free hit counters
“Bonehill Road” werewolf film - Page 12 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-20-2018   #133
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Re: “Bonehill Road” werewolf film

Finally got my copy today, and I was jazzed. It did take forever to get out, but knowing how many delays they faced, combined with the holidays gave me more patience. The movie itself is 'meh'. Obviously, you don't expect an oscar-winner out of something this low budget, but there were definitely plenty of critiques to be made.

The transformation is just about all I could ask for out of this. I do agree with the final wolf looking weird with the humanoid face, especially when that contradicts every other werewolf they had shown to that point. There's a bonus male tf after the credits, and I wish they had done a dual transformation with the woman as well, but that's just being greedy. I'll start the process of ripping the movie to my computer (It takes a while, at least with the program I use), at which point, I will be able to cut out the transformation scene, and upload it.

Between the two Indiegogo movies (Betsy/Bonehill Road), I'd say Betsy was the better movie, with regards to acting, story, cinematography, and the like. Bonehill Road blows it out of the water in the monster department, especially the transformation. Either way, I hope people continue to, or start, supporting these indie projects when they arise. Their successes help inspire more filmmakers to try their hand.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2018   #134
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
I ordered a copy and it’s still taking them forever to ship things out. I get that they’ve had issues with the disc pressing but holy shit.
Hopefully they'll put out a digital version people can get on Amazon eventually.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2018   #135
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Hopefully they'll put out a digital version people can get on Amazon eventually.
I expect them too. Right now, they're having screenings and like. After that cycle is done, I'd expect a VOD, and eventually physical release. This was just the people who backed the project getting their hands on it first.
Unread 01-20-2018   #136
Rei-Lin
Process Master

I'd really love to see these guys do just a transformation scene with this kind of support. Not a full movie, just the scene. Imagine the transformation scene and how it might have looked if they had all the money they raised put only into that scene. I know it must seem sort of selfish, but if there was enough money raised to do it, I wonder if they'd think about trying it.
Unread 01-20-2018   #137
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Alright, kids, here you go: https://mega.nz/#!YCQmkZ7L!Gnl87vpWl...jVqlkuxpNZJoKg

I did not want to upload this to YouTube or Dailymotion yet, especially until at least a full scale release happens, so I threw it up on mega. Get it while it's hot.
Unread 01-21-2018   #138
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
Alright, kids, here you go: https://mega.nz/#!YCQmkZ7L!Gnl87vpWl...jVqlkuxpNZJoKg

I did not want to upload this to YouTube or Dailymotion yet, especially until at least a full scale release happens, so I threw it up on mega. Get it while it's hot.
aw no tail growth? :/
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #139
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailBoy View Post
aw no tail growth? :/
Thanks for enlighten us, your continuous comments about tails are changing our lives forever.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #140
WuschelWolf
Leech0r

Quote:

Thank you! How is the other TF scene like? Any good?
WuschelWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #141
militarybum
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
I'd really love to see these guys do just a transformation scene with this kind of support. Not a full movie, just the scene. Imagine the transformation scene and how it might have looked if they had all the money they raised put only into that scene. I know it must seem sort of selfish, but if there was enough money raised to do it, I wonder if they'd think about trying it.
I like where your going with this. But, instead of "they"; it would be "US".
militarybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #142
thenewflash
Process Fan

Quote:

So there’s a second TF?
thenewflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #143
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewflash View Post
So there’s a second TF?
There's a male tf in an after-credits scene. The same chick shows up, but only has fangs in two or three shots. Didn't think anyone here would be interested.
Unread 03-04-2018   #144
JediSuperstar
Leecher

Greetings everyone. Thanks to all of you who have given the film support and for the good things you had to say. Those of you who contributed, we are finally on the last 4th of our perk orders. There were over 500 total. IndieGoGo stopped counting contributions after we went on their IN DEMAND program, and we're trying to shut it down. We sent a letter... just waiting for a reply. We had so many damned setbacks from third parties. I had never done an IndieGoGo, and I have learned much from this experience.

Plus, we were overly optimistic, we started this shoot in late June, finished final shots in August. 17 shooting days plus 3 days for effects pick ups and 1 day in LA. The film had to be ready by Halloween and we met the deadline. Damned near killed me. It was the first cut, and then I went back and fixed a few tiny things. It was actually a miracle it got shot, edited and polished in that time. I have had several Producers tell me that they thought it was not gonna happen... they are the ones who told me it was impossible on the amount of time and budget we had. Final cut was done mid November. Then I sent to the duplicators. And that was when the adventures REALLY started. Being called a tool of Satan and having our film booted from our first duplicator who thought drunks, drugs and bikini models were all OK, but found werewolves to be "Beasts of Satan" was nuts. And they held the film for weeks before telling me they refused. Had to find a new duplicator and pay AGAIN while I waited for the first one to refund me. Took 60 days. VHS guy disappeared. Had to find another one and that was pretty hard actually. No one does VHS. LOL. All of this, along with other things we dealt with our outlined in our Updates on IndieGoGo and on Facebook. IN addition to all of that, the postal rates went up in some cases 43% from the time we started and priced everything. Over half the packages being mailed is being paid out of my pocket.

Thank you for your patience while we fought to get this film to all of YOU. We're almost done. Thankfully!!!

I REALLY appreciate people not ripping this film and pirating it. I have read what many of you had to say and I appreciate your honesty and integrity. If people keep stealing and pirating these films, we will be forced to stop making movies. While piracy may not hurt big movies like AVENGERS (I still do not condone it) and such, it DESTROYS indie films. We cannot get legitimate sales and therefore cannot raise funds for bigger movies, more gear and to get actual investors or even distribution. Luckily, we have US distribution in place and the film will be Officially released late Summer or early Fall. It takes 4 months to solicit to buyers for stores and such and 2 to get the whole package together. Also, the more people rip and pirate your film, the more it hurts FOREIGN SALES. And this is where us little guys who make Horror really get screwed. They simply will not buy a film that is pirated everywhere... and as someone pointed out, we really had tons of support and made this film with heart, soul and passion. It was my dream since I was a kid to make a werewolf movie.... and I would seriously appreciate it if no one puts it on YouTube or any of those video platforms. It hurts us. Even just the Transformation scene. I saw it shared here, and I am OK with you guys seeing it, but the first link was shot on a cell phone I think and it was magnified, so someone thought we shot a ton of super close ups when we didn't - it was the uploaded video, not how we shot it... so it hurt our film and made that person think we shot it in a certain style we didn't. I would rather you see it in context and in the proper aspect ratio. We poured our lives into this and even with the IndieGoGo support, I went into great debt.... so I appreciate those that respect us all.

Our distributor does go after YouTube posts and such done without written permission from me or from his company... and I do not want anyone who supported the film to get into any kind of trouble either. He is paying a small fortune to get the film manufactured and distributed in the worldwide marketplace... so he wants to protect YOUR investment, my investment and of course his own substantial investment. It's not cheap putting a film out... and these days it's even harder. Hell, marketing alone kicks your ass.

We actually wanted our film gritty and old school... on purpose. Can't please everyone, I get it... BUT I actually thought our two lead girls kicked major ass. And I am pretty darn hard on my own films. Gotta defend those two. They are incredible actresses. I had seen a post where someone said another film had better acting, so I had to ad that part...LOL

Anyway, it is great to see all of these posts and people getting excited... we made this film for people who love monster movies on a budget that I was told was impossible. But we did it. Four awesome werewolf suits, 4 heads, 2 articulated heads, tons of special effects and shooting all at night... this film should have cost 8 to 10 times as much, but the cast and crew all poured everything they had. We had great support from our IndieGoGo friends, and we have had 99% great reviews.... we really did have a mountain to climb, and I am super proud of the film. Have a great night everyone!!!

Last edited by JediSuperstar; 03-04-2018 at 06:16 AM.
JediSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote