free hit counters
New Smash Bros! - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-05-2013   #49
nightfieldzero
Frequent Poster

Re: New Smash Bros!

I did not say it wasn't. I feel any time you force someone do to something is unfair.

Like I said there are players that use every character. But , face facts, some characters are not that great. It takes a lot more skill and some people do not have it.

Brawl, for example, in Japan Peach is placing top 3 which is unheard of.

BTW - Olimar is also a great character.
nightfieldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #50
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Okay, fair enough; I just feel forced randoms serve to level the playing field.
There is, however, another way to balance the results: add a Special bonus to the in-game score.
It can be positive or negative, depending on variety and complexity of attacks.
That way, some backstab-spamming jackass can actually place behind someone who took the time to learn their character.
Unread 07-05-2013   #51
nightfieldzero
Frequent Poster

the ingame score is called stocks lol.

I think you are looking at this wrong. So ya :/.

In the sense of competitive play a majority of ppl play characters they like.
Unread 07-05-2013   #52
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
Tiers can be broken if the player is skilled enough.
Well, tiers assume by default that the players are of equal skill, so that's not really relevant. Absolutely true, though.

Skill > character choice by far.

Also, unrelated, but the game has been announced for three and a half weeks and I've yet to see anything processy of the Wii Fit Trainer. Either I haven't looked hard enough or I am disappoint.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #53
nightfieldzero
Frequent Poster

i did say a mid tier won the last championship didnt i? lol
Unread 07-05-2013   #54
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_richter View Post
It can be positive or negative, depending on variety and complexity of attacks.
That way, some backstab-spamming jackass can actually place behind someone who took the time to learn their character.
(Assuming I know what backstab-spamming is.) If someone does the same attack over and over, and the opponent still can't stop them despite the predictability, doesn't that point to the opponent's lack of skill? Why reward that?
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013   #55
nightfieldzero
Frequent Poster

in the game f you do the same move over and over it stales and leaves u unable to use it effectively .
Unread 07-05-2013   #56
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstrife View Post
The community is not a joke. A lot of people have worked hard to do what I do and I, personally, take that aspect as an insult.

At the same time I realize that the misconceptions are there. People do not use slimy tactics. They use strategies. There is a huge difference in how ANY game is played competitively (for seriouslies) vs. casually ( for funsies).

I think IMO that is what makes smash stand out from any other game. We can have something like this where you can have items and you cannot. It is a great thing.

Depends on what game.

64 : Fox is a High tier ( Best 2 characters are Kirby / Pikachu )
Melee : Fox is a Top tier ( has bad match-ups vs Marth/Puff ( Who is actually top tier )/Falco/Sheik) Fox also can do bad vs mid tiers like Pikachu and C.Falcon, Mario, Doc, etc.
Brawl : Fox is mid tier. He has bad matches with MK ( top tier ) , Ice climbers, Olimar, Marth, Falco, GnW (IMO ), and DDD if I remember correctly.

Remember in any game play who you want. No one is telling you different. Our community THRIVES on character loyalty. Just understand that they might not have the tools to win a match items/no items.

The online for brawl was designed poorly. A lot of lag and just doesn't live up to other games online play.

We use several stages which include:

Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Frigate
Halbred
Castle Seige
Delphino

That is just off the top fo my head.

TBH FD is a stage that is "neutral" in people's eyes ( tbh though battlefield imo is the best stage ).

This is a matter of opinion but I will explain our rules simply as

2 out of 3
no items
some stages are banned and some are legal.
You can pick character

Those are the rules we play by. This is because

- 3/5 takes too long. Average time for a match is 5-6 mins for any version of smash.

- Items are , based on the frame data and a lot of factors, "random". This basically means that it does not test the skill of the player but is considered just a chance. There are HOWEVER Item legal events as side events that people enter. Those are fun. But that is our logic. We want the PLAYER to win not the item or stage or whatever is not the two players.

- Forcing players to pick random is a side event we also do. In major events ( Apex 2012 and Apex 2013 for brawl had 1000+ people ) it would not be fair to force others to roll the dice (which is something i mention just above here)

Go to my thread where I list links to my events and youtube matches. You will find that we are a great community and we actually have a great time.

Apex 2013 winners were

64 - Japanese player that uses Kirby
Melee - Swedish player that uses Peach
Brawl - NJ player that uses ZERO Suit Samus.

Thanks for listening.
Typically, I use Mario/Dr.Mario and Link/Young Link.

I am a firm believer that tiers are not the end all be all and any character is more than capable of winning. Period. What matters is the person playing.

I only go to the Jigglypuff when I want to be REALLY annoying (It's fun doing a 4 player FFA and making the 3 others have to gang up on you because you keep using sleep whenever they all get clustered together, killing all 3 multiple times XD). And when I talk balance, assume I'm talking about Melee. Brawl just didn't cut it for me competitively....random tripping...SERIOUSLY?!

And I know that Metaknight was considered too OP and has been banned from the big name tourneys, heh.
Unread 07-05-2013   #57
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
(Assuming I know what backstab-spamming is.) If someone does the same attack over and over, and the opponent still can't stop them despite the predictability, doesn't that point to the opponent's lack of skill? Why reward that?
Well, alex has a valid point about staling, but I did say the "bonus" could be negative for appropriately cheap players, thus negating the advantage of alternating between two overpowered attacks. Play the field or pay the price, I say.
Unread 07-06-2013   #58
nightfieldzero
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keile View Post
Typically, I use Mario/Dr.Mario and Link/Young Link.

I am a firm believer that tiers are not the end all be all and any character is more than capable of winning. Period. What matters is the person playing.

I only go to the Jigglypuff when I want to be REALLY annoying (It's fun doing a 4 player FFA and making the 3 others have to gang up on you because you keep using sleep whenever they all get clustered together, killing all 3 multiple times XD). And when I talk balance, assume I'm talking about Melee. Brawl just didn't cut it for me competitively....random tripping...SERIOUSLY?!

And I know that Metaknight was considered too OP and has been banned from the big name tourneys, heh.
some banned him i had him unbanned becasue he is not OP he is just good.
Unread 07-06-2013   #59
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

Forgot to mention, I also use Samus.

And you bet your ass I'll be using the super extended grapple hook against you (drawback: You have to manually press the button a second time to succeed in the actual grapple, otherwise it goes through the person)
Unread 07-06-2013   #60
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keile View Post
Forgot to mention, I also use Samus.

And you bet your ass I'll be using the super extended grapple hook against you (drawback: You have to manually press the button a second time to succeed in the actual grapple, otherwise it goes through the person)
Other drawback: can't grab aerial people.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote