free hit counters
New Smash Bros! - Page 11 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-17-2014   #121
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainXero View Post
All of those extra details this time around is nice. Stuff like his new gauntlet's and the emblem being visible in Lucina's eye are cool little additions. I actually like how Smash is still developing it's own "look" for everything. As cool as the more "realistic" look was in Brawl, this bright, detailed look they have going for the new game seems like it's a keeper
Definitely gotta agree on that. SSB4 so far has possibly my favorite art style in any game, period.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014   #122
JBird
Casual Artist

So, with the demo/Japanese full version out, what do you guys think?

Being a filthy peasant, I can only play the super-limited demo. But with that said, I had quite a bit of fun with it. I wish I can use the D-pad as oppose to the circle pad, but it never got to a point where I was at risk of tearing it off. I do hope we can reconfigure the controls in the full version, because having two buttons and Up to jump feels like a waste. The grab and block buttons could have easily been on the face buttons.

I've never been great at this series, but I am fairly competent while playing Mario and Link. With Pikachu, however, I keep accidentally launching myself off the stage a few times. Mega Man is pretty fun to play with, while I didn't care much for the Villager. Although, summoning that cactus rocket-thing and then hopping on it is super cute.

The 3D looked great, and, it could just be that it's the demo, I didn't see any form of slowdown.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014   #123
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Well, using the D-pad would make it impossible to use tilts (strong attacks? I forget the official name; I'm a semi-competitive smasher), wouldn't it?

Anyway, the demo feels a lot more natural than I thought it would. I was expecting to go in with the 3DS controls feeling incredibly awkward, but no, they actually flowed pretty well from the Gamecube controller, except for grab and shield. Those still mess me up.

As far as the full game, I didn't have much in the way of expectations for the roster, since aside from a select few, Brawl already had everyone who really matters in Nintendo. Yet... this went and added none of the remainders, unfortunately. No Mewtwo return, no Ridley, no K. Rool, no Dixie. And Dark Pit and Ganondorf still being Fat Falcon were both pure garbage.

On the flip side though, Palutena and Pac Man are both awesome additions, as was the Duck Hunt Dog, random-as-hell as it was. And the game looks amazing on the Wii U, just looking at some of the models in it. Can't wait for that one to release. And there's a shitton of new items and stages and musics and aasfasdfafsafdsasf new Smash. New Smash is good.

Unread 09-21-2014   #124
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
So, with the demo/Japanese full version out, what do you guys think?

Being a filthy peasant, I can only play the super-limited demo. But with that said, I had quite a bit of fun with it. I wish I can use the D-pad as oppose to the circle pad, but it never got to a point where I was at risk of tearing it off. I do hope we can reconfigure the controls in the full version, because having two buttons and Up to jump feels like a waste. The grab and block buttons could have easily been on the face buttons.

I've never been great at this series, but I am fairly competent while playing Mario and Link. With Pikachu, however, I keep accidentally launching myself off the stage a few times. Mega Man is pretty fun to play with, while I didn't care much for the Villager. Although, summoning that cactus rocket-thing and then hopping on it is super cute.

The 3D looked great, and, it could just be that it's the demo, I didn't see any form of slowdown.
I'm on the fence about the 3DS version. One the one hand I want to play the game as soon as possible, but on the other I think it would feel weird to play a fighting game on a handheld. There is also the risk to the circle pad, which I was worried about even before the pics started going online of people having already destroyed their 3DSes while playing Smash right after launch. A big part of me feels that the 3DS version shouldn't even exist, and if it didn't we'd already have the console version by now.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014   #125
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Echo View Post
Well, using the D-pad would make it impossible to use tilts (strong attacks? I forget the official name; I'm a semi-competitive smasher), wouldn't it?
Tilts? You'll have to forgive me, as I am a newbie for when it comes to the terminology.
Unread 09-21-2014   #126
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Tilts? You'll have to forgive me, as I am a newbie for when it comes to the terminology.
Uh... like, Mario's forward tilt is the one where he swings his leg straight out, his up tilt is where he does the uppercut, and his down tilt is where he does the one-legged sweep.

Unread 09-21-2014   #127
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

So now after trying the demo, I have decided.

No, I'm not getting the handheld version, that slide pad would totally break under the stress. I'll get the console version with a sturdier controller, the Pro controller or the Gamecube controller with the adapter, but not the slide pad or the Wii Pad, neither of those feels safe.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014   #128
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Uh... like, Mario's forward tilt is the one where he swings his leg straight out, his up tilt is where he does the uppercut, and his down tilt is where he does the one-legged sweep.
So, basically when you press the direction and the attack/smash attack buttons simultaneously?
Unread 09-21-2014   #129
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
So, basically when you press the direction and the attack/smash attack buttons simultaneously?
Yeah. The Dpad can't detect pressure besides all or none, so all it could do is Smashes when you do that. You could still tilt, but you'd have to hold it down for a moment before pressing the attack, and that'd be... really inconvenient.

Unread 09-21-2014   #130
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Yeah. The Dpad can't detect pressure besides all or none, so all it could do is Smashes when you do that. You could still tilt, but you'd have to hold it down for a moment before pressing the attack, and that'd be... really inconvenient.
Well, unless I'm remembering it wrong, I recall being able to do those attacks with the D-pad on the Wii with no problems.
Unread 09-21-2014   #131
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Well, unless I'm remembering it wrong, I recall being able to do those attacks with the D-pad on the Wii with no problems.
Oh. I dunno maybe I'm just incompetent then. *shrug*

Unread 09-21-2014   #132
JBird
Casual Artist

Quote:
Oh. I dunno maybe I'm just incompetent then. *shrug*
DON'T SAY THAT!