free hit counters
Funky Spice The Computer Game! - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-24-2018   #1
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Funky Spice The Computer Game!

What is Funky Spice “The Computer Game”?

Born of the contempt for the limitations of common storytelling and graphic/text story game engines such as RPG maker and Twine… Funky Spice the PC game development begins with building its own storytelling engine!

Platform: Windows 10 desktop.
Requirements: same as Operating System + an active internet connection.
(See the developer's roadmap)

The setting is based on the Macrophilia story series “Funky Spice”. The Funky Spice story is about a manipulative brother (the player), his ever-growing younger sister, their family and friends. And of course, a mutagenic spice which has a variety of effects depending on how and by whom it is consumed.

The main character must deal with his basic needs, university classes and family drama while trying to solve his own personal issues and of course: experiment with the spice.

Almost ready for Alpha Testing!

Snotling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2018   #2
MadDemon64
Process Fan

Re: Funky Spice The Computer Game!

I sure hope it's eventually playable on Windows 8.
MadDemon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2018   #3
Snotling
Frequent Poster

I'll see about compatibility with older versions of windows when I create the first alpha build. If its not too much trouble, I'll make a windows 7-8 installer. If not, Maybe for the Beta.
Unread 05-24-2018   #4
MadDemon64
Process Fan

An installer? From the sound of the description it was going to be a browser game.
MadDemon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2018   #5
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Talking Re: Funky Spice The Computer Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDemon64 View Post
An installer? From the sound of the description it was going to be a browser game.
A browser game would run on almost any operating system.

This is a full-blown windows application backed by an online database. It's 100% unique because I have build the game engine myself. Especially because of the limitation of browser games!

I've been working on it part time since September 2017. At this point, the engine is almost complete. That is the reason for the Patreon, I need supporters for the database server and the SSL certificates in order to go into Alpha testing with actual players.

The next step is to integrate the story elements for the game to be actually enjoyable beyond feeding spice to your family and watching it grow
Unread 05-24-2018   #6
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

I hope it's playable on Macs. Looks like fun. Out of curiosity, will you be advertising this on the TF Games Site? It'd be a good way to attract customers.
Case Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2018   #7
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Scenario View Post
I hope it's playable on Macs. Looks like fun. Out of curiosity, will you be advertising this on the TF Games Site? It'd be a good way to attract customers.
I had no idea this site existed, but I'll look into it.

I don't think Macs are on the road map just yet. But Macs can run windows...

Considering that I'm committed to making the game happen, but I'm just one person filling the positions of:
- Game designer
- Programmer
- Architect
- Graphics Designer
- Marketing
- Copywriter
- Public relations
- Venture investor
- project manager

Choices had to be made as to how many and which platforms would/could be supported and how much it would cost to do so.

It turns out that if only ONE platform could be picked above the others to reach as many people as possible it would be the browser. But I'm not very good doing that by myself so I had to settle for the second most accessible, and that would be Windows (dot.Net).

Depending on how interested people are, the whole dot.Net back-end could be used to make it a HTML5 game someday but I'd need a web developer as committed to doing it as I am which means spending a lot of time and only expecting to break even and make people smile in return for his efforts.

100$ per month is a very reasonable goal, we'll get there 1$ at a time and that'll get the project running on AWS or Azure with proper security certificates. and at that point, with the engine ready, I'll put most of my time on content! Rendering and writing story elements.

the way I'm planning the dating system and the side-stories to happen in game, sort of like side-missions... they could work as monthly by-request content from subscribers, so the longer the game runs, the more variety there could be to it. And more fetish areas explored...

I hope we can get people on board and do something great down the road.
Unread 05-25-2018   #8
Dragoon
Poser Growth amateur

Well this look really interesting and I cannot help but participate to help you out. This is a lot of work, cause I've looked into doing something similar and realized I didn't have enough free time for it.

So hopefully you'll get the support you need to keep working on this.

Last edited by Dragoon; 05-25-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2018   #9
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
Well this look really interesting and I cannot help but participate to help you out. This is a lot of work, cause I've looked into doing something similar and realized I didn't have enough free time for it.

So hopefully you'll get the support you need to keep working on this
Thanks a lot Dragoon!
It was a lot of work to bring the game engine to life and there is still a lot to do to make it an actual game... Also, I still have a few kinks to work out for AP and Height progression to coexist but it should be done by Monday.

The testers will get to feed, exercise and GROW, AP, BE, MG and PE the characters while I bring up the render count to make more and more size/characters/locations possible.

Next in the development stage comes the mini-quest system for "dates" which will introduce minor characters and short stories that will constitute the regular content updates in the future.

Since the main NPCs take quite some time to grow (supposing you want them to reach 9' tall which I know most people do) side quests will give some more short term gratification and more tangible story to look forward to.

For that, I'll listen to my Patrons to suggest situational ideas and characters. So if anyone ever wanted someone he knew to be part of a growth adventure, patronage might do that!

If let's say another 3D artist wanted to contribute, I'll give some technical specifications for the graphics material for the collaboration work ;-)
Unread 05-26-2018   #10
Snotling
Frequent Poster

preview of the June Reward for ma Patrons. The actual reward is a "vine-like" Animation of 6 seconds or so viewable with GoogleCardboard.

July will probably be something else, like a short story... Maybe I don't know yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye8hhc2lm2...efore.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwlu45y6rg...After.jpg?dl=0

this time its an AP/AR + Growth quickie, The Mother ages back to a teenager and the teenage Daughter grows into an adult... An important 6 seconds of their lives witnessed from the perspective of their son/brother.

Last edited by Snotling; 05-26-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Unread 05-27-2018   #11
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotling View Post
I had no idea this site existed, but I'll look into it.
Yes, do. I don't think I ever would have found The Pirate's Fate or Rad Science without it, and now they're some of my favorite games.
Case Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2018   #12
Snotling
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Scenario View Post
Yes, do. I don't think I ever would have found The Pirate's Fate or Rad Science without it, and now they're some of my favorite games.
I had a quick look at Rad science, It has splendid graphics and cut scenes! But its more of a linear story than an actual game. It does share some elements with what I'm doing though... With BE, Size-change and masturbation being part of the equation.

I'm curious as to how advanced is Sorrow's current development on his game as far as giving more options and more control to the user. I personally rejected Ren'Py as a game engine because it lacked in capacity to do just that.

Tags
ap/be/fmg, gts, pc-game, slow growth