free hit counters
Comic Talk - She-Hulk #1 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-17-2014   #1
JBird
Casual Artist

Comic Talk - She-Hulk #1

I haven't done a Topic Talk thread in a long while. Figured I'd share my thoughts on the new She-Hulk on-going title, from Charles Soule and Javier Pulido. A comic so nice, I read it twice! No, really. And that's a rare thing for me.

This issue was everything I wanted a She-Hulk book to be: a lighthearted courtroom drama. Which is pretty similar to Dan Slott's series, only with less fourth-wall-breaking. There isn't much in the way of super-heroing, save for an off-panel robot battle. Charles Soule definitely nails Jen's personality, in my opinion. Just the right amount of professionalism and sass. The only other thing I can mention about this issue was that it sure was wordy; and I mean that in the best way possible. Far too many comics, lately, don't offer much in the way of actual reading substance. At least, the ones I've been reading.

I know most people feel differently, but I think Javier Pulido's art was simply wonderful. Sometimes it's good to see minimalistic illustrations in comic books. I especially love how expressive he makes Jennifer. And whenever Pulido does draw backgrounds, there's always a little something going on that catches the eye. On a side note, I would recommend the Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Black Cat for more of his gorgeous artwork; good story, too.

If you love the Jade Giantess, then this book will be a no-brainer. For $2.99, it's more than worth getting.

For anyone who wants it digitally, here's a link to Comixology: http://www.comixology.com/She-Hulk-2...al-comic/70311
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, she-hulk