free hit counters
TMC Werewolf? - Page 10 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-14-2012   #109
Peanutt_Buta
TF Artist/Writer

Re: TMC Werewolf?

I'm glad they want to give us this level of quality but I don't see them being able to afford it/ create it.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see but if given the choice between what you can and can't do, I'd much rather they focus on what they can do rather what they can't do.

If that makes sense...

For example, you can't produce the effect to grow a snout onto an actress....fine, then poof the snout but try to have some process in areas where you are able to apply it.

Although, if you want to get creative... why don't you give morphing a try? It will be tedious for everyone, actress, make-up artist, camera work, and the editor.. BUT in the short term, until you can afford or find the inflation effects you want, it's a viable and cheaper solution.
Peanutt_Buta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012   #110
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the production side of things.
I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be more prudent to maybe test-market these things a little bit before attempting to push them out to a broader market.
No, I'm not asking for a freebie here, nice as that would be - I'm asking that some of the regs with experience in the field get a bit more of a peek at the effects before they "go live."
Experimentation is fun and can be productive; for instance, the dog and donkey clips seem to have produced decent effects with inexperienced artists, whereas the pig clip's effects seem to have fallen flat.

I suppose what I'm trying to say here, is that you're definitely improving, but it's going to take a lot to earn everybody's trust.

EDIT: As to why I'm not buying more, I'm like that everywhere right now. Family crisis, and all that. So all I can offer for now are suggestions.

Last edited by vincent_richter; 09-15-2012 at 01:47 AM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012   #111
CNash
What would you rather be?

Don't get too hung up on community expectations. In general I've found that well-produced amateur effects get a good reception from the community, while half-assed amateur effects aren't quite as well-received. So if you try too hard to do more than you can - shooting for more quality than is feasible with your budget and technical skills - then there's more chance of it falling flat.

"Poof" TFs have a bad reputation in the community, but I think that they can be done well, and that they can be acceptable if it's understood that this is the limit of what can be accomplished. For example, I thought that the eye and face transformations from the dog TF were quite well done, even if the practical effects weren't entirely convincing - Mika's performance really helped to sell it, too, so it's not all dependant on the quality of the makeup anyway.

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012   #112
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

That's not a poof TF, though. That's implied process. A poof TF is when the person transforming is one thing and is then another with nothing between, as I understand it. Implied transformation is above and beyond better than poof. Just look at "The Dark", one of the best loved werewolf clips out there. It's ALL implied TF.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012   #113
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
That's not a poof TF, though. That's implied process. A poof TF is when the person transforming is one thing and is then another with nothing between, as I understand it. Implied transformation is above and beyond better than poof. Just look at "The Dark", one of the best loved werewolf clips out there. It's ALL implied TF.
...and invariably, you'll get a few jackass critics who say "implied tf" is "poof process."
It's like the numbnuts who blast every attempt at a giantess video with "small man IS NOT giantess!"
The point is understood, but doing that to limited-budget productions is detrimental to future efforts.