free hit counters
Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam) - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-05-2013   #25
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Re: Cow Girl Farmer (Cuddlebeam)

Update: CONTEST OVER!

WINNER (for both): Zdemian! This guy is amazing. Really. You'll see the results shortly, you'll like what he did :3 (No spoilers yet!)

But don't worry. I'm always up for more contests, more progress, more PROCESS!

So I got two more events running. Here's my journal pasta:

---

For my cow girl farmer game, I'll be needing original NPC ideas and interesting Cow designs. NPCs and Cows submitted will be featured in the games art folder. Submit ten or more ideas, and you'll be featured in the game with your own, separate folder.

(Note: Minimum quality is required to count. No stickfigures or trolling will be accepted.)

COWS:
Are you able to challenge my cowgirl system? Can you think of an original and worthwhile cowgirl?
Then participate!

-Submit a cowgirl picture along any extra details you'd like to feature (personality, quirks, etc). Then post here (That means my dA JOURNAL, Processians) to inform me that you've got your result! Additionally, Cowgirls that were original enough to significantly help improve the system will be marked with a star in the folder, along a little comment on my behalf. However, in the end, all submission are valueable.

I want to challenge myself and my gamedev skills. I want my Cow Girl Farmer game to be able to procedually generate (the computer "creates" a cowgirl) as many interesting cowgirls as possible. Since I'm just one person, its kinda hard for me to think of a lot of cowgirls, however, with your help, we should be able to get an awesome result and finetune the system to achieve the best result.

NPCS
Can you think of an interesting NPC? And you make a draft of his dialogue and quests? Then you're cut for this section.

-Submit an NPC by giving me a draft (flowchart, just text, teatre-style, whatever format you prefer) and a little background. A little pic to go with it also helps a lot. Additionally, NPC submissions that end up actually becoming real in-game characters will be marked with a star in the folder, along a little comment on my behalf.

Spread the word and help me create a great game for you guys!

The journal (and updates on the event) is here: http://cuddlebeam.deviantart.com/jou...GAME-398260107
(Don't PM me on Process about this event or I will bonk you on the head)

My Deviantart: http://cuddle-beam.deviantart.com/

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-05-2013 at 08:08 AM.
CuddleBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013   #26
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Update:

Sorry about the beta getting to you guys so late. So like many game companies out there do, I should apologize. With goodies. Also because I just like to give out free stuff to people.

You've got with the beta version a file with all of the old concept art and unused graphics. Yep. Making a game isn't easy. It could be fun to see how my initial idea for CGF was and how it developed to the incomplete version it is now. And more polishing can be done and will be done (besides that, so many more things need to be done omfg its seems neverending sometimes. But I blindly see the end of the tunnel. I've got a frickin goal.).

Sending NOW to those to requested thier beta's thier beta's + goodies. Again, sorry for the delay.

-PS: Yes, Devtools let you hack the game, and you got them (because Beta :3). How cool is that?
Attached Images
File Type: png srry.PNG (87.8 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg adv1se.jpg (160.8 KB, 140 views)
File Type: png n6t5cechan.PNG (173.0 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-05-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 09-06-2013   #27
Matsu-sensei
Oppai Guy

Oh, too late. Ah well.
Matsu-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013   #28
Mondoman
Lurker

do we send you the npc ideas to your inbox here, on deviantart, or somewhere else?
Mondoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013   #29
Bestarred
Frequent Poster

Spent some time playing with it tonight, poked around at what's there. This is really clearly a really, really early alpha build; don't be too worried about if you missed out at this stage. If you played the other cow girl farming game that started this up, you already generally know what you're in for; you can set the same tasks in one of three shifts, modify their diet (with most of the same foods), and watch the messages change as they get better at their tasks. At this stage, while the majority of the framework is in place, very little else is. Inventory, descriptions, sanity checks (you can work a cow girl into the negative thousands in a stat if you're not careful, and in my fifteen minutes I think I managed to raise her overall mass to several times that of the planet), other breeds, etc etc etc are still under construction.

I am getting traceback errors, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I still have to install something. I was getting file type errors when I hit Shift + E earlier, and when I installed Renpy I started getting the traceback errors when it opened. Gonna move some files around and make sure it's not a directory-naming thing.

At this point, what kind of feedback is being sought, if any? Almost all features have "THIS IS PLACEHOLDER" written on them, so it's difficult to comment.
Bestarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013   #30
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestarred View Post
Spent some time playing with it tonight, poked around at what's there. This is really clearly a really, really early alpha build; don't be too worried about if you missed out at this stage. If you played the other cow girl farming game that started this up, you already generally know what you're in for; you can set the same tasks in one of three shifts, modify their diet (with most of the same foods), and watch the messages change as they get better at their tasks. At this stage, while the majority of the framework is in place, very little else is. Inventory, descriptions, sanity checks (you can work a cow girl into the negative thousands in a stat if you're not careful, and in my fifteen minutes I think I managed to raise her overall mass to several times that of the planet), other breeds, etc etc etc are still under construction.

I am getting traceback errors, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I still have to install something. I was getting file type errors when I hit Shift + E earlier, and when I installed Renpy I started getting the traceback errors when it opened. Gonna move some files around and make sure it's not a directory-naming thing..
Well, the important part IS the framework. Once thats done, depth is the other 90% of the game. But getting the framework to be bug-clean before depth development is important.

BASICALLY: I dont want a fill a broken basket. Framework first, Depth later.

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-07-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Unread 09-06-2013   #31
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondoman View Post
do we send you the npc ideas to your inbox here, on deviantart, or somewhere else?
Deviantart pls.

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 09-07-2013   #32
coramorgana
Frequent Poster

this gives me an error as i try enter, what can i do?
coramorgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013   #33
Metatron
Alea iacta est

Same here
its gives the full trace back and the "while running game code"
I get some error at line 11
Do you want the full trace back?
Metatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013   #34
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

I need full traceback/parse errors/optionally screenshots to be able to solve bugs. I really do. I insist.

Otherwise I have almost no idea what you mean. Different bets testers run different OS, computer setting, configurations, etc. You wont get the same errors I do or some other beta tester get (some others dont have your problem for example). Traceback lets me surpass that obstacle.

Tracebacks and the other automated reports are really important, Meta, Cora. Gimme'em.

Edit: PS: The game only works on Windows for now (I should be able to work out an Android port though). You running Mac?

Edit2: PS: If this post sounds weird its because Im missing some hours of sleep

Last edited by CuddleBeam; 09-07-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Unread 09-08-2013   #35
coramorgana
Frequent Poster

i use windows
coramorgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013   #36
CuddleBeam
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Dude, gimme traceback & screenshots too please.