free hit counters
New Island of Dr. Moreau series in the works... with a twist! - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-19-2015   #1
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

New Island of Dr. Moreau series in the works... with a twist!

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/19/the-...-in-the-works/

This time, Dr. Moreau is a woman. Thought you guys might be interested in this if it means possible female TF content.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2015   #2
slayer1
Process Master

Re: New Island of Dr. Moreau series in the works... with a twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
http://comicbook.com/2015/09/19/the-...-in-the-works/

This time, Dr. Moreau is a woman. Thought you guys might be interested in this if it means possible female TF content.

also a new film adaptation...?
Unread 09-20-2015   #3
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Well, the doctor did not transformed himself in the original story, so the chances of seeing female TFs in the series are the same (or lower) than in the older ones... I would say more: it creates the chance of a romantic involvement between the doctor and the "castaway", so the character of the animal-girl might be redundant and so unnecessary xD.
Anyway, it is very good news for the furry fans out there.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2015   #4
Shadow_Dragon
Evil Dragon oooh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Well, the doctor did not transformed himself in the original story, so the chances of seeing female TFs in the series are the same (or lower) than in the older ones... I would say more: it creates the chance of a romantic involvement between the doctor and the "castaway", so the character of the animal-girl might be redundant and so unnecessary xD.
Anyway, it is very good news for the furry fans out there.
Well to be fair, the fact that

1) Dr. Moreau is being cast as a woman is a good indicator that they are going to stray a good bit from the original story.

2) This will be a series, which, depending on the show ratings and contracts, I'd say will get at least 2 seasons, with about 20-25 min of content, so more likely you'll see some drawn out plot and probably some stuff in between.

Also, on a side note of the film adaptation

The Moreau series is far from the first adaptation of the source material. Five different big screen takes have already been released to in theaters over the decades with another theatrical version in development at Warner Bros. Pictures and Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way. That version is being scripted by “Hemlock Grove” scribes Brian McGreevy and Lee Shipman and has DiCaprio producing alongside Jennifer Davisson Killoran and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment.

-comingsoon.net

Changing Times Podcast
Shadow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2015   #5
gwsfox
Process Fan

This could be really good or really bad.

Making the story a TV series does mean a higher chance to see some process. Not likely to see as much as we want, granted.

As far as making Dr. Moreau a woman....
I can see that working, provided she is written well. I can't see a romance with the Castaway though.

I'm also on the fence with the story setting. Is it modern times or a period piece. Setting it in modern times may have more conflicts with government authority and/or military authority. (Someone will know about the research and/or experiments and will want to steal it for whatever reason.)
A period piece would have more conflicts with gender roles and morality. (The conflict with morality would apply to both settings, but I don't think it would have as much impact on the story if the setting is modern times.)

I could be wrong on any of this.
We'll just have to wait and see.
gwsfox is offline   Reply With Quote