free hit counters
Welcome to Tapper's (TG/RC) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-09-2017   #1
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Welcome to Tapper's (TG/RC)

I was asked another commission by Tyremanguy on DeviantArt, but this time, he wanted to turn a down-on-the-luck bartender into a Hooters-esque woman. Two things he was specific about: he wanted the guy to not realize he was changing (thus 'reality change') and he wanted me to show the butt expansion from the side (which I am not that good at).

I just hope the scans came out right...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170807_0001_NEWedited.jpg (196.2 KB, 633 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170809_0001_NEW.jpg (181.1 KB, 549 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170809_0002_NEW.jpg (146.5 KB, 523 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170809_0003_NEW.jpg (184.3 KB, 473 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170809_0004_NEW.jpg (189.3 KB, 465 views)

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

Last edited by wandering_spirit; 08-09-2017 at 06:10 PM.
wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2017   #2
Xodiac
Process Fan

Re: Welcome to Tapper's (TG/RC)

First, the good: There's some decent-to-good art here, and I like the story being told.

Now the bad: Your scanner isn't very good. Or possibly you just need to make your lines darker on the paper. There are a lot of dropped pixels, making it look very sketchy. Worse, it makes the speech bubbles very hard to read. It doesn't help that much of the comic is in cursive, so we not only have to deceipher your handwriting, we only have about 2/3 of your handwriting to deceipher. I suspect the reason you've received no comments 3 days after you posted this is because it's just so hard to read.

The good thing is that these problems are easy to fix. Make your lines darker so the scanner picks them up better, and/or get a new scanner. And write your text in regular, non-cursive lettering.
Xodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2017   #3
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodiac View Post
First, the good: There's some decent-to-good art here, and I like the story being told.

Now the bad: Your scanner isn't very good. Or possibly you just need to make your lines darker on the paper. There are a lot of dropped pixels, making it look very sketchy. Worse, it makes the speech bubbles very hard to read. It doesn't help that much of the comic is in cursive, so we not only have to deceipher your handwriting, we only have about 2/3 of your handwriting to deceipher. I suspect the reason you've received no comments 3 days after you posted this is because it's just so hard to read.

The good thing is that these problems are easy to fix. Make your lines darker so the scanner picks them up better, and/or get a new scanner. And write your text in regular, non-cursive lettering.
I usually end up using 2H pencil in case I mess up while drawing, but I get your point. I should probably go over the lines with a 2B or something.

I also thought of using cursive was a good way to show the character's voice change, but I might need to change that.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I rarely get those, so I never know if what I do needs to be better.

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

Unread 08-13-2017   #4
Xodiac
Process Fan

I have seen it done before, for exactly that reason. It can work, but you have to make absolutely sure it's legible, raher than your usual cursive handwriting that you use to sign documents and write your notes to yourself with. Otherwise the reader is going to have a hard time figuring out what they say, which isn't exactly going to endear the comic to them. Readers shouldn't need to concentrate to understand any part of your comic.

In short: cursive to show the voice change can work, but be very careful with it.
Xodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2017   #5
Teerack
Lurker

is there a version with legible text?
Teerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2017   #6
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
is there a version with legible text?
Tyremanguy is working on it. I'll ask him how it's coming along.

Tags
gender bender, reality change, sequence, transgender