free hit counters
Who is this? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-21-2016   #1
meticulan23
Frequent Poster

Who is this?

I was perusing another AP style site and found this.

It's a character that doesn't have a show credited to them and one image. It says that it was from an AP in an anime but didn't have anything else to go off of other than this image, the anime happened sometime between the late 90s and November 2005, and a name, Kei. I don't think may even be the right name for the character since I've found no anime with this character and that name.

I feel like I have seen this character before though. Could anyone confirm who this is?

Last edited by meticulan23; 02-21-2016 at 01:28 PM.
meticulan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2016   #2
Gagecoalbrace
Slave Trainer

Re: Who is this?

thats one of the charactes from "dirty pair" there are 2 versions of them. She is Kei from Dirty Pair Flash its a okay show in my book (I watched all that i found atleast)
Unread 02-22-2016   #3
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagecoalbrace View Post
thats one of the charactes from "dirty pair" there are 2 versions of them. She is Kei from Dirty Pair Flash its a okay show in my book (I watched all that i found atleast)
Kei to my knowledge though never experienced an AP sequence. It's a rather fun Anime though and worth the watch if someone hasn't seen it yet. It's classic 90s Anime though lol.
Unread 02-22-2016   #4
Amazeroth
Black Sheep

Nope it wasn't an AP Scene. It was a pure Breast Expansion Scene from Dirty Pair
Unread 02-22-2016   #5
Rei-Lin
Process Master

It wasn't breast expansion either, it's just that Kei just did one of the magical girl clothing changes and the shirt covering her breasts was way too small and so her breasts just sort of "slip" from inside it like you see in that shot giving the impression that her breasts grew. Kei's breasts were always bigger than Yuri's and she was the sexy/slutty one so this is what we got. =D
Unread 02-22-2016   #6
MasterCheap
Leecher

Yes, this is definitely from Dirty Pair Flash, a reboot of the original Dirty Pair concept produced in the mid-'90's. The tell is Kei's blond forelock; in the original series she was a strict redhead. (According to the Wiksters, they'd actually wanted to make a sequel, but Kei's VA had retired to the other side of the Pacific and Yuri's VA wouldn't do the show with a replacement co-lead, so they said "screw it" and went for a reboot.)

So when I say I'm an old-school anime fan, I do mean OLD school. Kids these days with their Narutos and their Fullmetal Alchemists and their Hellsings and their Asterisk Wars...

Last edited by MasterCheap; 02-22-2016 at 12:15 PM.
MasterCheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2016   #7
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Hi there,

Hmm... this is actually quite interesting - and more, I am quite pleased that the conversation has leant in this particular direction as, in its own circuitous way, Dirty Pair Flash did incorporate transformations, of a sort, as Rei-Lin alluded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
It wasn't breast expansion either, it's just that Kei just did one of the magical girl clothing changes and the shirt covering her breasts was way too small and so her breasts just sort of "slip" from inside it like you see in that shot giving the impression that her breasts grew...
Speaking as something of a measured fan of this particular franchise - having acquired the series during college - I can attest that this envisioning of the notorious Kei and Yuri did have clothing transformations. Keeping in mind the era (circa mid/late 90's) and the continuing prevalence of Sailor Moon in Japanese pop culture - and its impact upon anime and the Maho Shojo genre - Dirty Pair Flash did incorporate this influence, in its own way.

In essence, considering Kei and Yuri's role as agents of the 3WA (interstellar FBI, of sorts) in the 23rd century, the technology of the time allows for some clothing to be donned, literally at the touch of a button. When happening upon trouble, in some episodes, they would activate a small bracelet which would start this fast, near magical change in attire (apparently their official field dress) from whatever fashion they had been wearing beforehand.

This process is demonstrated by Yuri, as seen below in this cobbled collage, of her own transformation, once so activated, with a customary shot of her and the transformed Kei, ready to do as intended.

I hope this proves informative, and colours a little more on this particular niche of the TF genre, relative to the original question .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2016   #8
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemical Night View Post
Hi there,

Hmm... this is actually quite interesting - and more, I am quite pleased that the conversation has leant in this particular direction as, in its own circuitous way, Dirty Pair Flash did incorporate transformations, of a sort, as Rei-Lin alluded to.

Speaking as something of a measured fan of this particular franchise - having acquired the series during college - I can attest that this envisioning of the notorious Kei and Yuri did have clothing transformations. Keeping in mind the era (circa mid/late 90's) and the continuing prevalence of Sailor Moon in Japanese pop culture - and its impact upon anime and the Maho Shojo genre - Dirty Pair Flash did incorporate this influence, in its own way.

In essence, considering Kei and Yuri's role as agents of the 3WA (interstellar FBI, of sorts) in the 23rd century, the technology of the time allows for some clothing to be donned, literally at the touch of a button. When happening upon trouble, in some episodes, they would activate a small bracelet which would start this fast, near magical change in attire (apparently their official field dress) from whatever fashion they had been wearing beforehand.

This process is demonstrated by Yuri, as seen below in this cobbled collage, of her own transformation, once so activated, with a customary shot of her and the transformed Kei, ready to do as intended.

I hope this proves informative, and colours a little more on this particular niche of the TF genre, relative to the original question .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
If memory serves me right, Yuri actually has a lightsaber in either dirty pair flash or the original. Which had a limited battery and always seemed to run out of batteries at the most inopportune moment XD
Unread 02-23-2016   #9
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by godleydemon View Post
If memory serves me right, Yuri actually has a lightsaber in either dirty pair flash or the original. Which had a limited battery and always seemed to run out of batteries at the most inopportune moment XD
Yuri in the anime had a light sword, yuri in the adam warren comics liked the "bloody card" and Yuri in the origional book wasn't much different from Kei if I recall. Kei has always been about extreme fire power and explosions. She's the "macho" one.

Personally I'm a Kei gal myself... or a Evil Yuri. She was kinda hot with all those tats.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote