free hit counters
What exactly happened on the TGComics forum? - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-06-2014   #37
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

Re: What exactly happened on the TGComics forum?

Update from femur:

Quote:
Bleh. Not a very good start to 2014. I want to apologize for shutting down the TGC Forum on New Year's Day. There were a couple of things that were really upsetting me, but I know that closing down the entire forum was ham-handed and hurt or offended people who had nothing to do with the kerfuffle. I'll reopen the forum in the next few days.

I think it's safe to say that I can be a drama queen too!

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014   #38
TFGuy
I will change you...

That's good, I'm glad he listened to the (majority of the) community on this one. I can't even imagine that site without the forums.
Unread 01-10-2014   #39
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Still closed. It's been almost two weeks.
Unread 01-11-2014   #40
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

He announced changes were going to happen. One of those changes had better be that he'll let his mods do their jobs and not to make any more rash decisions like this ever again.
Unread 01-12-2014   #41
GuruGuru214
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
One of those changes had better be that he'll let his mods do their jobs and not to make any more rash decisions like this ever again.
If I've learned anything about internet forums, it's that the management will inevitably disappoint you. For two and a half years, I was a mod for Telltale Games, until about 3-4 months ago when they took an axe to their old community by switching from vBulletin to a version of Vanilla that they hacked (and totally broke) to make a Reddit clone nobody wanted. I've been disappointed here every time Lorekeep decided to do a purge and suddenly half my thread bookmarks didn't work anymore.

The long and short of it is that the people in charge of forums will always have their own ideas about the way the community should run, and those ideas always end up clashing in one way or another with what the people on those forums want.

Huh, maybe that's why I've largely quit using forums...
GuruGuru214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014   #42
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

I help moderate both this forum and the Black Mesa mod forums (please don't mention this place if you do go there and post, thanks). It all depends on who runs the forums. You can't let your personal experience on a couple fora set the example.

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014   #43
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
If I've learned anything about internet forums, it's that the management will inevitably disappoint you. For two and a half years, I was a mod for Telltale Games, until about 3-4 months ago when they took an axe to their old community by switching from vBulletin to a version of Vanilla that they hacked (and totally broke) to make a Reddit clone nobody wanted. I've been disappointed here every time Lorekeep decided to do a purge and suddenly half my thread bookmarks didn't work anymore.

The long and short of it is that the people in charge of forums will always have their own ideas about the way the community should run, and those ideas always end up clashing in one way or another with what the people on those forums want.

Huh, maybe that's why I've largely quit using forums...
Telltale forums went downhill once Telltale stopped making Monkey Island and Sam and Max games and just stuck to making licenesed movie/tv show adaptations. Admittedly that was what they were doing before, but I'll never be happy until they give a proper plot resolution for Morgan LeFay.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014   #44
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Veering off-topic a bit. This should remain about the TGComics forum.

Well, the examples cited did not include shutting the forum down because you had a bad day. Attempting something new and maintenance are not anywhere near as damaging because there is usually warning and at least those sorts of things are efforts at keeping the forums going. Closing the whole thing does not.
Unread 01-12-2014   #45
RavenRift
TG Author

Good news is that Femur just reopened them. I must admit, I've never even been to visit. I've recently started being slightly more open with who I am, though, so perhaps i may be able to become a part of the community.
Unread 01-12-2014   #46
Brianxavier
#fictionmania & farhad's

Yeah I think this thread is now past its half life... *grabs the shotgun* Time to sleep... I suppose it would be easier to talk about TGComic at TGComics...

--Xavier
Brianxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014   #47
Sephie
EYES UP HERE

Location: Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow

Not going back there. I got threatened with a ban for responding to a group I belong to being demonized and was asked to apologize to the individual demonizing the group I belonged to after the individual demonizing complained my pointing out that his claims did not align with evidence was persecution. While I was not banned, I do not find that to be very good practices and I feel I would likely have done something to get banned anyways considering how easy it seemed to get treatened with a ban and my tendency to have trouble not poking the puppy.