free hit counters
The Collective (Incomplete) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-28-2009   #1
Hugo Prosperio
Mansion Moderator

The Collective (Incomplete)

I've been working on this for a few months, posting it here and there, but now that it's started to get to the process-y stuff, I figured I'd let you guys see it too. Enjoy.

Note: I should warn you, that there are men who have been shrunk in this story. Note that any male you come across was previously shrunk, and the only actual process in the story is female.

----
The Collective

Mary Sinclair walked into her apartment after getting her mail on a rainy Tuesday afternoon. Nothing was particularly interesting about this Tuesday afternoon, nor was there anything out of the ordinary about Mary?at least not yet?but when she retrieved her mail on this rainy Tuesday, she unknowingly entered a great adventure, one that would turn her life upside down.

Flipping through the pile of mail, she filtered out the bills to be paid and the credit card offers she could throw away?but then she saw something?an envelope addressed to her from her boyfriend?her boyfriend who had gone missing six months ago. Anxiety filled her as she looked at the plain white envelope, and the unmistakable handwriting scrawled on the front of it.

?It can?t be?? she said to herself, softly. She quickly tore the envelope open and pulled out the piece of paper inside. Unfolding it, she saw more of his handwriting, and was almost driven to tears. Was someone playing a cruel joke, or was this really real.

The letter read as follows:

Dear Mary,
I know you think I?ve been missing, and in a way that?s true. I have been missing for a very long time?but I found myself. I truly did?It took me ages to build up the courage to write to you, but I want you to know I am safe. I joined a new society called The Collective, and we are thriving. We make our own rules here, and the world outside can?t tell us what to do?who to be?

Oh, how I wish you could see it, Mary?so much so, that I have asked for permission to invite you into the Collective. I have received the okay?so with this letter I send the key to the Collective. Go to the address listed at the bottom of this letter, and present the key to a Mr. Wesson. He?ll know what to do.

If you want to fly away from all the drudgery of the world, please Mary, consider joining me?you won?t regret it.

- Alex

Mary simply stared in awe at the letter. At the bottom of the evelope was a small metallic object, apparently the key.

What was going on, she thought to herself. ?What in the hell is going on??

---

She put the letter on the table and sat down and just stared at the wall. She jumped when the door opened. She looked over to see her roommate Sarah Sutton walk in.

?You look jumpy? Sarah said as she put her bag down. ?What?s up??

?It?s nothing. Just a little distracted is all? Mary said as she took the letter and key and put them in her room.

?How was work?? she asked as she returned to the living room to see Sarah sitting, having pulled out her laptop.

?The Usual. Boring, Monotonous?but whatever, it pays well, so I don?t complain.? Sarah said, typing away at her computer. ?And you??

?Oh, I had today off..? Mary said as she looked to her room. ?I?ll be in my room if you need anything.? she added

??Kay? Sarah quipped, too busy with whatever she was doing to really notice that Mary was severely distracted.

She closed the door, and quickly moved to her desk, picking up the letter and key. She opend the letter and sat down at her computer and opened an internet browser.

Clicking about until she got to a search site, she quickly entered ?The Collective? and then the address give on the letter ?1428 Elm?

The search yielded only one website. She clicked on the link and frowned as the site took it?s time loading.

?There has to be an explination. This has to be?a joke or?something? She said to herself as she watched the black page load with a simple white logo

?The Collective? it read. And underneath a little pop up appeared

?Due to a recent discovery in technology, we have been able to perfect a microcosm society, a world free of the rules and regulations that bog us down. New society members are let in by invitation only. ?

?This is too weird?? Mary said to herself as she clicked around the page to see if anything was hidden?alas there was nothing. Just the Logo, the block of text, and the reflection of her face in the monitor.

---

After a restless night with very little sleep, Mary stood in the shower, the water flowing over her naked form. She couldn?t shake any of what had happened the day before, and she couldn?t help but feel something wasn?t being told to her?but today she would find out. She had the day off from work, so she decided to investigate, and head on down to 1428 Elm, and see what this was all about.

She quickly got dressed, and poured herself some of the coffee Sarah had made before she ventured out to work. She sipped slowly as she pondered what the day might hold. Might she see her long lost boyfriend...Might she get to hold him in her arms once more?or could this be more sinister? She wasn?t afraid, but she knew that this could be a big joke, but who would go to such troubles. Once she was finished, she put her cup on the counter, grabbed her purse and jacket, and left?putting one foot in front of the other?leading to an adventure she couldn?t fathom?

The city streets were packed with people on this blustery Wednesday, and Mary struggled her way through the masses to head to her destination. She patted her pocket, making sure she still had the metal key she was given in the letter.

The building stood there, large as life, when she arrived. There on the side, by the door was a decorative name plate which read ?The Collective? with a notice to ring the buzzer for assistance.

She pushed her finger to the buzzer and heard a noise go off in the building. A few moments later an older man, perhaps in his 50?s, opened the door.

?Do you have a key?? the man said as he starred at her.

?Uh?Yes?My Boyfriend had it sent to me?I think.? She said quickly as she pulled the key out of her pocket.

Upon seeing the key, the man?s face brightened immensely. ?Come on in!? he said waving his hands around excitedly.

The lobby of the building was empty besides a desk for a receptionist, who?wasn?t there. The pristine white walls of the place made her feel like she was in a hospital or something.

?Come, Come?? the man said ?Here to join the Collective, I presume.?

?Well, to learn more about it?? Mary said.

?Of course. My name is Professor Strickland. We are glad to have you onboard?? he paused, indicating the desire to learn her name.

?Mary?Mary Sinclair.? She said firmly as she looked towards the door from which the Professor was signaling her to follow.

?We have such things to show you, my dear!?

My Gumroad
My Patreon

Featuring stories of Bodily Transformation and Wonder

Last edited by Hugo Prosperio; 08-28-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Hugo Prosperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009   #2
Hugo Prosperio
Mansion Moderator

Re: The Collective -a SW Serial Novella

Through the door was a long white hallway, which seemed very…strange. There were no sounds, no people walking up and down the hall…just the two of them, Mary and Strickland.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“To the main room. It’s just up ahead. When we are there, I’ll have Alex explain everything to you himself.

“He’s here?” Mary gasped.

“Of course he is, my dear. He’s missed you ever so much, and when he told me about you, I knew you would be perfect for our little community” he said followed by a twitter of a laugh that suggested an inside joke that Mary was unaware of.

They then reached a door which looked straight out of a science fiction movie. Huge steel doors that locked together with giant teeth. Beside it was a glowing green pad, which the Professor then placed his thumb up against, causing a loud noise to fill the room, then a sudden stop.

“Strickland, Ronald…and Guest. Cleared for Entrance” rang a computerized female voice. The doors separated with a hiss, and steam or fog or some sort of…something, as Mary perceived it, began to shoot out of little exhaust ports in the door frame.

“To sterilize you.” Strickland said with a smirk. “Now proceed”

She did as she was told and walked forward into the mist, a cooling sensation began to cover her exposed skin. When she stepped out of the mist, she saw something that astounded her. She was standing on a balcony, which had some machinery on it, but below was a glass-covered replica of the city, or so it seemed. A perfect model. The light in the room was very bright, causing it to look like the city was in the middle of its day.

“This is wonderful! Did you make this?”

“Yes, with the help of The Collective.” He said with a grin. “Now then…” he added as he went over to a computer console. He typed in several codes, and suddenly Mary saw something that brought tears to her eyes. It was Alex, her boyfriend…smiling back at her.

“Hello Mary. It’s good to see you again…”

---

“Now, Alex, I’d like for you to explain what she will go through if she decides to join The Collective” Strickland said to the monitor that projected Alex’s face.

“Of course. Mary come closer, would you?” Alex said. She walked to the monitor.

“Can’t I speak to him in person…” said Mary, her heart longing to hold him close once more.

“Soon enough, love” Alex said. “Now you have to understand that once you join the Collective, there is no going back…not that anyone would want to. Once part of the Collective, you will be given a job and a place to stay…I have requested that you start off with me and Professor Strickland agreed to this, so you, if you decide to enter this Collective, you have a smooth transition.”

“Where are you…where is this collective? Elsewhere in the building?” Mary asked looking to Strickland then back to her boyfriend on the monitor.

“You’ll see soon enough...” Strickland said. Soon Enough. There was that term again. She had heard it a few times since entering the building and it wasn’t making things any easier.

“What do I need to do to join?” she asked.

“Well first you need to sign the waver agreeing to be my test subject…then we…” he started but was interrupted by Mary

“Just give me the damn thing, and tell me where to sign.”

“As you wish. I would recommend taking a moment or two to read it. It is quite the binding document and I wouldn’t want you to get locked into something you…”

“I’m a big girl…I know what I am doing…” she said, cutting him off again, and she hastily scribbled her signature on the bottom of the paper. She handed it back to him. Strickland smiled and placed the paper on his desk.

“Looks like she’ll be joining you after all…” said Strickland to the face on the monitor, who merely smiled at his girlfriend. “I’ll see you soon, honey.”

“Now then,” said Strickland “Follow me, and we’ll get you ready for the ride of your life.”

He typed a few codes into his computer and in the middle of the floor a circular door opened, and a glass chamber arose.

“Every journey starts with a doorway, Mrs. Sinclair. This one is yours.” He said with a grin. “Now this will sound odd, but I’ll need to remove your clothing.”

She stared at him for a second before uttering “Why?”

“We need to do a physical to make sure the journey into the Collective won’t be too stressful for your body. It won’t take but a moment, I promise. I’ll even look away if it bothers you that much.” He stated

“It…it doesn’t…I just wanted to make sure it was for a reason…that this wasn’t some elaborate plan to get me out of my clothes by a crazy person…” she sighed

“If there is one thing I am not, my lady, it’s crazy…” Strickland said with a smile that calmed Mary.

She quickly removed her clothing, feeling the cool air conditioning of the room blowing softly on her smooth skin. At last she let her panties drop to the floor, leaving her totally nude.

“Alright, my dear. Please step into the chamber for final preparations.” He instructed. She did as told, and stepped in, and behind her the glass door closed.

“Engaging Scan now,” said the female computer voice. A green light started tracing every inch of her body.

“Scan Complete. Subject Compatible. Miniaturization to commence in.5…”

“Miniaturization?” Mary asked

“...4”

“Just technical jargon, my dear” Strickland stated

“…3”

“What’s going on…I don’t want to do this anymore!” she said slapping the glass.

“…2”

“You signed the contract, my dear…I told you not to rush”

“…1”

“I…Uh…” she had indeed signed the contract. “What have I gotten myself into?!”

“Engage”

The chamber filled with bright light, and Mary felt tingles running up and down her skin. Then, she felt her body shifting, and a look out of the glass proved her worst fears…she was getting smaller! She quickly panicked and started running about in the chamber trying to get out, but the door was secured, and now she was less than half of her original height, the tingles continually bringing her closer to the floor. She was speechless as the world changed, and the chamber grew larger and larger. Soon, when she considered herself around…Barbie height, she suddenly felt the floor shift. Before she could do anything, a hole in the ground opened below her, and sucked her down. All she could do was scream.

Outside the chamber, Strickland merely looked on with a bemused smile.

“Hook, Line, Sinker” he said with a slight cough.

---

Mary flew down a long tunnel of sorts, like a giant version of those PlayPlace slides at a McDonald’s. As she went, she still tingled from the chamber, and all she could do was scream. She wanted to hurl obscenities, but she couldn’t really control what came out at the speed she was going.

She mentally kicked herself for falling for whatever trap the professor had set for her, and now here she was, shrunken, and sliding down a tube to God knows where…it was infuriating, and yet she only had herself to blame, she thought.

Blasts of air started shooting into the tunnel to slow her descent, and soon she landed in another chamber. The glass doors of this new chamber hissed open and a friendly face greeted her.

The face belonged to a woman, not much older than Mary herself. The woman had her long brown hair tied in a bun, and wore something similar to a toga, with a fancy belt around her waist.

“Welcome, Mary Sinclair! We’ve been expecting you.” She said smiling. “I am Tracy Arnold, I work for Professor Strickland, Please step over here” she said, guiding the speechless Mary to a spot marked on the floor. She quickly stepped away from Mary as several jets of water burst open and poured onto her head. Mary gasped and sputtered as the cold water covered her naked form. She shivered as the water stopped and the girl brought over a towel.

“Just to clean any grit from the old world off” she smiled. “Now let’s get you measured” she said as she grabbed Mary’s arm. She brought her over to a place on the wall were different heights were marked, like a parent might have for a child. Mary stood there as directed and the woman smiled.

“Six Inches, Exactly. The Professor is getting pretty good at that. When he first started, he wasn’t perfect at getting the right size.” She said motioning to herself.

“I myself am five inches tall. Not that I mind, but it’s nice to know he’s getting better. Well, now then. Someone is waiting for you” she said as another door hissed open. Mary slowly walked through, still quiet. There stood Alex, wearing a white toga like outfit as well.

“Mary!” he said running over, and hugging her. A young man behind a desk reached below and grabbed a toga for Mary and handed it to Alex.

“Here, put this on” he said before gushing. “Oh it’s so good to see you again. When I first joined, I thought I’d never get to…well…here you are” he said with a grin. She finished putting on the white robe and then turned to Alex and slapped him across the face.

“Why didn’t you warn me?! Tell me that a mad-man was going to make me knee high to a Barbie doll!” she shouted.

“Dear, Professor Strickland and I agreed that telling you would mean you wouldn’t have done it.” He said.

“So you were selfish.” She added with a raised eyebrow

“Yes. I apologize for not telling you, but I so wanted to hug you again, and let me tell you life here is the best. No worries, everything is provided for us, and…it’s peaceful. Do you like your robes?”

She didn’t like how he was trying to change the subject, but she looked it over. “It’s fine enough, I guess. Didn’t know “Logan’s Run” was the In look.”

“Mandated. The Professor thinks we shouldn’t have different fashions. Inspires less jealousy.” He stated.

“Peachy. Now…what do you do here?” she said glumly.

“Well, we each have a job that we do, to help out around the community. You’ll work with me until you get settled, and then you can find your own job, if you like.” He said.

“And where will we be working.”

“Oh, that’s the best part. Follow me” he said as he walked out the sliding door into the open streets.

When she hit the streets, she felt the strangest thing. A breeze. As if she were standing in a real city, and the buildings around her looked entirely real. She couldn’t believe it. She knew she was indoors, yet it felt entirely real.”

“Simulated Climate!” Alex said over the hum of the city. “Strickland is a genius”

“You can say that again” Mary said to herself as she looked around. It was awe inspiring, and she almost forgot she was six inches tall. Almost.

---

To Be Continued...

My Gumroad
My Patreon

Featuring stories of Bodily Transformation and Wonder
Hugo Prosperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009   #3
LOD
Tieing a Knot Or two

Re: The Collective -a SW Serial Novella

I'm glad to see that you've started posting this on the process!!

You know what I probably should get around to backing up Claire's project and maybe Posting earlier chapters in other places.

Claire's Project
LOD is offline   Reply With Quote