free hit counters
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-24-2013   #61
westernkitsune
Leecher

Re: Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign

Now that you have a product of some kind I'm willing to back your effort Zetsub. I've bought your alpha.
westernkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013   #62
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernkitsune View Post
Now that you have a product of some kind I'm willing to back your effort Zetsub. I've bought your alpha.
Thanks heaps! It really means a lot to us when people buy the game, hopefully you really like it

A few people on 4chan and Farhads and a few other places were calling us kickscammers and saying we ran off with the money, it feels awesome to have a game out and to prove all of those people wrong.

Just wait until character 2, I'm really looking forward to having her released
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013   #63
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

It's 4chan.
The people who brought you OWS, the rampant infiltration of OWS by Anarchists, and the ultimate destruction of a grassroots organization through agents provocateur.
I trust them about as far as I can spit.
Unread 08-24-2013   #64
cpt soban
Likely Suspect

Alternatively it might be that many kickstarter programs go a very short distance regardless of the funds received before the design group/lead fails. At that point typically a claim is made that all or most of the funds have been consumed. Kickstarter has no legal ability to get the funds back from developers.

You cant fault 4chan for leveling accusations based on a precedent. Personally, I thought the project was going to implode about half way through, and I'm actually very surprised it appears to have not done so. Congratulations for producing a finished product with continual content, but you seriously cant fault anyone for having been skeptical of the legitimacy of your kickstarter.
cpt soban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013   #65
sue-min
Leecher

I think the game looks.. OK, not that good, but okay. but not worth that money :/ Sorry.
So I'm downloading it atm (torrent), but I'll give you my opinion once i'm done playing it
sue-min is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013   #66
Luke2013
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue-min View Post
I think the game looks.. OK, not that good, but okay. but not worth that money :/ Sorry.
So I'm downloading it atm (torrent), but I'll give you my opinion once i'm done playing it
Well that's pretty poor. They are workinv hard on the game and to make it good and you go and pirate it and let alone the game is still in the alpha stage.
Luke2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013   #67
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2013 View Post
Well that's pretty poor. They are workinv hard on the game and to make it good and you go and pirate it and let alone the game is still in the alpha stage.
I personally found it kinda shitty to outright cop to jacking an alpha product. Although I can understand why - with the free release having an undetermined street date, and the developer buy-in being the only way to see it now - I grew up as one of those "poor unfortunates" who neither got to, nor expected to, see a product until it was ready to ship.

That being said, I don't really expect my old-timer's speech to have any impact on the younger generation. So, get off my lawn, but not before you turn that dubstep... UP! HA!!!
Unread 08-29-2013   #68
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue-min View Post
Then just wait for a sale or the free version, don't steal it.

Sucks we're being pirated but we're not going to go crazy with DRM and screw over everyone who bought the game. It just negatively impacts people who bought the game.

The only thing I can really do to stop piracy is say the truth. We're a two man team. If you pirate the game, you're letting more people play it for free. If we get pirated, we will *not* make any games after this, we're running on break even at the moment but if we get pirated it *will* kill us as a company.

Two man team. Not making huge amounts of money. Please don't pirate us, we want to make more games. That's all there is to it, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Work on the game is going well though! We're hard at work on character 2, DK just did some new outfits for Sophie: http://puu.sh/4esob.jpg
Unread 08-29-2013   #69
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Hey, Zetsub... would it be okay if I were to buy two keys when my next couple paychecks come through?

Maybe even have an official "Gift-a-Key" option?

Unread 08-29-2013   #70
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
Hey, Zetsub... would it be okay if I were to buy two keys when my next couple paychecks come through?

Maybe even have an official "Gift-a-Key" option?

Buy as many copies as you want! It does make a big difference to development. Desura has a gift key option, and if you backed the game and buy a copy (a few people waiting for the $10 keys did this) you can send your spare code to a friend for them to activate.

Cheers
Unread 08-29-2013   #71
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

You keep producing, I'll keep lambasting asshats.

FWIW, excluding "lol" and "no review" ratings that don't even attempt to justify their existence, the game charts roughly an 8.8. Yet another reason to leave ratings open; even if comment trolls nail them, they're quickly revealed by simple logic and intuition.
Unread 08-30-2013   #72
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsub View Post
We've already received enough money to make the game in a playable state, but we need 5k to release the game at a level with which we'd be happy at.
And then

Quote:
If we get pirated, we will *not* make any games after this, we're running on break even at the moment but if we get pirated it *will* kill us as a company.
I greatly doubt that after getting 500% of your initial goal you should worry about "dieing" as a company.

My Deviantart: http://cuddle-beam.deviantart.com/
CuddleBeam is offline   Reply With Quote