free hit counters
Writing.com Interactive Expansion stories - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-11-2008   #13
YouDontWantToKnow
DO NOT E-MAIL ME!

Re: Writing.com Interactive Expansion stories

I must disagree with you on the point of stifling creativity: I see my rules as a way to prevent people from ending stories early, and to come up with more inventive ways to write, just like mystery story writers often do when they come up with a story.
YouDontWantToKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008   #14
B-mage
Lurker... Zerg Lurker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDontWantToKnow View Post
I must disagree with you on the point of stifling creativity: I see my rules as a way to prevent people from ending stories early, and to come up with more inventive ways to write, just like mystery story writers often do when they come up with a story.
I suppose "stifling creativity" was to harsh a description to use.
But still I personaly don't see much interest in writing a story where the ending premise is already laid out. It's mainly becuase I don't like to write stories where the weight gain is unable to spead through either normal social ties or special circumstances (or in this case may but at some point must be reversed even if the flow of the gain from one person to another is natural).

Regardless, despite our differeing veiws I hope you can find people who agree with you and want to add you your story
B-mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008   #15
Kyrex
The Thread Ender

I'd just like to point out that, as an interactive story, there will always be chances for any author to take the story in any number of other directions. Though you may have an intended focus, such as a specific branch that gets developed and written for more than others, don't be afraid to let things branch into other directions.

For instance, that second options, where Usagi is forced to buy a lot of fattening foods. It could start with her buying a lot of junk food and continue into her sharing all her snacks with her friends. Hell, maybe it could turn out that she bought a whole lot of negaverse tainted foods that speed up her gaining.
Kyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008   #16
YouDontWantToKnow
DO NOT E-MAIL ME!

As I pointed out in my introduction, this story takes place in an alternate universe: that means NO magical girls, NO baddies, and NO reincarnations.
Unread 05-11-2008   #17
B-mage
Lurker... Zerg Lurker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDontWantToKnow View Post
As I pointed out in my introduction, this story takes place in an alternate universe: that means NO magical girls, NO baddies, and NO reincarnations.
it says nothing about no magic or no bad guys, it just says alternate universe which could mean anything. Are you saying this is a universe where they are normal girls and not sailor scouts fighting evil?
Unread 05-11-2008   #18
YouDontWantToKnow
DO NOT E-MAIL ME!

Yes, I should have had this clarified in my introduction. I'll go update it now.
Unread 05-11-2008   #19
Kyrex
The Thread Ender

Actually, you just mention that it's an alternate universe, not that it doesn't involve any of the magic or Moon stuff...
Personally, I think it's a bad move to try and remove so much of the stuff that gives Sailor Moon substance.
Kyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008   #20
YouDontWantToKnow
DO NOT E-MAIL ME!

Again, I believe that this will force writers to be more creative with their stories. Besides, there's no rule at all in my story that says that the food could have been contaminated by an experimental formula that promotes weight gain, for instance.
Unread 05-11-2008   #21
B-mage
Lurker... Zerg Lurker!

I dunno, food contamination by an experimental drug would be hard to find it's way into the public market place since they don't experment on foods in the same place food is processed, even if it's a greedy company thats tryingto make thier food more addictive they would do tests in a lab far from where the food is prepared...
*glances at the bad plots thread*

Also if they aren't moon princesses then they have no reason to meet each other, don't they all come together because they are the sailor scouts?
Unread 05-11-2008   #22
YouDontWantToKnow
DO NOT E-MAIL ME!

That is up to other authors to decide; after all, I still retain control of the story, but the only thing that I'll delete are entries that violate the rules laid out, entries that are poorly written (but if the idea's good, I'll copy it down before deleting it, edit it, and replace it, giving credit to the original author) or entries that don't really add anything to the story.