free hit counters
Need a Little Help Choosing a Pre Sequel Character for a Roland and Axton Player - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-05-2018   #1
jolem
Process Disciple

Need a Little Help Choosing a Pre Sequel Character for a Roland and Axton Player

So my brothers and I are finally getting around to beating Borderlands 2 and then moving on with the Pre Sequel thanks to the Handsome Collection being available on sale a couple weeks ago. We beat the main game last week and are now working on beating all the DLC areas and will soon start playing the Pre Sequel. The problem is that there seems to be no one who specializes in Assault Rifles like Roland and Axton in the Pre and I really like using these guns as my main weapon (and then my other three main weapons are Shotguns, Elemental Sniper Rifles, and Explosive only Rocket Launchers). Though I may have to stress that the kind of Assault Rifles I really like are the Vladoof and Bandit Rifles, the kind of Assault Rifles where I can just hold the shoot button down and fire away. I read up and researched a bit on Wilhelm and he seems to be the closest one to those two but he doesn't seems to have skills that benefit my favorite gun type (it actually powers up all gun types) until the very end of his middle skill tree.

So I was pretty much wary of choosing him until my brother suggested the Jack Doppelganger who apparently has the same somewhat turret type skill as Roland and Axton in the form of his Digi-Jacks. Jack's skill trees seems to favor all guns in various ways besides gun damage and the only way his guns get even stronger from them are available from kill skills and other kind of abilities that stack based on the player's actions. Something that I'm not really used to as I never chose those kinds of abilities as Axton besides that regenerating ability from having a full shield.

So now I'm torn between the two, that is until I watched the Best Laser Weapon video and watch a "Jack Review" that shows his gameplay along with the lasers and found out that the laser weapons are more or less like different versions of all gun types which made me lean a lot more toward Wilhelm. However, because that the video was more about the Best Lasers and not lasers in general, I can't really use that as a way to get a good idea on how they work. If there really are lasers that work like the kind of Assault Rifles that I liked to use (From what I can I remember from the video there's one that shoot a steady stream or fire like the Assault Rifles), then maybe choosing Wilhelm is not a bad idea since he does seem to be the one filling the roles that Roland and Axton have for that game. But if I want to use the Assault Rifles that I want and make them stronger, I have wait on Wilhelm and Jack to get better much later.

Basically I need a bit more in-depth help on the workings of how lasers work when considering Wilhelm and the bonuses Jack provides to him stronger and his Digi Jacks. There was a thread in gamefaqs where someone asked which guns are best for each character and there was a list of which character is good at, though I think the OP at the time wanted a bit more information besides a simple list of each characters. Although with the Pre Sequel only a couple of characters have skills that are tailored to a few gun types at the start of their skill trees. I'm guess I'm more or less like that guy, but instead of asking which gun each character is good at, I'm asking which one is better with Assault Rifles and if lasers are like them or have types lasers that act like them.

Edit: I just realized much later how much of a bad idea it is to ask here for help, especially if I wanted as soon as possible. I'm sure someone would help me one day, but I'll be copy and pasting this thread on DA for a bit more quicker help from lots of other Borderlands Pre Sequel players. Though I haven't continued on in my quest to complete the other DLCs recently, especially since my brother will be playing Spiderman later today (Friday). I kinda need the advice a bit sooner rather than later, so I hope you'll understand why I'll move it to somewhere else. Also I'll update the main part to how my brothers got the Handsome Collection because it was on sale here, which is why we're playing it now.

Last edited by jolem; 09-06-2018 at 10:56 PM.
jolem is offline   Reply With Quote