free hit counters
Transformations that happend off screen. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-27-2018   #1
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Transformations that happend off screen.

Here's one for you lot.

what transformations in movies,tv or comics that happend off screen or not in shot did you wish they did in more detail?

most of the time everything happens very quickly. what parts did you want them to focus on but they didnt?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2018   #2
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Re: Transformations that happend off screen.

Three that I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. Christina - Hemlock Grove: I know many here are not big on skin rip TFs like they did in Hemlock Grove, but this was a big letdown for me. They give both her origin story as to how she became a werewolf, her first tranformation, and then have her transform to attack the protagonists, all within a twenty minute scene. Through all of that, all we get to see is 5-7 seconds of her face as the transformation starts. Given the detail paid to all of Peter's transformations throughout the series, for them to handle the scene like this is supremely disappointing.
  2. Christa - Becoming Human: I could talk about some of the missteps in the American Being Human, but the great Nora tf gives them some slack. The webseries, though, was it's own set of disappointment. Maybe expectations were too high, but given the quality of effects in the British series, it made sense to believe they would extend that same quality to whatever format. Nope. Some contacts/claws/teeth, and she's whisked off to a closet for the actual transformation. Thanks...
  3. Kat - Another WolfCop: I really enjoyed the first WolfCop, and the transformation scenes in it were creative (again, though, they probably put off those who aren't fans of skin-rip). When there were rumblings of a female were-creature potentially being in the sequel, I started paying close attention. What we got, though, was a complete let down. The actress goes behind a changing screen, and all of the action is 100% blocked. She emerges as a fully transformed were-cat, but we don't get any part of the tf on screen. Massive bummer.

I'm sure I could think of more with time (Honorable mentions to the Bitten series after the 4th episode or so, and the US Being Human episode that deprives us of what could have been an amazing double tf), but those were three that immediately came to me.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2018   #3
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
Three that I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. Christina - Hemlock Grove: I know many here are not big on skin rip TFs like they did in Hemlock Grove, but this was a big letdown for me. They give both her origin story as to how she became a werewolf, her first tranformation, and then have her transform to attack the protagonists, all within a twenty minute scene. Through all of that, all we get to see is 5-7 seconds of her face as the transformation starts. Given the detail paid to all of Peter's transformations throughout the series, for them to handle the scene like this is supremely disappointing.
  2. Christa - Becoming Human: I could talk about some of the missteps in the American Being Human, but the great Nora tf gives them some slack. The webseries, though, was it's own set of disappointment. Maybe expectations were too high, but given the quality of effects in the British series, it made sense to believe they would extend that same quality to whatever format. Nope. Some contacts/claws/teeth, and she's whisked off to a closet for the actual transformation. Thanks...
  3. Kat - Another WolfCop: I really enjoyed the first WolfCop, and the transformation scenes in it were creative (again, though, they probably put off those who aren't fans of skin-rip). When there were rumblings of a female were-creature potentially being in the sequel, I started paying close attention. What we got, though, was a complete let down. The actress goes behind a changing screen, and all of the action is 100% blocked. She emerges as a fully transformed were-cat, but we don't get any part of the tf on screen. Massive bummer.

I'm sure I could think of more with time (Honorable mentions to the Bitten series after the 4th episode or so, and the US Being Human episode that deprives us of what could have been an amazing double tf), but those were three that immediately came to me.
100% agree on all these. I would add, for the same Being Human US, we could have had the chance of getting a Sally werewolf TF for the alternative timeline in which she gets scrachted .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2018   #4
Mr.sandman
Process Fan

All of The Boy Who Cried Werewolf gave teenage me blue balls cause they only showed a watered down partial tf.
Mr.sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2018   #5
Northwind
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.sandman View Post
All of The Boy Who Cried Werewolf gave teenage me blue balls cause they only showed a watered down partial tf.
TBWCW wasn't bad for a kid's movie, but when you see what KNB EFX could have done with her TF it does feel like a missed opportunity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m_p_06_2.jpg (174.2 KB, 189 views)
Northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2018   #6
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
TBWCW wasn't bad for a kid's movie, but when you see what KNB EFX could have done with her TF it does feel like a missed opportunity.
Well, I don't know if this could have happened, but I believe that they discarded the design because it could scare the kids. These movies are made for entertainment and a bit of comedy 99%, but I am not saying anything new, for sure .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2018   #7
personEL
Frequent Poster

Too damn many:

Aladdin - Jasmine into a snake...and a rat
Descendants 2 - Mal into a dragon
The Swan Princess - Odette into a swan
Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure - Rapunzel and Cassandra into birds
Danny Phantom - Sam and Paulina into dragons
personEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2018   #8
Peanutt_Buta
TF Artist/Writer

Amazing that no one here has yet to mention Sorsha's off-screen transformation into a pig from Willow.