free hit counters
Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation. - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-12-2018   #13
Amahain
Process Master

Re: Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation.

Just to echo a few other posts:

- Clothing that changes with the TF and that repairs itself during the revert. That said, there are exceptions. If clothing magically transforms into a new outfit, I'm okay with that.
- Skin rippage in which someone's outer layer of skin rips to reveal fur underneath. Fur should grow from hair follicles, as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm not entirely against skin rippage depending on the species. For example, arthropods tend to molt, so skin rippage seems kind of appropriate with arthropod TFs.
- Inanimate TFs. Doesn't appeal to me as a fetish. I won't say I _dislike_ them because they might work well as a plot element in a story, but I wouldn't be interested in a TF comic where that's the main feature.
- Scat/urine/farts, etc... Not sexy. To me anyway. To each their own, I guess.
- Underage subjects. I'd even go further to say, the "barely legal" category also creeps me out.
Unread 07-12-2018   #14
bro4man
Process Fan

My pet peeves about transformation media in general

#1 Werewolf or were creature characters in post transformation form and stay in that form (scooby-doo's school for ghoul and hotel Transylvanian)

#2 Characters that only have transforming body parts: hands, feet, tail, ears (Princess Resurrection)

#3 Lack of creativity in cartoon and animation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU41WngBYW0 when an flash game create better transform sequences using still images and sound effects than an very elaborate and expense cartoon than you have problems.

#4 ignoring an certain fan base! Shows and movies will cater more to people who into feet, weight gain, muscles growth,etc than furry and transform fetishes!
bro4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #15
something-wild
Evil Twin

Poof tf ,animal heads on humans, reversed knees and furry tf of one furry into another.

http://something-wild.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/something-wild/
something-wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #16
Herro
Process Fan

Human ears and animal ears at the same time
Herro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #17
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

a good tail growth with detail is very welcome XD
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #18
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Things that you really DON'T like to see in a transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailBoy View Post
a good tail growth with detail is very welcome XD
Re-read the thread topic, please.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #19
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

As others have opined, *Poof!* TFs are lazy and boring 95% of the time. It's only in very rare occasions where the effortlessness (or comedic value) of the TF is being played up that they're acceptable.

I'm not big into arbitrary "popular" TF aspects being shoehorned in, either. "Futa's popular? I guess I'll add a dick to the TF for no reason!"

Edit:
Rather than making a new post, I'll add that TFs that are implied to be self-inserts when they really have no reason to be are grating.

Last edited by Ficfactor; 08-07-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: New thought
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018   #20
Grievous
Eh, just passing by

-Poofs (nuff said).

-Extreme gore (Talking Mortal Kombat X fatality levels of gore here. Im ok with some blood and even in some degree with skin rip).

-Extreme muscle gain (Unless it is a creature meant to be like that, such as FF Behemoths)

-Extreme weight gain (Talking Blob from Xmen comics levels of fat here)

-Inanimated TFs (Boring).

-Clothing that changes with the TF without any explanation and/or later reappears as if nothing happened (unless its for SFW reasons and obvious "well come on man..." cases like Hulk and his amazing indestructable shorts!).

-Anything Pregancy-related (... AvP2 left me traumatized).

-Goo-slime-rubber type TFs (hey Venom is awesome but not as a TF appeal).

-Fursuit-merge kind of TFs (Unless it is extremely well detailed I guess?).

-Extremely weird TFs that I am not sure if they count as Inanimated TFs ("Oh no, the full moon is out! Guess I will turn into a WereCar! beep beep!" or "Welp, time to become a giant floppy detached penis with balls thing now!").

-Melting-Death TFs (If they can even be called TFs).

-COCKROACH TFS. FUCK COCKROACHES. NO. BAD TF, BAD!
Unread 07-13-2018   #21
no-name
The Undying Shadow

• *POOF!*/Obscuring Mist effects. I’d take a silhouette shot any day; at least you can see SOMETHING there.
  • Clothing magically accomodating to the individual during the TF/revert process under non-magical means. (80s Hulk & She-Hulk, Nanami Kiryuu...maybe.)
  • Skin-ripping TF. Not so much for the gore, mind you; I just don’t think “wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing” should be taken so literally. “Trick ‘R Treat” might be one of the few exceptions to this.
  • Sudden mental/psychological shift. “When in Rome...” shouldn’t be your go-to excuse.
  • Reversed joints.
  • Sudden, massive, and near-instantaneous increase/decrease in mass with no explanation. RE6’s Derek Simmons is an excelent example for this, transforming from a humanoid form into larger, complex creatures in a matter of seconds in a universe where TFs were (usually) one-way monstrousity trips and reversing it took longer than a few seconds.
  • This, particularly the head TF (everything else was fine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvmaiPK-rmU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herro View Post
Human ears and animal ears at the same time
Never seen many TFs that do this, but it's still quite confusing on its own.
no-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #22
something-wild
Evil Twin

Omg this one annoys me, sequences that start with a human and the very next picture is an almost fully transformed anthro and then it’s another 3 images of that anthro ��

http://something-wild.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/something-wild/
something-wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #23
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

oop sorry hehe.
i hate poofs and offscreen tfs and tfs that dont show all FX and miss some parts like ears and tails
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2018   #24
redpanda451
Leecher

Echoing a lot of what's been said already, poofs and excessive gore. A willed or understood transformation also just isn't my thing, I'm in it for that sense of alienation and confusion (honestly, the whole "what's happening to me?" shtick is what I live for). I'm also not a fan of designs and art that don't seem to understand the basic anatomy of the subjects involved, I really don't get how skin rips are even supposed to work.

Mental changes are another thing, personally, I like the subjects to be cognizant of their own changes and to realize something's amiss. There are certain exceptions to this rule-- I'm particularly a fan of this board's very own LycanDope, whose stories usually feature characters who are busy enough doing other things that they can't really respond to how their changing effectively, but they certainly know that something is off.
redpanda451 is offline   Reply With Quote