free hit counters
Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide (Offsite) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-19-2012   #1
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide (Offsite)

Sorry it took a while (Paradox Alice kind of helped shelve this video for a little while)... but here is the 2nd collaboration video between Katizua and myself.

Now this is much more of a Fan Fiction comic than original material. I just kind of twisted the mythology of it a bit I grew up on this particular series of movies and love them. And then after reading some of the expanded Universe by a particular author - I was introduced to one of my favorite characters in this whole saga. Hope you enjoy. It was fun to make, and my way of giving a bit of homage to a set of movies that inspired me to do what I do today. Without them... I don't think I would ever be doing what I do.

- Mako -

Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #2
KittyCat0911
Creator of Dreams

Re: Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide

Absolute Fantastic, Mako.
KittyCat0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #3
muffin_wins
muffin_wins

Another awesome job as always Mako .
I would love to see you do a video or comic on a story i wrote a long time ago called Bill's 21 st birthday party but you got change it to Witch's revenge because thats the main theme.
Guy rents a video Witch's Revenge it starts with a couple making out in a grave yard unfortionly they make out on a evil witches unmarked grave. A drop of seman hits the ground and she comes back to life and takes revenge for the disrespect and changes them the lady turns into a cow and the man a woman but at one point the witch looks straight at Billy as he is watching the movie and tells him he is next. Billly can't move he is forced to keep watching and after she changed the couple she comes through the television and takes over Billy and changing him into her completely.
Tell me what you think.
PS. in my story there is more the story is onlne at www.nifty.org under transgend / sci -fi date july 1999 i think.
muffin_wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #4
Goldendawn
3D Comic Beginner

Again awesome work - however - I don't like watching a comic as a video - I know you have issues that you want to protect your work from other people making videos of your work - but sorry a lot of us have the same issue and we don't supply our comics like that.

1) You don't get a good feel for the comic, and reading the text on a movie is frustrating and not at a good pace.
2) Your transformation scene just went on and one - in the comic it probably looks amazing - but in the movie it really just felt disjointed and felt drawn out.

Look I love your stories and work Mako - love them with all my heart - but right now I can't enjoy your work in this movie style/comic process you are doing.

I have watched movie/comics before - the biggest thing to note is a lot of them are designed for comic/movie type feeling (look at some of the matrix stuff). They are not just movie shots of still images with music, and then fix framing on text.

If you want to do this - and do it well - remove text. Start using voice actors to talk the text out. Pan out the shots more so you get a feel for the elements around the scene - not only close ups, allow people to take a full look at what is going on.

Again - great story - AMAZING art - the way it is delivered isn't my cuppa tea at all.
Unread 05-19-2012   #5
Blazer22
Frequent Poster

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Blazer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012   #6
Katt
Guardian of the OverKitty

Location: The worst scumhole in the galaxy, Teddy Bear Junction.

Two of my most favorite things. Star Wars and TG.

Also love all the references and how accurate it (mostly) is.
Unread 05-19-2012   #7
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat0911 View Post
Absolute Fantastic, Mako.
Thanks KittyCat. I've been wanting to tell this story for a very long time, and so it feels good to finally execute it in a way that I was happy with

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #8
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_wins View Post
Another awesome job as always Mako .
I would love to see you do a video or comic on a story i wrote a long time ago called Bill's 21 st birthday party...

Thanks muffin. I will check your story out as soon as I can and let you know what I think. I get requests all the time - so I always tell everyone - that I can't promise anything. Time is a precious commodity for me these days

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #9
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendawn View Post
Again awesome work - however - I don't like watching a comic as a video - I know you have issues that you want to protect your work from other people making videos of your work - but sorry a lot of us have the same issue and we don't supply our comics like that.

Understood. Thanks for the feedback, Goldendawn. Your concern isn't the first nor I am sure will it be the last that I've heard about my comic videos.

From my POV - if I was asking people to pay for my comics - then I could completely understand the frustration. I feel I would make any of the comics available in the formats or execution that seems appropriate to those who pay for them. But I don't feel an obligation to do that when I offer them for free.

All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.

With that in mind - I want to thank you for your time and input. I appreciate the level of respect you have - even if the execution isn't quite your cup of tea. As you are aware of my concerns over the matter, I don't really see that changing any time soon. I will eventually release my comics in a comic form - but when I feel I am ready to do so.

Cheers

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #10
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer22 View Post
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Blazer22 Glad you liked!!

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #11
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt View Post
Two of my most favorite things. Star Wars and TG.

Also love all the references and how accurate it (mostly) is.

LOL You and me both, Katt!!! Like I mentioned above - it took me a while to get here with this story. I wanted to do it since the early 1990's when I was introduced to the character. So it took close to 20 years to finally create a version I was happy with.

I know I had to twist a few of the original details here and there to make it work. But it's cool you recognized the way in which I was really trying to ground it as closely to the source material as I could (considering the story).

Cheers

- Mako -
Unread 05-19-2012   #12
docbyron
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.
I know this all too well. Thanks for sharing it, Mako. It's not often I get to satisfy both my dark appetite and my geek appetite at the same time.