free hit counters
Manimal Movie? - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-20-2012   #13
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Re: Manimal Movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianxavier View Post
Think it would go in into "Everything Else" but maybe sub-catagories that deal with male transforms could work? But eh... I like the current organization Lorekeep has done.
Trust me, this exact argument and question has been argued and answered many times before. The current system is a result of it, and no changes need to be made. When the demographic of the Process Forum changes so much that more than a single poster at a time thinks that we should have a male sub forum, then we might get one.

Quote:
As for back on topic, Interesting a Manimal movie... I think this is the same as the short run TV show? Then cool... tho if they do what they tend to do with remakes, we might have a chance that a female might transform too... maybe?
Here's the problem: for a woman to transform in a movie like this she will have to be a significant part of the movie's plot, and that's not going to happen. The movie will have female characters, of course, but they will exist as satellite characters which orbit male characters. Their role in the movie will be to assist male characters who have actual personalities, conflicts, and goals.

Could I be wrong about this? Yes, and I will be thrilled if I am. I am confident that I will not be, however, because you make these mid-budget action movies with a Mad-Libs book. That book already has the male protagonist and antagonist who have a personal disagreement before they get super powers hard written in. All the scibe has to do is fill in their hair colors and write a few connecting scenes.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012   #14
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I know you've been around the TF community a long time, which is why I found it so odd that you were unaware of The Process rules. They aren't the rules of the entire "TF World", just this forum.

Thanx. Yeah... I actually never caught on to the Female Only TF thing here. I think because 99% of the time I'm posting or reading what's going on in the TG Threads. It's rare for me to post outside of it. Just took me 12 years to figure that out - which I think it pretty funny actually.

- Mako -
Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012   #15
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
Here's the problem: for a woman to transform in a movie like this she will have to be a significant part of the movie's plot, and that's not going to happen. The movie will have female characters, of course, but they will exist as satellite characters which orbit male characters. Their role in the movie will be to assist male characters who have actual personalities, conflicts, and goals.
Sounds like someone's familiar with the Bechdel Test!
catfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote