free hit counters
Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-28-2017   #25
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Re: Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies

I'm really interested in making an anime series for Max's Big Bust - A Captain Nekorai Tale, but it'd cost in the order of hundreds of thousands to make. I know an animation company and I've worked with them in the past, so it is doable but the problem is getting the money together, and I don't think Kickstarter is the right platform for raising funds of that magnitude. Less and less people use the site, it's an absolute nightmare to raise money on there now.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017   #26
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Everybody, just get a bit chill, okay? Otto, if you look, there is some honestly good advice in here. Just ignore the stuff that offends you and focus on the good stuff.

Rest of you guys that are kinda talking down to the dude, back up a little. He says he knows what he's getting into. Whatever he does will rise or fall on its own merit. If you got good advice or critique,give it.
Unread 03-01-2017   #27
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Everybody, just get a bit chill, okay? Otto, if you look, there is some honestly good advice in here. Just ignore the stuff that offends you and focus on the good stuff.

Rest of you guys that are kinda talking down to the dude, back up a little. He says he knows what he's getting into. Whatever he does will rise or fall on its own merit. If you got good advice or critique,give it.
Honestly, V1701, this has been one of the more depressing experiences I've had on this forum. What was meant to be an innocuous inquiry took a very sudden, nasty turn. I'm not sure what the deal is with some of these people; maybe they're lashing out because of their own unfulfilled dreams. I try to listen to good advice when I hear it, but even good advice doesn't amount to much if it's delivered patronizingly.

Whatever the case may be, I think I'm going to take a break for a few days, at least until these guys have succeeded enough in their own lives to the point where they don't feel they have to infect others with their bitterness.
Dr. Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017   #28
LK
Process Disciple

Run along children, nothing to see here.
Unread 03-01-2017   #29
The Governor
Process Governor

How about we think more before we start calling people scammers and harassing people?
The Governor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017   #30
kalliopegal
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
Absolutely. The problem is, I'm not particularly interested in hearing it. For one reason or another, this thread has suddenly overflowed with people who seem hellbent on reminding me about the big scary ogre called "reality," even though I'd argue their own perception of reality is questionable.

Their cumulative message basically boils down to, "You're gonna get your ass kicked." Guys, believe me, you're preaching to the choir here. As someone who's had his ass kicked repeatedly by life, I've grown numb to the pain. What I'm hoping to do is build up my credentials in the industry elsewhere, so when I DO launch a project like this on Kickstarter or IndieGoGo or wherever, more folks will be ready to offer their hard-earned bread. It'll be a slow, agonizing process, but I'll do what it takes to get there.

But hey, thanks for showing me I probably shouldn't look for potential investors here. Few people are less miserly than a bunch of "realistic" assholes.
I do not understand what you are trying to do OP when someone gives you good advice and you imply that they treat you like a naive fool by stating that you do not want to apply reality when it comes to investors or even interested about the basics.

If you have no inclination to listen to us in a serious manner, why should we treat your potential questions regarding folks willing to "offer their hard-earned bread" to you seriously?
kalliopegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2017   #31
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

This thread is weird. Where have the all the mods gone? Also sorry I'm late to the party, I don't hang out in this forum. Otto, you are overly defensive in many threads, but in this particular case, I understand where you're coming from.

Why is everyone so certain that a good movie takes thousands of dollars to make? I understand that everyone wants to see hollywood movie-quality transformation, but that is getting way ahead of ourselves. There are many people who have this kink who are not speaking and it seems like an large portion of them work in creative fields.

I think we can crowd-source skills and equipment. If we seriously wanted to do a movie, we'd have to figure out the minimum amount of crew we'd need and then pick a date and a city to meet up. Ideally, everyone would pay for their own transportation, housing could somehow be arranged by a host, and any money raised would pay reliable craftsmen (perhaps sourced from the furry community, in my case) to create props first and pay the crew second.

The proof of concept (the script, concept drawings and inspiration pieces) should be a group effort-- if only we had a forum to post on, oh wait.

But in order for any of that to happen, we need to stop acting like abuse victims just because the first person we trusted to make a movie was a thief. There are plenty of honest artists out there in many genres and the only reason we haven't already made a movie is because we are kept quiet by shame.

Last edited by CantSaySeeSaw; 03-09-2017 at 05:03 AM.
CantSaySeeSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2017   #32
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantdayseesaw View Post
This thread is weird. Where have the all the mods gone? Also sorry I'm late to the party, I don't hang out in this forum. Otto, you are overly defensive in many threads, but in this particular case, I understand where you're coming from.
Uh...thanks?
Unread 03-11-2017   #33
Miss Mako
TF Creator

I spent years in forums asking people to help back when I started The Kiss and other projects. Even Paradox Alice. I was suprised I got so few responses but was told many peeps just didnt want to expose themselves... so I looked outside the TF community to find people to help make a lot of what I did. It is possible... but it takes a lot of work... decent script... and you have to really be passionate about it all and seem overly prepared and convince everyone you can make it and will finish it. So much is about the pitch and how to sell it to the right people first. There is always a Pre Production phase... Production Phase... and Post Production Phase... and most Independent Film Makers tend to only wanna focus on Production and get themselves in trouble not planning and focusing as much on the other two.

Just my two cents ��

- Miss Mako -
Unread 03-11-2017   #34
Dr. Otto
AKA Sister Hyde

Your two cents mean everything to me, Mako. Thank you.
Unread 03-11-2017   #35
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

Yeah, same, Mako. It is ambitious, and I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to commit to for a long time. I don't want to commit to anything unless there are people willing to work with me, partially because I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to let anyone down. Other people hold you accountable. I've been playing with photos, to gain trust within the community, but I'm nowhere near ready to play with video yet.
Unread 03-11-2017   #36
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Moderators were here. I asked for chill and other mods removed some of the more incendiary posts.