free hit counters
YouTube, Animation and the lack of it there - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-19-2017   #1
MindsEye
Lurker

YouTube, Animation and the lack of it there

YouTube used to have more animations, now all that shows up in new are mostly rehashed comics made into videos. The irritating the thing is that they
say they are animations and take up that part of search. Also a trend I hope dies is making animations into "stories", that is uncreative and makes the search even more frustrating.

The newest Tg animators are from Surody and a FlipAClip user. Surody stopped posting their stuff on YouTube, and I saw the FlipAClip user's newer stuff a few days ago.

Is YouTube blocking this content? If so anyone interested in starting a new website dedicated to Tg animations?
MindsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2017   #2
tgfreak123
a storeroom

Re: YouTube, Animation and the lack of it there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindsEye View Post
The newest Tg animators are from Surody and a FlipAClip user. Surody stopped posting their stuff on YouTube, and I saw the FlipAClip user's newer stuff a few days ago.
The stuff on Surody's youtube are mostly teasers and promotional material, the rest is available in Surody's Patreon or deviantart for stuff that are too adult by youtube's standards

If you want more Surody then you could checkout these:
https://www.surodytg.com/home
https://surody.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://www.patreon.com/surodyTG

Quote:
Is YouTube blocking this content? If so anyone interested in starting a new website dedicated to Tg animations?
The reason why there isnt much tg animations in Youtube is the same reason as why animation artists in general find it hard to monetize their works on youtube. As far as money is concerned, its not feasible to make a living doing animations on youtube which is why Patreon is a suitable alternative.

In short, youtube simply isnt blocking, its just the climate on how videos are prioritized that discourages animators from investing their efforts in youtube.

Well.. youtube did block some of my mtf morph videos years ago, but most of the old stuff are still around like strangevis, Skaplip, sapphirefox, InfinitySign, VectorVandal07, while TheTGArtist's metroid infection was reuploaded by another user.

Last edited by tgfreak123; 12-19-2017 at 02:06 AM.
tgfreak123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2017   #3
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

I'm hoping to get into doing animation(hand draw) when I have more time on my hands. My main job and moving house take up a lot of time. Also most of the stuff I'd want to do cant be uploaded to youtube since it would be too graphic. But I'm all for doing free content if it got me views and notice. Since I'm not well known yet.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2017   #4
MindsEye
Lurker

The problem with Patreon is, you don't have a free option.
I think we need a website that hosts content and uses advertising as a way to generate income for content creators and also has a donate button.
Unread 12-19-2017   #5
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

I've got a couple on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/genyunproductions
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2017   #6
stonovan
Process Fan

Quote:
The problem with Patreon is, you don't have a free option.
I think we need a website that hosts content and uses advertising as a way to generate income for content creators and also has a donate button.
Except that if you do anything mature for the most part, you have to be careful or Youtube will prevent you from making money off of it, and in general advertisers and anyone who deals with money is incredibly hesitant about dealing with adult material because it has an abnormally high rate of being reported as a false purchase.
Artists don't need to give you a free option, though you may want one. Sometimes you just gotta either give them some cash so they have support or go without. It makes the content when you do get it feel more valuable. And videos take a lot of time and resources to make.
Unread 12-19-2017   #7
MindsEye
Lurker

Although I can't come up with a great Argument against "no free lunch", the lack of those interested in posting free animations is surprising
Unread 12-20-2017   #8
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Quote:
Although I can't come up with a great Argument against "no free lunch", the lack of those interested in posting free animations is surprising
Some do but you have to remember animation is a time consuming process.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2017   #9
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Some do but you have to remember animation is a time consuming process.
Accurate.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote