free hit counters
Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-20-2017   #37
Tiedefender
Process Master

Re: Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
Either Patricia could be single with none or is single, but with a preteen or teen daughter. As for cameo if possible Lily Tomlin could portray Patricia's mother.
Well I wouldn't want her to be a single mother. Better to portray a husband and wife. At least I think showing a marriage surviving tough trials and the couple growing closer to each other with a stronger bond sends a better message.

I would rather see Lily Tomlin as the true mastermind behind the shrinking. Testing it on people as random test subjects. Getting all the funding she needs. Only to discover she her self was shrunk. Forced people to pay attention so she could get a cure. Then when she is restored, try to take over the world. She could start at any size you want.

But that is like, just my opinion man.
Tiedefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2017   #38
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

I think it would make sense if Lily portray her mother since she was the original Pat Kramer. Well with the couple they could still be together, and/or going to tough times as for them having a teen daughter. In the original Pat had 2 kids who are children that the remake could remove the son, and make the daughter older who could makeshift her mom's clothes to fit her size till she shrinks again kinda like she is taking a class on fashion. Like if she is appearing on tv/podcast/streaming, and she shrinks again her daughter would quickly fix the dress to fit her in time.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2017   #39
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
I think it would make sense if Lily portray her mother since she was the original Pat Kramer. Well with the couple they could still be together, and/or going to tough times as for them having a teen daughter. In the original Pat had 2 kids who are children that the remake could remove the son, and make the daughter older who could makeshift her mom's clothes to fit her size till she shrinks again kinda like she is taking a class on fashion. Like if she is appearing on tv/podcast/streaming, and she shrinks again her daughter would quickly fix the dress to fit her in time.
A teen kid most likely would work better. Perhaps Cassandra Peterson could be Judith. Then Judith can be shrunk to three inches tall with out further shrinking. Every one could for get she was shrunk and trapped in the lab till the end of the movie. And when they find her she is entertaining the lab boys with a sexy dance wearing a sexy bunny girl costume. To everyone's shock she likes it.
Unread 09-20-2017   #40
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

That works.
Unread 09-20-2017   #41
Blackbat
SW Gentleman

If it had a treatment along the lines of Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader, I wouldn't mind that
Blackbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2017   #42
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

While Charlize Theron is a option what do you think of Alexandra Breckenridge as Patricia? If you don't who she is she was in Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story, True Blood, American Horror Story Murder House/Coven, and The Walking Dead.
Unread 09-21-2017   #43
SDK
Frequent Poster

If they ever did an R rated version, msybe Judd Apatow directs. If so, I could see him using his wife Leslie Mann in the title role.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2017   #44
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
If it had a treatment along the lines of Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader, I wouldn't mind that
As long as there is no giant spiders. Then they just need the money for good special effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
If they ever did an R rated version, msybe Judd Apatow directs. If so, I could see him using his wife Leslie Mann in the title role.
If they did make an R version I would want a solid story. Some good talent. And a special effects budget of a Star Wars movie. But the R rating should only be for sexual content.
Unread 09-21-2017   #45
Mercurius
Ami-Doll's Master

What if she slips and falls into the garbage, instead of the disposal of the sink? Creates equal challenges of her trying to escape, while baring the stench of what's rotten that intensified her smell.

Speaking of which, would it be better to see her voice pitched higher at every shrinking stage, while everything that she smells, feels, and tastes intensified? Like to the point where everyone's voice that talks to her is deep and loud, making her have to cover her ears...adding some scientific logic into the movie, in other words.
Unread 09-21-2017   #46
Tiedefender
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
What if she slips and falls into the garbage, instead of the disposal of the sink? Creates equal challenges of her trying to escape, while baring the stench of what's rotten that intensified her smell.

Speaking of which, would it be better to see her voice pitched higher at every shrinking stage, while everything that she smells, feels, and tastes intensified? Like to the point where everyone's voice that talks to her is deep and loud, making her have to cover her ears...adding some scientific logic into the movie, in other words.
I don't know about the garbage instead. I'd rather not have that type of scene. The only thing I want to see her fall into are boobs.

You could do the voice pitch thing. I have know idea how the other senses would change. I wouldn't bring to much scientific logic to the movie. We all know the problems with shrinking.
Unread 09-21-2017   #47
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Squeaky voice: check
Oversize Clothes: check
Unread 09-21-2017   #48
SDK
Frequent Poster

Quote:
While Charlize Theron is a option what do you think of Alexandra Breckenridge as Patricia? If you don't who she is she was in Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story, True Blood, American Horror Story Murder House/Coven, and The Walking Dead.
Id like to see Alexandra Breckenridge shrink.

Of if we're talking Walking Dead actresses, Lauren Cohen.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote