free hit counters
New Smash Bros! - Page 21 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-16-2015   #241
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: New Smash Bros!

Hmm, Cloud's not too bad. Didn't think I'd like him at first, but he's pretty solid.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2015   #242
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

Well, this is disappointing. Apparently, the Midgar stage only has two pieces of music. No, not just the 3DS version: the Wii U version, too. Just. Two.

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2015   #243
Chaos Echo
Process Disciple

HEY GUYS! WE HAVE THE ENTIRE FINAL FANTASY SERIES TO DRAW FROM! WHAT SONGS SHOULD WE PUT IN!?

Uh... FFVII's battle theme and boss theme.

...THAT'S IT?

Yep.

TWO SONGS?

Yep.

Me on DeviantART. I upload my stuff over there. Pretty much dead though.
Chaos Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2015   #244
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

Wow. Just...wow.

Also love how the victory theme is directly lifted from FF VII, too. Effort? What's that??

Last edited by Silver Spoon; 12-17-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Silver Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2015   #245
TF-Viewer

Were you guys expecting the stage to have a unique music track for each summon? A remixed or remastered theme rather than the original?

It's pretty clear this stuff is just promotional for the upcoming FFVII remake, it came out right after the new trailer. Should they have assigned someone from that project to make all these new tracks and submit them to Nintendo for this $6 DLC? It would be nice if they had I guess, but I'm pretty sure they've got their hands full with that much bigger project, one so big it has to come out in multiple parts. Getting the rights to use the old tracks for this one stage is probably hassle enough. But since literally nobody here has any idea how much work or how much of a pain to implement any of this actually was, maybe.... don't whine so much?
Unread 12-17-2015   #246
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

The Street Fighter level had two original tracks and a new remix, and a new remix of the victory theme, and they bothered to dub Ryu's voice for the non-Japanese releases of the game.

They didn't want to use more Final Fantasy music? Fine. Use music from other Nintendo RPGs that would fit to add variety. Having only two tracks for pricey DLC is a rip-off. I could buy the original Final Fantasy VII game on PSN for almost the same price as the DLC for Cloud.

Last edited by Silver Spoon; 12-26-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Unread 12-18-2015   #247
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spoon View Post
The Street Fighter level had two original tracks and a new remix, and a new remix of the victory theme, and they bothered to dub Ryu's voice for the non-Japanese releases of the game.

They didn't want to use more Final Fantasy music? Fine. Use music from other Nintendo RPGs that would fit to add variety. Having only two tracks for pricey DLC is a rip-off. I could buy the original Final Fantasy VII game on PSN for the same price as the DLC for Cloud.
Pretty sure the original FF7 still costs more than that DLC did. Yeah, $9.99 on PSN for the original, and $6.99 on eShop for Cloud+Midgar stage. Myth busted. As for Ryu's stuff, so what? Capcom isn't making an epic RPG remake that fans have been begging decades for, they can spare a guy to remix their tracks and add English voice. Again, that's assuming the parent company for the character handles it and not Nintendo guy's doing it in-house. I don't know why I bothered, nothing anyone says is going to satisfy you and call off the whambulance.
Unread 12-18-2015   #248
no-name
The Undying Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Were you guys expecting the stage to have a unique music track for each summon? A remixed or remastered theme rather than the original?

It's pretty clear this stuff is just promotional for the upcoming FFVII remake, it came out right after the new trailer. Should they have assigned someone from that project to make all these new tracks and submit them to Nintendo for this $6 DLC? It would be nice if they had I guess, but I'm pretty sure they've got their hands full with that much bigger project, one so big it has to come out in multiple parts. Getting the rights to use the old tracks for this one stage is probably hassle enough. But since literally nobody here has any idea how much work or how much of a pain to implement any of this actually was, maybe.... don't whine so much?
I would've been content with recycled tracks from Crisis Core, Last Order, or any other FF7-related title that I might have forgotten, but what's done is done. I guess after being spoiled with having 5+ songs available for any given stage up to this point, people were taken aback by this, myself included, though I got over it really fast.
no-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2015   #249
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

Three dollars more than the pricey DLC. Ooh. A 50+ hour RPG would still get your more mileage than the forgettable DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
As for Ryu's stuff, so what? Capcom isn't making a RPG remake that fans have been begging decades for, they can spare a guy to remix their tracks and add English voice.
I had to eliminate a word for the cringeworthiness of it from the quoted post. (Also, the Final Fantasy VII remake announcement was over four months before Cloud was announced for Smash.)

"So what"? It showed that Capcom cared about Ryu and how he was put in the game. His level looks great, his model looked great, they bothered to dub him, the series logo looks cool in-game...it was an overall good job.

I remember when I wanted a remake of Final Fantasy VII...15 years ago when the PS2 first came out.

They should've just put Cloud in with the other characters in February. It's obvious his DLC was rushed out the door for Christmas.
Unread 12-18-2015   #250
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spoon View Post
Three dollars more than the pricey DLC. Ooh. A 50+ hour RPG would still get your more mileage than the forgettable DLC.

I had to eliminate a word for the cringeworthiness of it from the quoted post. (Also, the Final Fantasy VII remake announcement was over four months before Cloud was announced for Smash.)

"So what"? It showed that Capcom cared about Ryu and how he was put in the game. His level looks great, his model looked great, they bothered to dub him, the series logo looks cool in-game...it was an overall good job.

I remember when I wanted a remake of Final Fantasy VII...15 years ago when the PS2 first came out.

They should've just put Cloud in with the other characters in February. It's obvious his DLC was rushed out the door for Christmas.
The remake was announced months ago, yes. But the new trailer came out about the same time, along with the PS4 port of FFVII, all of it, promotional, hype building bullshit. That should not be hard to process. You were mistaken about the price, all I did was point it out. You can whine about Cloud's stage not being as (subjectively) nice as Ryu's, but it doesn't matter. This is what we got, now deal.
Unread 06-26-2018   #251
tghawk555
New look! Whatcha think?

N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-NECROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's that time again, y'all! And this time:

EVERYONE IS HERE

Teehee! Like what you see, boys?

There need to be more werewoman TG sequences!!

A TG sequence is not a TG sequence without process and a clothes change!

Bimbos Aren't Sluts! 181 supporters and counting!

Official bet between me and OhZone (Result to be determined on November 4, 2020)

Check out my dA: TGHawk's Lounge
tghawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2018   #252
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Nope, I ran away.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote