free hit counters
Not sure what to call this.. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-17-2007   #1
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Not sure what to call this..

I don't even know exactly where the appeal came from for this one. Not even sure it qualifies as a TF either. Only seen it happen a few times to start with, and it normally implies death of the character (though some TFs would too like permanent inanimate TFs would I guess). It's not bloody or gruesome in anyway. I guess I would call it "vanishing" or something. Basically when a character disappears or disintegrates while leaving their empty clothes behind. Either they've been teleported someplace and their clothes didn't or they got vaporized. So.. TFed into thin air? I dunno, but that's the weirdest thing I could think of for the moment.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007   #2
blackshirtboy
Process Master

like the new war of the worlds movie? the crazy ray thing that killed people and made thier clothes fly up in the air?
Unread 10-18-2007   #3
Dontino
Bored of being an asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshirtboy View Post
like the new war of the worlds movie? the crazy ray thing that killed people and made thier clothes fly up in the air?
That was so cool!
I loved the part when <spoilers> they were on the island and it was raining clothing. </spoilers>
Dontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007   #4
TF-Viewer

Yeah, that's one example of it I guess. btw.. we don't actually have a spoilers tag
Unread 10-18-2007   #5
Dontino
Bored of being an asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Yeah, that's one example of it I guess. btw.. we don't actually have a spoilers tag
That's why I made my own.
Dontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007   #6
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Actually, I have to admit that I do have a particular interest in this subject, spawns on by the old mermaid and prince story. Remember the Disney movie little mermaid? Same story, only the mermaid failed her quest and she turned into bubbles. However, due to the... nature of this kind of tf, I avoid indulging in it as in nearly every possible situation or spin on it, the character is killed in a terrible, but interesting way.

One of the few times I ever did indulged it, however, was shortly after I did the first Request and Sketch thread, in which Kagome inhaled a demon bubble and had it inflate her from the inside. The thing is, there's an entire alternate version of that which I 'wrote' up where instead of just turning into a bubble filled balloon she actually burst, turning into bubbles herself. In this case, the bubbles were her essence which her companions unwittingly inhaled. Was going to do a long branching story with different processes occurring to her companions based on their emotions and whatnot, but in a lot of cases the branches would end on a 'bad' ending, either another demon bubble would enter one of the characters and burst Kagome bubble or even burst Kagome AND whatever character that part of her essence was in. All in all, a fun idea but a bit too 'bad end' for me to entirely indulge in back then. Every once in a while I look back at it for ways to improve it. ^^;
Unread 01-19-2012   #7
Nansen
New user

Disappearance process

I came across a sequence at the very end of that clip. I made a search on the whole forum with the words "disappearance" and "vanishing", and I found only this thread. I thought there would be more on this, since you do come across it from time to time, not necessarily in a gloomy way.

I would call it "disappearance process", and to me it totally qualifies as process.

So enjoy.
Nansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012   #8
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Re: Not sure what to call this..

Rapture media will usually have things like this, although they're really low budget so they'll just show the clothes lying on the ground after the event.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012   #9
TF-Viewer

Little update for this.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8586601/ before
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8586892/ after

This one was linked in an earlier thread
but it still goes here technically, wish I could change the thread title to something else though. Might make a new one later and just relink everything after I think of a proper name for it.
Unread 08-07-2012   #10
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

While it's a male version, who could forget Obi-Won's 'death' in Star Wars Episode IV? Death in body, but it allowed him to become an immortal spirit form.

I recall back on the Nickelodeon series "Allen Strange" a male version of said process happened as well. Basically, a mold on some bread got radically evolved into a perfect copy of some guy at the kids' school, and at the very end he got evolved even more until he phased out into thin air. It was explained, however, that he became a higher form of existence by becoming one with everything on Earth.

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW*

While it's not exactly the same, the end of humanity in 'End of Evangelion' seems similar. Rather than disappearing, everyone's AT Fields were compromised and reduced their bodies to basic LCL while their souls gathered to a unified existence (until Shinji trolled them at the end).
Basically

Missa the host
a rental van with 10 fetishists aboard
a film crew
a road map of tf shrines and areas of interest
and drive the van and its fetishists around to f/x labs,
Sleepy Hollow,etc as the passengers discuss their fetish

IOW
turn the camera on yourselfs to make a documentary about
your RL kinks due to the fetish
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012   #11
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Ichimonji View Post

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW*

While it's not exactly the same, the end of humanity in 'End of Evangelion' seems similar. Rather than disappearing, everyone's AT Fields were compromised and reduced their bodies to basic LCL while their souls gathered to a unified existence (until Shinji trolled them at the end).
That show confused the fuck outta me, especially the ending. I was also disappointed we didn't get to see any of the girls melt, they showed some of the guys and they showed some female clothing in puddles later but not the female liquification process itself.
Unread 08-07-2012   #12
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

Yeah, all we see of Maya LCL-ifying is her arm. I suppose Anno had some tiny, microscopic sense of mercy and decided to make her 'death' less graphic by just showing the arm and hand. Wait, Anno had emotions other than angst and misery? WTF???

Kidding aside, the closest thing I've seen in the manga I've read are:

-'Yomeiro Choice' near the end, one of the daughters disappears COMPLETELY and all that's left is the blanket she was sleeping in while in her seat.

-'DNA^2' at the end with the future daughter being wiped from existence because the future was changed. Almost felt sorry for her, but she was still bat-shit crazy with an Electra-Complex.

My web-comic series 'Time Paradox!' (still haven't updated in ages...) was originally going to feature a scene where a future child of one of the characters shows up and sporadically disappears every time her future mother says 'I won't have any kids' and subsequently pops back into existence when the future mother then says 'I WILL have kids'...and some how the future child was going to get pissed off that her future mother keeps making her phase in and out of existence repeatedly for fun.

Hm... maybe I can make that fit into the revamped plot somehow...
Basically

Missa the host
a rental van with 10 fetishists aboard
a film crew
a road map of tf shrines and areas of interest
and drive the van and its fetishists around to f/x labs,
Sleepy Hollow,etc as the passengers discuss their fetish

IOW
turn the camera on yourselfs to make a documentary about
your RL kinks due to the fetish
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote