free hit counters
The Giant Garden Of Oz - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-08-2013   #1
caccoloso89
"growth in manga" fan

The Giant Garden Of Oz

Not sure if it has been posted a long time ago... But today i found on web this book, a spin-off of The Wizard of Oz, written and illustrated by Eric Shanower. In this novel, a witch creates a growth potin than enlarges vegetables in the garden. "Dorothy falls prey to giantism herself and endures a subterranean ordeal before she, the Wizard, and Princess Ozma resolve the problem", as wiki reports.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giant_Garden_of_Oz
The most interesting thing is that wiki also says: "Shanower's The Giant Garden of Oz is (both literally and figuratively) a gritty ordeal, with abundant dirt, hunger, thirst, tears, bleeding, and suffering. His image of a filthy, naked, gigantic Dorothy Gale is certainly one of the most striking extremes in the literature of Oz."
We can read a very brief extract of the book here:
http://books.google.it/books?hl=it&i...#search_anchor
Hope for illustrations of the growth sequence too.
caccoloso89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013   #2
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Lightbulb Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

Caccoloso89,

Not a bad find, not bad at all. Hopeful at least, because after I found the English version of the same page (below) I searched the word "tight" and came up with the following text: "...shoes and socks off and rest her cramped feet. Dorothy wondered why her shoes felt so tight. Her feet didn't look swollen. She ate an apple and some bread. ...". After all, it is described in a summary of the book about Dorothy being "naked, gigantic". That does seem to suggest some growth process, as well as something more. Though I wouldn't count on illustrations as detailed as the likes of what has been brought to light on this forum. One can dream. B-)

http://books.google.com/books?id=jnAZ0PdjXAEC&q=tight

p.S. I have a penchant of searching growth stories for the word "tight", in case you didn't notice.

**Update**
After searching for more excerpts of the story, while on Amazon.com I found in one of the comments the following text, "...although some readers might be disturbed at the idea of Dorothy dressing herself in bed sheets after she grows out of her clothes." Not that any of us would find such a thing disturbing, of course. Lol

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 01-08-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013   #3
vid
Frequent Poster

Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

And she starts taking control:

http://books.google.it/books?hl=it&i...#search_anchor

"Aunt Em and Uncle Henry protested, but Dorothy was firm. 'I'm a lot bigger than you,' she said with a smile, 'so you better do as I say.'"
vid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013   #4
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Cool Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

While I was googling for tidbits of this book I happened across a couple websites where it was up for sale. You'll be aghast at the price range: $4 to $225! Maybe the person offering it at the higher price knows people like us are sorely in the market for detailed growth process stuff? Fate will determine that. B-)

Unread 01-09-2013   #5
caccoloso89
"growth in manga" fan

Shanower is an illustrator, first of all. In fact, in Google Books, we can read "With over 50 black-and-white illustrations". Sadly, on Google Images there's only a paint of the cow -.-
Unread 01-09-2013   #6
Robopengy
Happy owl

I know it probably doesn't happen in this book, but now that I think about it a straight up detailed growth sequence where Dorothy tears out of her clothes would be preeettty dang hot.
Robopengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013   #7
caccoloso89
"growth in manga" fan

A review from amazon: "Shanower's illustrations are amazing, although some readers might be disturbed at the idea of Dorothy dressing herself in bed sheets after she grows out of her clothes. Sadly, his writing is a bit more mundane. It's a great idea that introduces some fun new characters, but stylistically the writing is weak. Just the same, it's fun seeing our old friends from Oz in a new adventure. "
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Giant-Garde...124046-7186748
Unread 01-12-2013   #8
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Talking Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopengy View Post
I know it probably doesn't happen in this book, but now that I think about it a straight up detailed growth sequence where Dorothy tears out of her clothes would be preeettty dang hot.
I'll drink to that. Here, here! Yo ho ho, and a growing woman with rum! Arrgghh.

Unread 01-20-2013   #9
Wussy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 110
"That's different," said Old Magda. "All they're doing is following their instincts. They want food. The bigger they get the more food they need, and since I'm the only one who knows how to make the potion, they need me."
"They drink the potion?"
"No!" said Old Magda with a cackle. "You are the only one foolish enough to do that."
"What do you mean?" said Dorothy. Old Magda simply laughed her creaky laugh.
Dorothy remembered the tingling feeling of the water in the pool. How much had she drunk? A lot. She'd even soaked in it. Her stomach growled. The sleeves of her shirt suddenly seemed tighter around her arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 129
A huge shape a hundred feet high loomed above him. Earth and rocks cascaded from it. Its head whipped back and forth. Dirt sprayed in every direction, stinging the Wizard's skin. Rivers of dirt ran frim tangled hair. Huge fingers clawed dirt from a huge face. Load chokes sent vibrations through the ground. The Wizard scrambled to his feet and backed away. The towering figure coughed and spat out wet globs of earth that stuck to the ground, forming craters.
"Ohhh..." it said, rubbing showers of dirt from its face.
The Wizard and Toto craned their necks upward, ready to run again.
"Dorothy?" shouted the Wizard.
The figure looked around, huge eyes blinking in the dirt-caked face.
"Dorothy!" shouted the Wizard again. Toto barked.
The figure seemed to hear, and looked down at them. "Oh, no," she said. "I-I grew."
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." -- The Doctor
Wussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013   #10
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Cool Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wussy View Post
Heyyy Wussy, glad to see you around. B-) How did you manage to copy so much of the text in-preview? I couldn't get past page 112, and what I read was very limited. The last sentence of the second excerpt, from page 110, oooohhh so tantalizing. No wonder why I have a habit of searching for the word "tight" when reading such stories.

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 01-20-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Oops
Unread 01-21-2013   #11
Wussy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfsbayne View Post
Heyyy Wussy, glad to see you around. B-) How did you manage to copy so much of the text in-preview? I couldn't get past page 112, and what I read was very limited. The last sentence of the second excerpt, from page 110, oooohhh so tantalizing. No wonder why I have a habit of searching for the word "tight" when reading such stories.
$4 from Amazon for a used copy, and I was $4 curious.

If you want to order it, keep in mind that it's a children's story. It's not going to go into the detail or directions that you'd like it to. It's illustrated as well, but the only scenes of giant Dorothy are while she's covered in dirt and muck.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." -- The Doctor
Wussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013   #12
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Question Re: The Giant Garden Of Oz

Wussy,

From this part of page 110, "Her stomach growled. The sleeves of her shirt suddenly seemed tighter around her arms.", how descriptive is the growth/process scene in which she has been described as growing out of her clothes? I'm assuming it is less than 19 pages from the second excerpt you provided, but was wondering how detailed it might be. Taking into consideration that it is a children's book, I know not to expect anything sexually graphic, but there may still be some good process moments. B-)

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 01-22-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Oops