 100% 3D rendered experience (?)

Does Gryf take commissions? Is he still doing this kind of art?

-C
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #2
Brianxavier
#fictionmania & farhad's

Re: I wish Gryf was into the crowdfunding "thing".

Think last I heard from Mako, Gryf had either stop doing art or is too busy. Think he was in big demand after doing the dolfin girl and working with Mako.

Tho I might need to ask Mako of I got this right.

PS: I hate typing on my phone...
--Xavier
Brianxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #3
Katsumend
Frequent Poster

The Last Piece Standing tf is just mind-blowing. And most poser animators are still doing the pulsing morph thing 10 years later lol.

I believe this is him, and he's still active just not with animations: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/gryf/
Unread 01-13-2016   #4
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Never got to see any of Gryf's full transformation sequences. Or any of Mako's movies for that matter. Either too young or didn't have money at the time. Too little too late I suppose.

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2016   #5
MsMako
Lover

Gryf is doing well and is keeping busy working on big movies these days. He's a very talented guy. I connect with him every once in a while. The irony is my cousin is now working with him (total coincidence). Gryf flipped out when he found out she was my cousin. Hahahahahaha!!! I do believe Gryf was way ahead of the curve of TF artists out there. Even looking at his works today - it's hard to find an equvilant artist on that level. He's one of a kind in my book.

- Miss Mako -
MsMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2016   #6
thesaint137
Process Fan

The Last Piece Standing is probably one of the most remarkable transformations realized. I'm not usually a fan of fully CGI but there is something so unique about the metamorphosis in that movie. I wish I could see another one.
thesaint137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2016   #7
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint137 View Post
The Last Piece Standing is probably one of the most remarkable transformations realized. I'm not usually a fan of fully CGI but there is something so unique about the metamorphosis in that movie. I wish I could see another one.

That's so cool to hear Saint. I was very fortunate that the planets aligned and Gryf and I hooked up during that time (he was working in Los Angeles on a movie and we got to hang out). I wasn't so much a fan of CGI effects either until he showed me what he could do and I was sold. We worked pretty closely together to conceive and make that transformation/dream sequence work within the structure of TLPS. Still very proud with how TLPS turned out. Really hard to believe it's 11 years old now. We shot it in early 2005 while it was Winter up in Arrowhead, CA.

- Miss Mako -
Unread 01-17-2016   #8
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Hey, good to see you as always, Mako. I hope things are going well, with both your transition and other fussy life stuff.

Unread 01-18-2016   #9
MsMako
Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdarkness View Post
Hey, good to see you as always, Mako. I hope things are going well, with both your transition and other fussy life stuff.

Thanx zd!! I've been dealing with the Flu for a week - so that kinda sucks. Also had my 1st of 2 major surgeries 4 weeks ago - so I'm still recovering from that as well. PHEW!! Whom ever thinks Transitioning is easy - and that it's just fun to do - lives under a rock.

I hope to be able to start sharing more of my story and how things have unfolded the past 2 years sometime in 2016. My life has so radically changed - it's really insane to try and think about it. I look so different; feel so different; and all the people around me treat me much differently too. And some of those closest to me - unfortunately chose to not support me.

Anyways... hope you are doing well too

- Miss Mako -
Unread 01-18-2016   #10
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

No I hear you. It's part of the reason I've neglected not to transition for the foreseeable future (also I'm poor. >_>)

Still, it seems like you made the right choice, so I'm happy for you. Hope your next surgery goes smoothly. Looks like you're almost there.

Unread 01-18-2016   #11
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Quote:
As great as DSG/FMM newest creation De Lune is -

I'd say there's definitely one artist who could do an even more "realistic" looking take on this material judging by his prior dolphin, snake, and TG videos (the TG from Mako's The Last Piece Standing). That TG transformation was made 10 years ago now and still sticks in my mind.
Oh, lawd, I wish I was as good as Gryf. I would live, one day, to sit down with Gryf (perhaps over Skype or IRC or something) and he could help me critique my work and show me where my weaknesses are (I'm sure there are still many).

Maybe a collaboration one day. Oh, I can dream, can't I?

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2016   #12
Brianxavier
#fictionmania & farhad's

If he ever got time to spend with people... Then again that would be a neat collaboration... maybe bribe Mako into writing a script... Nah I think for now Mako, your rather busy.

--Xavier
Brianxavier is offline   Reply With Quote