free hit counters
Favorite POV - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

View Poll Results: Favorite POV
1st Person Fixed (1 person always, ever, limited to their view) 31 43.06%
1st Person Multiple (Changes every chapter or so) 12 16.67%
3rd Person Limited (Overhead, but limited to immediate scene) 27 37.50%
3rd Person Omniscient (Overhead and all-knowing) 14 19.44%
2nd Person (YOU did this and she did this to YOU) 6 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-05-2019   #1
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Favorite POV

In a process story, how do you like the narrative to be told? What provides the best flow or the best overall experience for you?

Multiple choice and anonymous.

Last edited by JJStrebas; 11-05-2019 at 10:49 AM.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2019   #2
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Favorite POV

Thanks for the responses. This reinforces my tendency to choose 3rd person limited as my go to POV. IMO it offers the flexibility needed to explore a variety of scenes especially if you have more than a few characters. I am not too keen on deity level overview because I think some authors use it to narrate something that should be "shown" and not "told."

1st person can be a lot of fun, but there tends to be a lot of exposition from the MC which can be tricky, clever or drags if not done right. I really liked doing it for Bosom Destiny and About Marlin. Gaia Ambition started out that way but I figured it would be better told from dual POVs because of the number of characters and the unique and almost opposite POVs the two MCs have.

I have never seriously considered trying to do 2nd person. The idea seems awkward and totally alien to me. I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up and an erotic version of that would be awesome, but you can't do that with Amazon. I would have to just make all the choices for the reader... I don't know, I'll keep mulling it over.

A new "spinoff" series is next using 3rd person limited.

Last edited by JJStrebas; 11-07-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 11-07-2019   #3
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster

Ah goodness, I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Third person is the most common utilized POV in fiction. Yet, you can dial up the intimacy to 11 utilizing First person.

One of my favorite books ,Stephen King's: Christine, was written in first person (even though the internet states it was written in both First and Third, but I don't see that)

If you have a bunch of main characters I think Third person Limited is the best, but it all depends on the type of story you are trying write. In the past I've scrapped POVs mid way through the second draft just because 'something felt off'.

Also in limited third person you can break up your dialog with descriptive mannerisms like hair twirling, or fidgeting, or even messing with some control panel on the plot device.

I hope you lean towards the third person, mostly because those can be quick stories.

Best of luck with your fiction,

Blake

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2019   #4
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
Ah goodness, I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Third person is the most common utilized POV in fiction. Yet, you can dial up the intimacy to 11 utilizing First person.

One of my favorite books ,Stephen King's: Christine, was written in first person (even though the internet states it was written in both First and Third, but I don't see that)

If you have a bunch of main characters I think Third person Limited is the best, but it all depends on the type of story you are trying write. In the past I've scrapped POVs mid way through the second draft just because 'something felt off'.

Also in limited third person you can break up your dialog with descriptive mannerisms like hair twirling, or fidgeting, or even messing with some control panel on the plot device.

I hope you lean towards the third person, mostly because those can be quick stories.

Best of luck with your fiction,

Blake
Yeah, I feel the same way. I was trying to figure out how to do this next story and I had automatically decided I was going to do it the same way as the one that inspired it. But then I thought that wouldn't set it apart enough from the first, even if I chose to focus on a different MC. It's funny how you (in general) would have to scrap whole scenes and can't explore certain ideas because of POV choice, but that's the way it is.

3rd limited it is, thanks.
Unread 11-10-2019   #5
BillPratt
789th level Draco-Ninja

Do writers from Galifrey use fifth person?
BillPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2019   #6
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPratt View Post
Do writers from Galifrey use fifth person?
I assume Gallifreyan "writing" consists of finding a timeline in which the exact thing you were going to write has already been written, and checking it out of the library.*

*Only do this if your T.A.R.D.I.S. is working properly, lest your library late fines reach a total higher than the amount of money in the entire universe.
Unread 11-12-2019   #7
OhZone
OhYeah!

I think whatever makes sense for the story, although I enjoy it best when I get changed!

Ha

We need more POV BE! Oh Yeah.
Unread 11-12-2019   #8
SuperSecretUserName
Frequent Poster

You know, I saw this thread as I've lurked on by a few times, and it got me thinking. I think this actually is a pretty good poll indicating the POV not just necessarily of what someone's into or is looking at, but also where they kind of see themselves in the mix of it. Are they on the outside, doing the actions that's going on? Passive observer? Fly on the proverbial wall, or would they rather the things be done TO them? Interesting stuff. Not just a "What they get off to" poll but rather a lowkey "where do you see yourself." pretty shway.
SuperSecretUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2019   #9
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSecretUserName View Post
You know, I saw this thread as I've lurked on by a few times, and it got me thinking. I think this actually is a pretty good poll indicating the POV not just necessarily of what someone's into or is looking at, but also where they kind of see themselves in the mix of it. Are they on the outside, doing the actions that's going on? Passive observer? Fly on the proverbial wall, or would they rather the things be done TO them? Interesting stuff. Not just a "What they get off to" poll but rather a lowkey "where do you see yourself." pretty shway.
I agree, it does or could make the story that much more engaging for some people who may prefer to experience the story from multiple viewpoints or a different POV might be more engaging to those that like to watch things unfold from a tight perspective. I just hope to provide an engaging experience for as many people as possible. Thank you for your input.