free hit counters
Female Werewolf needles in a haystack - Page 24 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-20-2015   #277
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowes96 View Post
I didn't see this posted before, it's not a full transformation but we do see her in pain and lots of bones cracking and sound effects enjoy

http://youtu.be/sV_9USiG2O4
Thanks for the link buddy... but well, this is a typical example of a show with werewolves without werewolves xD. Or in other words, "I am too lazy to dedicate a few bucks to do something remotely decent regarding FX" .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2015   #278
irishshane
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Thanks for the link buddy... but well, this is a typical example of a show with werewolves without werewolves xD. Or in other words, "I am too lazy to dedicate a few bucks to do something remotely decent regarding FX" .
This ^
irishshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2015   #279
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

As I have reasonable expectations for video content, I enjoyed that just fine. Thanks for sharing.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2015   #280
elrey
Frequent Poster

so there are not transformations in that show?
Unread 11-21-2015   #281
make_her_grow
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey View Post
so there are not transformations in that show?
It's the CW. They've always been "light" on full Tf's. Supernatural is notorious for the partial stuff...All you ever get on that show is teeth and claws.

Originals is made by the same network, so it makes sense they get the same budget parameters.

Besides, you didn't REALLY expect a full fledged female TF on a pg rated, TV show, did you?
make_her_grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2015   #282
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_her_grow View Post
It's the CW. They've always been "light" on full Tf's. Supernatural is notorious for the partial stuff...All you ever get on that show is teeth and claws.

Originals is made by the same network, so it makes sense they get the same budget parameters.

Besides, you didn't REALLY expect a full fledged female TF on a pg rated, TV show, did you?
Ah, but we always keep a little ray of hope besides the awful lot of unsatisfying TFs. In my case, I even haven't given up on Bitten, knowing that they don't spend much on FX and Ms Vandervoort is a notorious nudity-dodger.
Unread 11-21-2015   #283
mb78
Process Fan

While I don't watch those shows, I remember when her character was introduced back on Vampire Diaries. It is one of the greatest disappointments ever in this department that this actress, who is gorgeous, has played a werewolf for something like 2.5 seasons, and the above is the best (only?) transformation scene. At least Bitten coughed up 1 very good scene and a couple decent ones before giving up.
mb78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2015   #284
Chef123
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_her_grow View Post

Well, with some effort they could at least show a nice TF without nudity.
Chef123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2015   #285
dude233
Leecher

never got why female werewolf transformations are hardly full
dude233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2015   #286
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude233 View Post
never got why female werewolf transformations are hardly full
Tons of reasons, that could include (sometimes at the same time):

-Sexist prejudices towards werewolves (all werewolves are males, they reproduce by gay-esque biting).
-Lack of budget (ooh, I can make a vampire or a werewolf with exactly the same costume... a pair of lame fangs).
-I will sell my stuff to a country with assholes as censors (well, no problem if I have to give up my creativity.. or sell my soul, why not).
-Werewolves could be fetish stuff (and she-hulk too... and your grandma knitting a scarf, to the case).
-I will never be Rick Baker (and you will never be someone, with that attitude).
-The TF is not an important issue on werewolves (yeah, that hair maybe helps you to enhance your hipster look actually... the TF IS the werewolf most important feature).

And some others... I got bored, and I'm a bit lazy right not :P.
Unread 11-22-2015   #287
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

I feel its two different movie pitches running into each other:

#1 is that there is not a profitable werewolf fan community as far as movies are concerned. There is a profitable monster fan community. These people will go to a movie to see monsters. Maybe fantastic monsters, maybe human monsters (slasher movie villains). With this in mind, if you're making a werewolf movie its going to need to be a monster movie.

#2 is that attractive people sell movies, and there are more attractive female actor hopefuls in hollywood than there are attractive women who can act. Think about how many movies you've seen that have an attractive woman in them who does nothing but look attractive. That's not by chance. She got paid. She signed a contract to look pretty on camera.

If she ends up turning into a monster then you're losing one of your selling points. Either she goes full monster and you lose your character who exists purely to be attractive, or she doesn't and you never get a monster.

An alternate possibility is that if you're going to invest the script space for this potential character to go through a monstrous transformation then they have to be a significant character, and you're going to run into pushback somewhere along the production chain from a guy who you need money from who is going to tell you that audiences respond better to a male character in that role.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2015   #288
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Ah, but we always keep a little ray of hope besides the awful lot of unsatisfying TFs. In my case, I even haven't given up on Bitten, knowing that they don't spend much on FX and Ms Vandervoort is a notorious nudity-dodger.
The show is financed by Space in Canada, it's hardly the actress dodging nudity -- it is the network avoiding nudity on public television for a show based on a YA novel series.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote