free hit counters
Gen V Shrinking Scene - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-05-2023   #13
shrinky428
Frequent Poster

Re: Gen V Shrinking Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
wow, some SW process, did not expect that
I would NOT consider that 'process'.
shrinky428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2023   #14
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Picky picky.
Unread 11-06-2023   #15
Raso719
Frequent Poster

I've commented elsewhere already, but the last scene is the only one I have any real issues with. The disconnect and jump in size was beyond amateurish. It looks like either two scenes were edited without communication between different teams or the super genius and very talented people writing snd directing who deserves thier roles because they are objectively better than other people consciously decided the disconnect between the two shots didn't matter because their enlightened sensibilities are beyond put comprehension.

I mean this an absolute statement of love and appreciation to fetish artists when I say this, but any yahoo on clips4sale could have spliced those scenes together with better visual continuity. Hands down. But I can understand they were likely pressed for time so it makes sense they would cut the extra 3 or 4 seconds of shrinking to keep the episode under an hour since it was pushing really close to the run limit at over 40 minutes long.

I'm not ungrateful for our sexual kink appearing in a mainstream TV show in the slightest. I'm not even mad she was a aide character and that her scenes were likely limited due to budgeting reasons. But I don't owe the show runners silence, as if thier ego would register any critics as anything short of entitlement in the first place. The last shrinking scene simply wasn't that good. It wasn't well done. It felt rushed and poorly edited.
Raso719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2023   #16
Marauder727
Process Fan

In watching what they've done with the character, I'm not sure they're even 100% sure how to handle it. When I first saw the episodes and tried to figure it out, I was under the impression that she purges to shrink and eats to grow. However, based on more recent episodes, it seems as if she may not have as much control over her power / affliction as she thinks she does, which could provide us with some interesting options going forward...if they're allowed to do so.

Most of us, IMO, would like to see full-out, no-holds-barred shrinking, with clothes slipping off, and skin being revealed while the woman squeals in horror as she drops down. Unfortunately, the limits to which television (even that on Amazon or NetFlix) is held keeps them from being able to give us what we would love to see. Instead, we see flashes, hints, suggestions of what we love so much.

I agree, the manner in which this was handled with the most recent scene left me wondering if they're willing to give it the respect it deserves. If you watch behind her (in the blurred background) you can see that she's beginning to shrink and it's obvious that she's getting smaller until they finally pull back and reveal (TA-DA!) she's gone full shrunk without realizing it was happening. It conflicts with what we've seen before, and only raises more questions, but the real question at this point is...will they delve into her condition properly or will they continue to dabble in it in an effort to tantalize us to keep watching, only to be disappointed or confused by how they handle it.
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2023   #17
Doll-Elf
Writer of the Fetishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder727 View Post
In watching what they've done with the character, I'm not sure they're even 100% sure how to handle it. When I first saw the episodes and tried to figure it out, I was under the impression that she purges to shrink and eats to grow. However, based on more recent episodes, it seems as if she may not have as much control over her power / affliction as she thinks she does, which could provide us with some interesting options going forward...if they're allowed to do so.

Most of us, IMO, would like to see full-out, no-holds-barred shrinking, with clothes slipping off, and skin being revealed while the woman squeals in horror as she drops down. Unfortunately, the limits to which television (even that on Amazon or NetFlix) is held keeps them from being able to give us what we would love to see. Instead, we see flashes, hints, suggestions of what we love so much.

I agree, the manner in which this was handled with the most recent scene left me wondering if they're willing to give it the respect it deserves. If you watch behind her (in the blurred background) you can see that she's beginning to shrink and it's obvious that she's getting smaller until they finally pull back and reveal (TA-DA!) she's gone full shrunk without realizing it was happening. It conflicts with what we've seen before, and only raises more questions, but the real question at this point is...will they delve into her condition properly or will they continue to dabble in it in an effort to tantalize us to keep watching, only to be disappointed or confused by how they handle it.

I don't think most of us want to see a shrinking woman screaming in HORROR, that's just you, buddy.
Doll-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2023   #18
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Unhappy Re: Gen V Shrinking Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder727 View Post

OH, there's nothing stopping them from doing it on Amazon. There's been plenty of nudity on that service, that franchise, and that very episode. It's just 90% male nudity. They aren't shy about showing dicks for some reason, but a boob? Oh no, that's not as acceptable.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2023   #19
Raso719
Frequent Poster

It definitely feels like world building and consistency are no longer considered important factors in modern American TV, cinema and streaming. I partly want to blame it on the immense ego of the writers and directors, but honestly it's so wide spread ot must be part of something more systemic.

I feel like there's still a way for them to tie how hee shrinking works into a coherent way but I Higley doubt they care.

I do hope we see a scene where she shrinking out of control. But more so I also hope we get to see her enjoy her shrinking. I feel like the BTS comments inform us how the current creative team views a woman being shrunk. Like her shrinking was 110% consensual and they acted like the worst part wasn't her lame and selfish partner but that she was small. Fuck that. I genuinely believe they writers have established a clear trend that small Emma is bad and big Emma is good. I think if they're going to be consistent about anything they'll hellbent on keeping that message pretty clear.
Raso719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2023   #20
mrsenoreddie
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso719 View Post
I feel like there's still a way for them to tie how hee shrinking works into a coherent way but I Higley doubt they care.

I do hope we see a scene where she shrinking out of control. But more so I also hope we get to see her enjoy her shrinking. I feel like the BTS comments inform us how the current creative team views a woman being shrunk. Like her shrinking was 110% consensual and they acted like the worst part wasn't her lame and selfish partner but that she was small. Fuck that. I genuinely believe they writers have established a clear trend that small Emma is bad and big Emma is good. I think if they're going to be consistent about anything they'll hellbent on keeping that message pretty clear.
Time will tell, it seems either Boys S4 or Gen V S2 will answer that and it's a fars way out.

Best guess Emma controls her powers and finds both sizes great. There's a reason the season ended for Emma tiny since it is tied to her emotions or her state until she gets full control.
mrsenoreddie is offline   Reply With Quote