free hit counters
"Is this a bad time for you, Dr. Jacks?" - A TG Curiosity - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-23-2014   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Question "Is this a bad time for you, Dr. Jacks?" - A TG Curiosity

Hi there,

Now, before I begin I can already hear the grumbling which will precede my peers here launching tomatoes and cabbage in my direction, but I would ask for your patience. Yes, I can admit that this was topic was born from a slow day on my end, though it does accentuate a genuine curiosity that occurs when watching this scene again, after a while .

To contextualise this, the title a line punctuating the implied change, one Dr. Jacks (Dr. Jekyll & Ms. Hyde) has just undergone the first few transformations betraying a mounting gender bending change; the first few including the growth of his nails and loss of body hair, and then something more too.

In this, as a prelude to the famous withering of his penis scene, we have a brisk shock, seemingly followed by internal stirrings or contractions which close his thighs together. The scene found here, almost from the outset -

http://youtu.be/l1K-LGZJQ40?t=2m43s

I have noticed that there has been some brief commentary on the symbolism of what may be going on, and in turn I bring this niche topic here now. For instance, it has been suggested that the spasms represent the loss of his testicles before the penis, or the development of feminine thigh muscles etc.

Beyond the notion that the scene before and after may have been better served perhaps reversed, I would like to prompt this topic for discussion.

Revision-07/24/2014

In an addition to the scene already considered in the subsequent thread, there is the additional, ambiguously implied continuation of the change in this scene - http://youtu.be/l1K-LGZJQ40?t=3m46s , specifically the brisk exit from the taxi, only to be stirred by something internal, cresting in a gasp of seeming pain; his dash to the building apparently feminine in manner, as seen from behind.

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.

Last edited by Alchemical Night; 07-24-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014   #2
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Re: "Is this a bad time for you, Dr. Jacks?" - A TG Curiosity

I'm not entirely clear on what we're supposed to be discussing about it. It seems pretty obvious to me.

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #3
Scorch
Process Master

I think with a slurping noise and two popping sounds, that would suggest that the testacles have indeed gone bye bye.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #4
Lassitude
Lurker

I think the other thing going on, making his thighs close --apart from the testicles retreating/disappearing, obviously-- is that his pelvis bone is widening, giving him female hips (body fat redistribution helping that along). That changes the angle of the femur bones a little bit, female vs. male, so a knock-kneed sit would be a bit more natural for him, at that point, especially when he feels the stimulus of his balls going bye-bye.

I'd love to see a rapid-but-gradual MtF change like that today in a Hollywood movie, in that sort of public-embarrassment context, using a combination of some practical effects (as was done here) and some more modern, high-quality cgi (so we'd get some subtle face-morphing, shrinking, narrowing shoulders/ribcage, etc)... with it completing before he has a chance to escape!
Lassitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #5
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassitude View Post
I think the other thing going on, making his thighs close --apart from the testicles retreating/disappearing, obviously-- is that his pelvis bone is widening, giving him female hips (body fat redistribution helping that along). That changes the angle of the femur bones a little bit, female vs. male, so a knock-kneed sit would be a bit more natural for him, at that point, especially when he feels the stimulus of his balls going bye-bye.

Hi there,

Certainly a very compelling and resonant answer, which does much in the way of good postulation . Also, in regards to the perspective of distending hips and closer thighs, as a legacy of the mounting change, there is my revised , second entry for this thread - a similarly ambiguous scene, which does illustrate the hip/thigh element in the end, perhaps http://www.process-productions.com/f...ad.php?t=37067 .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #6
iamlampy
Process Fan

I think the first couple of spasms are indeed his balls ascending - or if not, then the first stage of that. A tightening of his scrotum perhaps. When his penis shrinks, it doesn't necessarily mean he has a vagina at that point - the separating and forming of vagina could explain the shudders he experiences (she experiences?) as he leaves the cab. It certainly effects his run, whatever it is.

Like Lassitude, I would love to see a film with a decent budget show a transformation like this. I do love the moment when the other guy says 'You've got long hair...' and he starts to say 'Don't be ridiculous...' in that slightly cracking voice.
iamlampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #7
lowes96
Process Master

Ok I'm all about constructive conversation but this particular subject has been beaten to a pulp. If there is nothing new to bring to the table like a long lost scene or something it should be left dead. We wish this movie could've done more but lets face it it didn't...
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014   #8
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Iowes has a bit of a point. This movie is brought up over and over to the point where I'm pretty sure almost all members of the forum have seen the scenes. They are probably the most detailed mainstream movie TG changes we're going to be seeing any time soon, but that doesn't necessarily make them that great in comparison to more focused material like, say, any one of Mako's films.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but creating an entire thread just to discuss what certain sound effects mean seems like a waste of time to me. Why don't you just create a centralized thread to talk about this whole Jekyll and Hyde fancy you have going on instead of continually creating more and more threads based around the same subject?

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014   #9
Jake
Frequent Poster

ZDarkness is right. Why not do a Jekyll and Hyde tg story?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014   #10
thelovelyjoanne
Process Fan

Any post about my all time fav tg movie is enough to bring me out of a lurking period! However, Im not averse to a centralised thread if it stops people being grumpy....

I've always found the sfx in the tg sequences fascinating. I think they certainly add to the scene's erotisism.

Another thing I've noticed is that as Jacks/Hyde runs towards the building his/her hips have definitely taken on a more feminine shape. Maybe that explains the noise and shriek as he/she exits the cab door?
thelovelyjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote