free hit counters
Girl falls apart in ASSEMBLY REQUIRED short film - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-15-2019   #1
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Girl falls apart in ASSEMBLY REQUIRED short film

I wasn't sure which category to put this in, but it seemed like it had to be of interest to some folks here. The short film Assembly Required is about a cute, neurotic young brunette who begins mysteriously, literally falling apart bit by bit, losing her arms and legs and finally ending up as a helpless pile of loose parts in a box before she gets herself back together. It's dark but also quirky and cute, not gory or even particularly horrific. She comes apart like a doll with no blood or anything, and in some scenes you can even faintly see the seams of the molding on her rubbery fake limbs. But the process is slow, taking time for the loss of each part to sink in, and I bet some of you will enjoy her increasingly desperate insistence that nothing is wrong and she's FINE. This isn't really my thing but it seemed like there had to be at least a few folks on the forum who've been waiting for something like this forever!

https://www.pbs.org/video/assembly-required/

https://vimeo.com/336478825
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2019   #2
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

Re: Girl falls apart in ASSEMBLY REQUIRED short film

The part of this that really infuriated me was that when she loses her Left arm, the prop they use is a Right arm. It is so obvious, I can only wonder how nobody noticed this during production.
generallyawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2019   #3
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Re: Girl falls apart in ASSEMBLY REQUIRED short film

It wouldn't surprise me if they noticed and just thought it was funny. It's supposed to be comedic and realism clearly wasn't a big priority. As I said, you can see a molding seam on at least one of the limbs! Or, maybe they could only afford one arm prop (it's a student film, although it looks pretty professional) and they hoped nobody would notice.
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falling apart, parts