free hit counters
Best place to write your own Addventure? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-27-2009   #1
NinjaBunneh
I <3 Bunnygirls

Best place to write your own Addventure?

I've been wanting to write some multiple branching transformation stories that other people can add too, like the Unending BE Addventure or CYOC but I don't know a good place to make my own.

Writing.com is about what I'm looking for but that website is a damn mess what with the gratuitous amount of ads plastered everywhere among many other things.

So, anyone know anyplace good to do something like this? There's afew ideas I'd really like to make into stories like that.
NinjaBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009   #2
EchoWing
Process Master

Re: Best place to write your own Addventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBunneh View Post
I've been wanting to write some multiple branching transformation stories that other people can add too, like the Unending BE Addventure or CYOC but I don't know a good place to make my own.

Writing.com is about what I'm looking for but that website is a damn mess what with the gratuitous amount of ads plastered everywhere among many other things.

So, anyone know anyplace good to do something like this? There's afew ideas I'd really like to make into stories like that.
I'd go ahead and use the BE Addventure.
EchoWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009   #3
NinjaBunneh
I <3 Bunnygirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoWing View Post
I'd go ahead and use the BE Addventure.
Problem with BE Addventure is that you have to derail the story to write your own via a restart and then you're story is lost in the billions of pages of BE Addventure and is VERY hard to actually hunt down or build upon.

BE Addventure is great for what it is but I'm looking for something a bit more focused. Basically like Writing.com minus the suck.
NinjaBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009   #4
UnknownOrange
One depressing dude

Well, seeing as Fiction Branches' main addventure deals with a rock that can grant wishes, you can probably find a way to implement your story.

And, most of the stories are very well written.
UnknownOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009   #5
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

It's not too hard to find an open restart page on the BEA. Failing that you could just start up a branch for a story that's going nowhere and drastically shift everything over one or two pages to your own plot. The important thing to do in BEA is to have a set series name if you're going to be continuously adding to one story, and to reference the content of the chapters in the page titles.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009   #6
humble.fool
Rubber Band Man

It's also not that hard to find a *new* story in the addventure -- the recent episode lists are advertisement enough for most of them. As soon as you stop posting in the branch, though...
Unread 11-28-2009   #7
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Speaking as a reader and occasional contributor to various interactive story sites -- yeah, you're not gonna find one that's 100% perfect.

Writing.com is the only one that allows you to create your own top-level story -- of course, that definitely gets abused, and thus there are thousands of stories there that haven't gone beyond a few chapters, because, honestly, how many video-game-character-gets-shrunk stories does the world need?

On CYOC, you can easily create second-level stories; it also has a functionality that I wish the other interactive sites had: unlimited possible continuations for each chapter, using either suggestions from the previous author or freeform entries.

Fiction Branches has the best search of these four; granted, that's not saying much, but at least it can successfully find authors' names.

The BE Addventure is, simply put, "the granddaddy of 'em all"; I also give it points for its indices -- put together manually every month, as I understand it.
catfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009   #8
catfish27
Frequent Poster

I realized I forgot CHYOO, where one can also create one's own top-level story. The interface is seriously clunky, though.
catfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009   #9
strawman1985
Frequent Poster

I have done a couple of interactives at writing.com
strawman1985 is offline   Reply With Quote