free hit counters
What exactly happened on the TGComics forum? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-02-2014   #1
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?

So - apparently it got serious enough for Femur to shut the whole place down.

I know I'd seen a few hostile threads but really?

Best,

C
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014   #2
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Re: What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?

Seems more like a F/BS thread but whatever. I haven't really been on TGComics' forum so I'm not in the loop. >_<

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #3
funfun74
Wolf Girl

I was wondering the same as well. I was hoping to find out what the ending to tangled web was so I could decide if I wanted to buy it or not.
funfun74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #4
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

The thing is, tgcomics is a really civilised forum. All of these forum 'blowouts' that femur over-reacts to are barely even a disagreement, I've seen one or two angry posts but if you compare it to any other TG forum (here, farhads, tfgamessite, etc) it's easily the friendliest! (with the possible exception of Mahzo ).

All that femur is doing is punishing all the creators looking for feedback and members wanting to talk about tg comics on the site. All it does is encourage people to troll more because it can not only shut down threads, but the entire forum.

I was on the forums yesterday and I didn't see any hate topics. Maybe there were one or two negative posts in some threads, but I didn't see them in any of the major ones.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #5
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Well, you know what they say:
Any lack of consensus is disruptive to the community and must be met by disrupting the community.
Unread 01-03-2014   #6
Scorch
Process Master

I never even knew of the forum, but i'm a member of the site. Is the site okay?

*checks*

Oh thank god.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #7
lowes96
Process Master

Unhappy Re: What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?

I go on the forum on occasion and haven't noticed anything crazy like what happens here or on other forums. Femur really overreacts on certain threads which really aren't that bad trust me I read them. I feel like it's something else entirely which might have cause some grief on certain people or person. Although the reason why I'm not so active on that forum is because it leans more towards the transgendered population and their views. Even the website has turned away from process material and has become more about TG fiction transition rather then the stuff were used to here, just my opinion.
lowes96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #8
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Yeah, sensitivity is nice but right now, if I were the artists selling my works there, I'd be a little pissed off. Well, probably a lot pissed off. How are you supposed to maintain an open dialogue with your customers without a forum to do so?

Once you become commercial, you no longer get to make sweeping unilateral decisions like this. Bad business.
Unread 01-03-2014   #9
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Yeah, sensitivity is nice but right now, if I were the artists selling my works there, I'd be a little pissed off. Well, probably a lot pissed off. How are you supposed to maintain an open dialogue with your customers without a forum to do so?

Once you become commercial, you no longer get to make sweeping unilateral decisions like this. Bad business.
I have bought comics on there because I've got along with the authors on the forums and I've been interested in seeing what their take on TG is based on their forum posts or reviews of their work. Shutting down the forums can't be a good thing for them, and the fact there wasn't any warning either is ridiculous.

If the forum is hostile, delete threads and ban users. Don't ban everyone for stuff they didn't do.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #10
Weirdoid
Frequent Poster

It was getting hostile, especially in the Bimbo TG thread. Basicly a fight between those who went "sex is bad, sexualized stereotypes are insults to women and transgendered people" and "fantasy is fantasy, and often touches on emotional issues and inner needs", Only in a much more hostile and insulting way with people on both sides taking offense at the slightest thing and going on the attack.
Weirdoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014   #11
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Then you ban the offenders and lock the thread. There's no excuse for a professional (that's what you are once you start taking money for product) to close the forum because of a few individuals and one nasty thread.
Unread 01-03-2014   #12
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfun74 View Post
I was hoping to find out what the ending to tangled web was so I could decide if I wanted to buy it or not.
How much detail do you want?

(Actually, you might want to PM, or email me at catfish27 at gmail dot com -- I won't post here in public because "spoiler" tags aren't available on this forum.)