free hit counters
mind control, bimbo transformation - Page 198 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-08-2014   #2366
palplan
Pirate

Re: mind control, bimbo transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Echo View Post
Really? You had to make it about that, first response?
Y...es?

Samus wasn't picked at random. The bimbofication pics of her are a direct result of the fact that people ain't pleased with how she's been portrayed in recent years.

Other M was a big enough sales embarrassment that Reggie had to acknowledge the problem in interview and say Nintendo was looking into what went wrong. They didn't look very hard, judging from SB4...

Good pic, but of course it's going to make people comment on how unhappy they've been with the direction Nintendo's taking with Metroid.
Unread 07-08-2014   #2367
PyroWildcat
Perverted Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by palplan View Post
Y...es?

Samus wasn't picked at random. The bimbofication pics of her are a direct result of the fact that people ain't pleased with how she's been portrayed in recent years.

Other M was a big enough sales embarrassment that Reggie had to acknowledge the problem in interview and say Nintendo was looking into what went wrong. They didn't look very hard, judging from SB4...

Good pic, but of course it's going to make people comment on how unhappy they've been with the direction Nintendo's taking with Metroid.
I think the issue is that complaining that Other M has gotten so old and overdone that it's just beating the compost heap that used to be a dead horse at this point. Yes, the game existed. Yes, it treated Samus's character poorly. We all get it. You can give it a rest now.
PyroWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014   #2368
Phyrior
Process Fan

Oh, for gods' sake... The -PROBLEM- had more to do with cultural views than anything else. Samus' 'wooden' voice was a fault in the 'translation' from eastern audience to west. in Japan, a seemingly emotionless voice is seen as a sign of power. While, in the West, a voice that carries emotion is seen as strong.

Any more complaints about the power-ups being locked from the get-go are equally asinine, as that was more of the writers trying to give a story reason (one that makes sense, given that in the Metroid verse, Hunters aren't free agents like Boba Fett and are instead government employees subject to oversight). Yes, it sounds stupid, and it is, but by word of law she had to follow those orders.

And, this shall be my final piece on the subject: Samus has always been used 'sexily' since day one. Don't believe me? Best endings+JUSTIN BAILEY say otherwise.

That all said and done, I am looking forward to more of this great stuff. *retreats into the shadows*
Phyrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014   #2369
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude12 View Post
BSB has done a follow up to the original Bimbo Samus commission.
Woah, this is really something. Even better than the tf sequence itself. Now we just need ''Metroid Man'' (Adam in a superhero costume) to come and rescue his damsel in distress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrior View Post
more complaints about the power-ups being locked from the get-go are equally asinine, as that was more of the writers trying to give a story reason (one that makes sense, given that in the Metroid verse, Hunters aren't free agents like Boba Fett and are instead government employees subject to oversight). Yes, it sounds stupid, and it is, but by word of law she had to follow those orders.
I know you don't want to pursue this any longer, but that's far too forgiving of the design team and the game's director. Sure, it was clever idea to lock away her upgrades via orders, but the manner in which it was implemented was clumsy, ham-fisted and gravely ill-considered. Lets not bring up the spectre or Adam allowing Samus to boil to death in her own suit rather than grant permission to activate her suit's (non-weaponised) thermal shield.

The authorisation system was supposed to marry two disparate gameplay and story elements, and failed spectacularly.
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014   #2370
DrMoreau
Process Disciple

Don't remember seeing this posted.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bimbof...Beth-375961325
DrMoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014   #2371
Ichigo3924
The TG COLLECTOR!!

I figured this would be the best place to ask this, but whatever happened to Mr. Grey?

You have quite a mouth on you and hate everyone on your team...those fucktards. Do you always have to be in charge? I mean come on, you're not always right! Oops...sorry, that was pretty mean..I forgot how much that might come to a shock to you. But at least you usually have good plans. Try being a little nicer to people though.
(Full Name: Private Leonard (L.L.) Church.) (Armor Color: Cobalt.)
Ichigo3924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014   #2372
palplan
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrior View Post
The -PROBLEM- had more to do with cultural views than anything else.
I heard people say it was just a cultural gap often enough that a while ago I looked up Japanese reviews. They said basically the same thing American reviews said. Nice graphics, decent gameplay although some people dislike the flipping to and from first person, the decision to cut out the exploration made it feel less "Metroid," the voice acting felt awkward (it was less an issue there, but yes there were complaints), and the story was just plain bad as well as being too long. Fan reviews were harsher in Japan (it's got a D on their equivalent of Metacritic's user-score section), just like in America. People everywhere wondered wtf was up with the Ridley meltdown. I'm sure differences in culture influenced how it was received, but the writing just wasn't well-received anywhere.

Nintendo spliced together the cutscenes and most important dialogue to give us a "theater mode" that proved there's more than two hours of story in the game. Sakamoto had never written more than a few lines in the past. The biggest problem was really simple - a guy with almost no writing experience was writing a two hour long "movie," and he had enough non-writing victories under his belt that nobody was willing to tell him his script was bad. Worse, for some reason he decided to ignore almost everything in the Metroid lore he didn't write himself. So we got a movie where Samus' entire past with the Chozo (invented by Benimaru Itoh) never got touched on, aside from a badly-done reference to how Ridley orphaned her (which confused Japanese fans as much as American ones. The manga detailing how Ridley killed her parents is obscure there too. Not that Sakamoto really did justice to the manga, it's hard to believe that the character portrayed in it would ever have trouble facing Ridley again by the end of the story).

There is no justification for Samus not using non-lethal ordinance like the Varia suit or grapple beam. Adam didn't even tell her not to use those, and the "it could damage the structure" explanation doesn't fly with heat shielding. Furthermore, she disobeyed direct orders in Fusion and in the manga that Fusion, Zero Mission, and Other M referenced, so we know that while she'd follow orders up to a point there's definitely times when she goes "well these orders are bullshit" and disobeys. The "can't use weapons because Orders" justification could have been implemented well. But here it wasn't. And while I'm normally pretty generous with plot holes that justify game mechanics, when the story adds up to over two hours I start getting more critical.

Has Samus always been sexy? Sure. But people have looked at the world record speedplays of the original Metroid games, timed the "alternate endings," and done the math. They made up less than 1% of the game. It was there, it was cool, but it was a very small part of the games. And those scenes were at the very end. There's a big difference between an armored soldier taking off their armor after battle to relax, and someone running around in a latex suit during combat. Don't get me wrong, I love my fanservice, but that doesn't mean it's always appropriate in every single movie/show/game. In Metroid the fanservice was handled well initially, but it's getting more awkward now that everyone who worked on the series but Sakamoto has died or moved on. Luckily he's said he's done with the series, so maybe someone can turn this ship around.
Unread 07-10-2014   #2373
Katt
Guardian of the OverKitty

Location: The worst scumhole in the galaxy, Teddy Bear Junction.

I thought this thread was about bimbos. Not, beating dead horses.
Unread 07-10-2014   #2374
Sutibaru
---

The script for Other M was terrible and may have de-canonized the highly regarded Prime trilogy. You would wear skin-tight clothes under armor that hugs tight to your body, whether if it is an acrobatics leotard or a blue PVC fetish outfit. But to wear just that unless you were planning on putting on the armor doesn't feel dignified. Samus is using a gun in the new Smash Bros but doesn't have a holster or pockets to put it.

Anyhow, here's a picture I stumbled upon. This is a subject that I could rant on all day as well, but it's clearly making this thread sidetracked.
Attached Images
File Type: png 847798718.png (123.4 KB, 515 views)
Unread 07-10-2014   #2375
BoutiqueTiffy
Bimbo / Writer for Hire

Gonna hide from all the Samus talk and post a little teaser of something that I'll be working on quite soon. I've got a taster image and I decided to convert it into a little .gif animation.

I know it's kinda small, but once everything gets started, there will actually be full sized images. Promise!
Attached Images
File Type: gif eyefade.gif (67.9 KB, 223 views)
Unread 07-10-2014   #2376
Esquire
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by palplan View Post
...Other M was a big enough sales embarrassment that Reggie had to acknowledge the problem in interview and say Nintendo was looking into what went wrong. They didn't look very hard, judging from SB4...
Oh no, they gave her heels.

...Specifically so she could stick her boots up everyone else's rear even better. Nintendo literally said so. They also make her more visually distinct from Mega Man.

The bimbo pics from BSB are a response to the controversy over those same heels and the complaints about how they were sexualizing her. If anything, this is satirizing that controversy, by taking the complaints to a ridiculous extreme. Personally, I don't see how they're significantly sexier than the regular Zero Suit. She's certainly not any less capable in them. In fact, quite the opposite.

I also think that implying that a sexy female character is defined only by being sexy, even when she's quite capable as well, is kinda sexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibaru View Post
The script for Other M was terrible and may have de-canonized the highly regarded Prime trilogy. You would wear skin-tight clothes under armor that hugs tight to your body, whether if it is an acrobatics leotard or a blue PVC fetish outfit. But to wear just that unless you were planning on putting on the armor doesn't feel dignified. Samus is using a gun in the new Smash Bros but doesn't have a holster or pockets to put it.

Anyhow, here's a picture I stumbled upon. This is a subject that I could rant on all day as well, but it's clearly making this thread sidetracked.
There's a term called "headcanon" for conflicts like this. I am just going to ignore Other M.

Also, remember, Smash Bros isn't canon anyway. It's implied that it's just someone playing with action figures.

Also also, in the "THIS IS PAAAATHOS!" flashback where Adam's brother dies, I'm pretty sure Samus is wearing a standard uniform.

*checks*

Nope, she's wearing the jumpsuit, with tac webbing.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the fact that the best use the Federation could apparently find for their walking Chozo WMD in those flashbacks was "space cop". And, y'know, how abut showing us more about what happened when the 5-0 realized that Adam had pissed her off and they were about to use a valuable asset? Show her conflict about the matter. Heck, maybe even have her arguing with Anthony over it afterward. Don't just show us the kid dying, then have her tell us how affected she was by it.

It seems like Sakamoto didn't know the difference between melodrama and flat deadpan. The man says he actually cried at some points.

/rant

Not sure if this has been posted.

http://blackshirtboy.deviantart.com/...down-351797431

Last edited by Esquire; 07-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote