free hit counters
Help in a Expasnion-based CCG - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-28-2008   #1
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Help in a Expasnion-based CCG

HI Everyone, as you may or (probably) may not know, I've been working on making a Inflation based Card game. Been working on it for a bit, but there is a rather severe problem. There is no way to actually PLAY the game, which is why I've come to you for some help.

http://dragon-6860.deviantart.com/ar...-Game-82153429

There's the link for the card set, and the rough layout of the rules.

Now, what I need help with is some way of actually being able to play this game with each other. I thought something flash-based might work, but I have negative skill points in flash coding, and no time to learn. (Med school leaves you with little free time)

So what I need is someone, anyone to lend a hand with this. Any ideas of how we could play it, how to work it or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
Unread 05-29-2008   #2
long john silver

Re: Help in a Expasnion-based CCG

Here be a helpful tip.
Try to be usin' somethin' better than MSpaint.
Unread 05-29-2008   #3
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Heh, naturally, but that IS my level of drawing skill. There are numerous other pieces which are NOT MS paint, done by a large number of artists, but it's not really about the art. What did you think of the rules and how the game worked?
Unread 05-29-2008   #4
long john silver

Did ye get permission to use those pictures from the actual artists who be makin' them?
I be findin' meself suspicious on this account.
Unread 05-29-2008   #5
Metatron
Alea iacta est

Lol I found it pretty funny and interesting too bad no one here meets on physical basis so it can be played
Metatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008   #6
Kevin_Generic
Process Master

You can try to play with the coding for the Magic: the gathering program Apprentice, I mean they are able to make cards and sets for it so I guess if you have enough skill as a programmed you could probably modify it for your own game.
Unread 05-29-2008   #7
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Apprentice eh? Hmm...that might work. Have'nt heard of the program, but if it's based on Magic, and you can make your own cards and sets, and you can do net play, that may work really well I'll download that program and take a look, may work

And LGS, Yes, I got permission for as many as I could. There were a few artists that i was unable to talk to, due to them being gone from the inflation community, I got permission from most of them.
Unread 06-10-2008   #8
Kevin_Generic
Process Master

Yea it is a tool players use to make and test decks so they know if they are possibly any good before they go out and buy the cards. It also supports the option for 2 people to play each other, so good luck.
Unread 11-22-2008   #9
Kutono
Leecher

hey this is Kutono, this is actually my first post on this site regardless of being a member for over a year. I'd be willing to help design the cards my tip is to find a bunch of good WG or Inflation artist and ask there permission on the art problem. But I'm here if you want me to design the cards.
Kutono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008   #10
dragon6860
Writer of Inflation

Hehe, sadly, the problem isn't making the cards, it's getting some kinda program to actually PLAY the game :-D everything I've come up with doesn't work that well Not sure what to do about that...
Unread 12-09-2008   #11
Kutono
Leecher

There's a flash thing on Newgrounds that has a TCG game that is online for free, maybe we could ask the creator how you go about making a online card game.
Kutono is offline   Reply With Quote