free hit counters
Semi-Series: Uneven Head Shrink - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-17-2013   #1
vid
Frequent Poster

Semi-Series: Uneven Head Shrink

(I've mentioned before, but I enjoy uneven size change, particularity shrinking heads. Whenever I come across a pic I like, I see if I can collage it. During one session, I came up with an idea to tie pretty much all my pics together into a loose series. I probably won't do this regularly, so don't ask [and I won't do requests since I can't guarantee I can actually pull it off]. That said, I'm making a thread to start a story and will post pics when I feel like it. Hope you enjoy!)

The latest report from the world of tech:

"Fringe," the new cellphone that debuted two years ago was looking to become the hottest gadget on the market. But a defect that produces a low frequency sound wave was recently discovered that is causing serious health problems. Several men who used the device are developing hearing problems. For women, it's much worse and far more bizarre: their heads physically shrink to roughly the size of a tennis ball. Aside from the obvious cosmetic concerns and a higher pitched voice, victims have been reported to suffer extreme dizziness and increased sensitivity to exposure from heat or cold.

Resulting lawsuits have bankrupted the company, but for many the damage may be irreversible. We have exclusive interviews from those whose lives have been forever changed by this strange phenomenon.

Tracy Williams is a marketing consultant who was on lunch break when she used her Fringe phone to call a friend. She says she barely noticed the low humming sound but felt something wasn't right.

"I just felt like something was off,"
she said. "I could feel a slight tingle in my scalp and there was this weird creaking noise. I didn't realize I had to lean closer and closer to the phone."

When Tracey's friend asked why her voice sounded weird, Tracey turned her head and was startled.

"My hand looked enormous! I didn't know what was going on!"

Panicking, she pulled out a compact mirror. The horror of her discovery is still fresh in her mind.

"I...I must've been screaming for 5 minutes straight."

Life has been difficult for Tracey at home and at work.

"Eating is hard. I have to cut things really small or I might choke. I've been doing what I can at work, but no one really takes you seriously when you sound like a chipmunk."

Tracey was able to settle out of court for over $2 million.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh.jpg (10.3 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by vid; 05-29-2013 at 01:20 PM.
vid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013   #2
gladewalker
Mad Scientist

Re: Semi-Series: Uneven Head Shrink

Wow that would be rough...
gladewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013   #3
vid
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladewalker View Post
Wow that would be rough...

I know, it's a bit morbid, but the details and the way her life changes, I find, is part of the appeal. You'll see some people who adjust better.

BTW, I'm open to anyone wanting to contribute a pic + story that fits the prologue.
Unread 05-17-2013   #4
vid
Frequent Poster

The "Fringe" phone was also used by several celebrities. Film and television star Jaime Pressly (Joy from "My Name is Earl") hasn't let her condition get to her. In fact, her nickname for her affliction - "Pinhead" - has gone viral and become the official term.

She was seen at a photoshoot one week after her head shrunk; her steely gaze dared the crew to say one word about her new look.

Several weeks later, she was seen at a local park, going about life as normal and ignoring curious stares from children and parents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh2.jpg (96.5 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg sh3.jpg (91.5 KB, 230 views)
Unread 05-17-2013   #5
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I know, it's a bit morbid, but the details and the way her life changes, I find, is part of the appeal.
I like the way you think. It gives the material more, I don't know... substance.
Case Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013   #6
vid
Frequent Poster

Stephanie Fuller had trouble adjusting to her onset of "Cranial Compression Syndrome" (CCS).

"Within the first few weeks, I was having panic attacks. Everything looked so big to me."

Hoping to get her anxiety under control, she began practicing yoga.

"I'd heard so much about it, but I've never really tried it. At that point in my life, I was willing to do anything."

Over a year and half later, Stephanie is not only still practicing, but has used her settlement earnings to open her own studio, hiring local teachers and holding special classes for other victims of CCS.

"I'm actually happier now than when my head was still big. I know I'll probably stay this way for the rest of my life, but I've made peace with it and find it so rewarding to help others do the same You might say one transformation led to another!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh6.jpg (14.2 KB, 147 views)
Unread 05-31-2013   #7
stringchange
Lurker

nice. thats a interesting concept.
stringchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013   #8
vid
Frequent Poster

"Fringe" was especially popular in the modeling business for its features, price, and trendiness. The industry is now in a crisis because of the multiple cases of CCS among even novice models, many of whom now struggle to find work.

Because modeling provides a diverse genetic pool of victims of the "Fringe" phone, startling new mutations are being uncovered. A cover spread from the November issue of "Grip" magazine, one of the few to employ women with CCS, shows just how varied the condition can be:

Monique Tyler (right) exhibits the typical symptoms: small head, squeaky voice, increased sensitivity.

Gabrielle Ramirez (center) however has one rare but striking difference - her head shrunk; her ears did not. She points out that modelling often requires her to wear her hair back, so her ears usually stick out.

"It's different, but not by much."

In addition, the difference between the width of her ears and the size of her head's muscles and bones has resulted in keener hearing, which she's seen as a plus.

"I'm always telling my friends, 'Don't worry about me - I've got super powers now!'"

Mary Ann D'Arc (left) is also an unusual case: her hair survived the transformation relatively unchanged. Her once shoulder-length locks now reach her elbows. D'Arc has tried cutting it, but the mutation increased each fiber's thickness and durability.

It's insane - it takes minutes to cut one strand. And it always grows back the next day!"

She now spends more time than ever grooming, making sure her long tresses don't get in her eyes.

"I'm stuck either parting to the sides or tying it all back. My bangs are so huge I'll be blind! You'd think a girl would enjoy longer hair, but this is just so damn frustrating!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh9.jpg (55.4 KB, 158 views)
Unread 06-11-2013   #9
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

Well, really, it's especially weird that the hair shrinks at all. It's dead, recycled skin. But then, that's just my tendency to over think these things. But it does amuse me to think of those tiny little heads getting overwhelmed by normal-sized hair. I remember, that happened to Smurfette once, in an episode of the Smurfs a hundred and ten years ago when they met a witch doctor. Funny, the memories you can revisit in a fetish forum.
Unread 06-12-2013   #10
vid
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Scenario View Post
I remember, that happened to Smurfette once, in an episode of the Smurfs a hundred and ten years ago when they met a witch doctor.
Really? She gets her head shrunk? I for one would love it if you knew anything else about the episode - I'd love to track it down.

EDIT - Found it: Season 9, episode 33: "Small-Minded Smurfs" (try Googling)

Last edited by vid; 06-12-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Unread 06-20-2013   #11
vid
Frequent Poster

There's certainly been no shortage of couples affected by the Fringe dilemma. Anita Berrelis and her boyfriend of 6 years Mike Tillman have been doing their best to move on since Anita's head became smaller, but they've had their difficulties.

"He's been having a hard time adjusting to me," said Anita. "He worries about my dizzy spells and all the other problems I've been having. I think he's reaching his limit with the whole thing."

"Trying to be intimate with her has become an obstacle course," Mike said. "We can hardly kiss and I'm so scared I'll hurt her."

Frustration has led to bitter arguments and tension is always high. The couple has opted for a trial separation to "sort things out," but said they haven't given up on each other yet.

"I still see the woman I love in that tiny face," said Mike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh11.jpg (240.8 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by vid; 06-21-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Unread 06-21-2013   #12
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

Say, Vid, did you ever read Tank Girl? If not, I had an old page here I thought you'd like. It's not much of anything, but in our fetish range you take what you can get.
Attached Images
File Type: png 31.png (240.6 KB, 140 views)