free hit counters
All things Jekyll & Hyde.... - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-16-2015   #13
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Re: All things Jekyll & Hyde....

There are a few of us on here that really really enjoy the whole Jekyll&Hyde theme but are reluctant to discuss things in detail as it seems to produce a negative reaction.

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not seeing arguments about it on the forum, and I'm curious what the negative reaction is.

I wanted to love this movie and Sister Hyde, but I didn't think the script of this film was very good and Sister just didn't delve into the TG stuff deeply enough for me. What I'd really like to see is a Sister Hyde story where the transformed man retains some self-awareness when he is a woman, so he is still evil and sexy and all that, but he isn't 100% a different person. It'd be more interesting (and hot) to me if the female persona was acting on impulses the male was repressing, and if he had to live with the guilt after he became a man again. With a movie like this, it's almost like he's a werewolf or something and he really has no responsibility for what his female self does. The only real drama is whether Ms. Hyde will take over forever, basically killing him, or if he will transform at an awkward time and damage his reputation. That's not nearly as compelling to me as a man genuinely wrestling with his feminine side, a repressed aspect of his personality that enjoys being an evil skank!
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2015   #14
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Hi there, previous complainer here.

It wasn't so much about Jekyll and Hyde transformations in general as it was that there was a single poster here who kept posting about the same Jekyll and Hyde movie over and over, down to a whole thread for speculation as to what a certain sound effect in the movie meant. I made the suggestion (a couple times) that there be a general Jekyll and Hyde thread to post everything in instead of creating new ones on every detail.

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015   #15
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Oh! Well, I never saw that thread so I can't comment on that. But its good to know there isn't some general anti-Hyde thing on the forum.
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015   #16
geviene81
Process Fan

Hj there...
For those (like me) whose enjoy the theme, here's an interting new approach.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydes-Secret-N.../dp/B013S28ATO

Have a peek! Its even eng subtitled.
geviene81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015   #17
MsMako
Lover

i focused on the same Jekyll/Hyde thematic a number of years ago with The Hyde Syndrome. Was a fun experiment using a video blog that lastest for almost half a year and got a lot of peeps to interact along with it and help drive the narrative. Not something I had seen done before. I have also been fascinated by the Jekyll/Hyde themes. Some of the character study pops up in other things Ive done over the decades 😊

Miss Mako
MsMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015   #18
Jake
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geviene81 View Post
Hj there...
For those (like me) whose enjoy the theme, here's an interting new approach.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydes-Secret-N.../dp/B013S28ATO

Have a peek! Its even eng subtitled.
Can you put the transformation up?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2015   #19
thelovelyjoanne
Process Fan

“Could you elaborate on that? I'm not seeing arguments about it on the forum, and I'm curious what the negative reaction is”

It wasn’t anything overly negative – just a little grumbling whenever Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde was raised.

Personally, I have two opposing views when it comes to the Ms Hyde (and lesser extent Sister Hyde) film.

Objectively:

The film has some excellent transformation scenes that hold up pretty well 20 years later. I still find the first and penultimate scenes very compelling. However, the plot is full of holes, the acting is subpar (Sean Young is almost comatose in most scenes) and it’s played for pretty poor laughs. Clearly visionaries like Mako have produced work that is infinitely better.

However, Subjectively:

” What I'd really like to see is a Sister Hyde story where the transformed man retains some self-awareness when he is a woman, so he is still evil and sexy and all that, but he isn't 100% a different person. It'd be more interesting (and hot) to me if the female persona was acting on impulses the male was repressing, and if he had to live with the guilt after he became a man again. With a movie like this, it's almost like he's a werewolf or something and he really has no responsibility for what his female self does. The only real drama is whether Ms. Hyde will take over forever, basically killing him, or if he will transform at an awkward time and damage his reputation. That's not nearly as compelling to me as a man genuinely wrestling with his feminine side, a repressed aspect of his personality that enjoys being an evil skank!”

Me too!

There are some excellent stories out there that cover exactly this subject. I really enjoy The Rise of Miss Hyde by Argus on FM. Also The Phantom Transgenderer of Old London Town (I forget the author) is a great twist on the Sister Hyde concept.

Any examination of Stephenson’s original text goes into much detail regarding “the duality of man”. The original Hyde was indeed a reflection of Jekyll’s dark side – they were two sides of the same coin.

Bring this forward to 1995 – does Helen simply have the balls (sorry) to act where Richard found himself constrained by morals?

Taking this into account – rewatch the restaurant scene through this prism. How does the mental transformation take place? When does the Helen personality take control? Is there a slow insidious change into Helen? Or does Richard undergo a psychotic fracture when confronted with the evidence of womanhood? Or a bit of both?

This is what keeps drawing me back to the film – the potential for reinterpretation. Clearly things would be much more interesting if Richard WAS Helen and had to cope with the guilt of his/her actions.......

It’s probably why Hydeaholics like myself (and others) could spend paragraphs discussing each scene – the what if’s, the imagining what is going on inside Jacks/Hyde’s mind, the significance of each and every sound FX etc etc

Now I fully appreciate this might make those of us who enjoy this discussion a little niche – even in our little community.

And that’s why I created the thread. A place for safe discussion of ALL things Jekyll & Hyde – from the failings and missed potential of a 90’s B movie, to the amazing work of Mako, to the wonderful artwork of Smooch and all of the other work in between.

(Sorry for the ramble but I really wanted to express my thoughts on the matter)
thelovelyjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2015   #20
riderkid
Gaming Journalist

I've always wondered why no ones tried to make a Jekyll Hyde story in reverse.

A boy who's a total monster takes the potion hoping to get stronger but instead it unleashes a scared girl inside.
Unread 12-05-2015   #21
thelovelyjoanne
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderkid View Post

A boy who's a total monster takes the potion hoping to get stronger but instead it unleashes a scared girl inside.
That's a brilliant idea!!
Unread 12-06-2015   #22
Jake
Frequent Poster

Indeed. Someone get on it nao!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2015   #23
ashe5k
Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderkid View Post

That's.. that's a great idea
Unread 02-26-2016   #24
thelovelyjoanne
Process Fan

http://knikster91.deviantart.com/art...E-TG-592370228

Found this sexy little series. Something nice for all us J&H fans.

Hope you enjoy............