free hit counters
Weight gain game demo - Download and comment - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-06-2009   #1
ygnacioz
Leecher

Weight gain game demo - Download and comment

Well, here the demo of the game.

I hope you enjoy it and of course, give your oppinon

LINK:

http://rapidshare.com/files/193159404/no_name_yet.rar

CONTROLS:

Right, Left Arrows: Move right or left
Up arrow: Jump (you can double jump)
Down Arrow: Crouch
Spacebar : Fire metabolism pellets

These other files are in case the above file doesnt work

1) http://rapidshare.com/files/193183572/DEMO.rar <--- Same demo as above but with a different link, maybe it helps

2) http://rapidshare.com/files/193982824/gmaker.rar <----The program i used to create the demo

3) http://rapidshare.com/files/194005970/demo_gmfile.rar <--- GameMaker demofile, to open and modify as u want.

NOTE: for those who cant run the demo , download file 2) , install it, download 3) unzip it, run GameMaker, load the unzipped file and run it pressing F5.............

ENJOY! and comment, ofc

I know it has some bugs but they are going to be fixed by my next release
ygnacioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009   #2
Nihtgenga
Come into my parlour...

Re: Weight gain game demo - Download and comment

OK, that's weird. It says i can't download it because I'm already downloading something else, but I'm not.

EDIT- OK, I got it to download. can't say i liked it that much.

Last edited by Nihtgenga; 02-06-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Nihtgenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009   #3
Vejita00
Master of The Universe

A for effort. Of course the production value is low and its just a very basic platformer. Be interesting to see it turned into something better.
EDIT-Meant to be encouraging.
Unread 02-06-2009   #4
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Okay...

#1- Enemies need to not just stand and shoot forever once they see you. If you jump up to another level where they can't "See" you they should resume patrolling.

#2- you should have an indicator of how many more shots you can get before you fatten up- something like maybe increasing the size of her breasts with each shot until it hits the tipping point and you bloat up or something.

#3- When the enemies fatten up, don't have them slide around. I wound up with one enemy coming to rest floating in space and me sliding right through the floor.

#4- tighten the firing cone- having your shots veer off for no reason isn't any fun.

It shows promise so far- keep at it!
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009   #5
LockheedW
Leecher

Looks like a good start, a nice bit of platforming and shooting with an interesting twist to it. Shooting seems a bit iffy, and the jumping has some slight problems, with different key press speeds resulting in varying jump heights, but it could clean up well and work as a full game.
LockheedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009   #6
Himself
</lurking>

Make it so that your character gradually expands as she takes 'damage'. Would be a good way of indicating how much health you have left.
Unread 02-10-2009   #7
Schwarzd354
Process Fan

So far everything that's been said is pretty much what I was going to add. I wouldn't mind seeing a few other things though, like a concept art picture on the side that grows with each shot, if possible to add, would be an awesome way to show your 'health'.

A side note, in that last screen before the end I love the three different girls of various sizes.

I'm a very big fan of adventure games, so (again, if possible) it might be cool to see the addition of various keys/items. Some ideas that spring to mind are doors that only open if you're a certain size. Or elevators that only go up if you've taken less than a certain number of hits (and therefore are lighter obviously) or a down elevator that will only activate once you're heavy enough. That same principle could be applied to weaker floors.

Finally, something that every shooting game should have, weapon upgrades. Multi-shooters, stronger bullets, faster shooting time. That sort of thing. The inclusion of enemies with different weapons as well as armor for you and them would round out the set.

And yes, those puns were all intentional. XD
Schwarzd354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009   #8
Schwarzd354
Process Fan

Also, did anyone find any of the green pellets the tutorial mentioned? There were those two green blocks that the first screen had as elevators, then that one green block on the wall of the last screen before the end (right below the six ceiling turrets).
Unread 02-10-2009   #9
vadrake
Lurker

Schward, I can whip you up a big list of things if you'd like. Just name your extreme.
vadrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009   #10
Schwarzd354
Process Fan

Which part of my posts are you referring to? The adventure game items? The elevator mechanics? Weapon upgrades? Sorry, I'm just a little fuzzy here.

In terms of extremes though (and in terms of items), it might be cool to see an item (maybe an armor upgrade) that lets you keep moving even when fattened up. Then you could take more 'damage' and get fatter when you finally do become to large to move.

I actually just downloaded Adrift player and maker so now I might finally make my own game to contribute to the boards.