free hit counters
SHORT TIME ebook on sale - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2018   #1
scidram
Frequent Poster
 
scidram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 126
SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Hey everyone!

This week, I'm running a 99 cent promo sale of my shrinking woman mystery thriller Short Time at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks, Kobo, and other online retailers. Lots of process, as it's a slow shrink. Here's the Amazon link:

www.amazon.com/Short-Time-Syrus-Durham-ebook/dp/B00L70WF50

Book summary:

In 27.6 hours, Suzanne Sawyer will cease to exist.

With little tolerance for error and a desire for immediate results, she relentlessly pushes her scientific research team forward with one goal in mind: miniaturizing organic matter. Though they resent her treatment of them, they know they’re on the verge of a breakthrough. While preparing for their latest test, a computer malfunction traps Suzanne inside the reduction chamber. Her team tries to power down the system and unlock the door, but they are seconds too late. After a blinding flash of light, Suzanne is knocked unconscious.

She wakes up in the familiar surroundings of the lab, angered by the team’s failure which cost her a few inches of her height. As time passes, her desk chair rises higher and her clothes grow looser. The exposure is still taking effect, and calculations confirm that she’s shrinking at an alarming rate of two and a half inches per hour. Her team must quickly develop a method to stop and reverse the process—and save Suzanne’s life—before time runs out. As the lab and its occupants loom larger, she investigates the mishap only to discover that it wasn’t an accident.

Someone wanted her to disappear.
__________________
My SW novels Short Time, Desperate Measures, and How the Chips May Fall are available at:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Syrus-Durham/e..._athr_dp_pel_1
scidram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #2
qzar9999
The Man,the Myth,the Mod.
 
qzar9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 6,098
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

In case anyone out there doesn't already know -

This is a pretty damn good slow shrink mystery story. 99 cents is a steal.
__________________
Tace atque abi. Plenus stercoris est.

Editor/Writer, Shrink Fan and Transform Fan

Check out Interweb Comics on Twitter or Instagram for all kinds of fun, sexy stuff covering multiple fetishes!

Cezar's Comix - New 9/10! http://www.e-junkie.com/cezarscomix

My eBooks at amzn.to/1CDS22w or bit.ly/1BZqaCp

Quidquid Latine dictum altum videtur.

My DeviantArt.

Full list of my stories here.

How I feel when certain users post anything.
qzar9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #3
Knightstable
Process Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 52
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

I’ve puchased this before but just bought it again to support. Your stuff is fantastic I can only hope something new will be coming soon?
Knightstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #4
scidram
Frequent Poster
 
scidram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 126
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightstable View Post
I’ve puchased this before but just bought it again to support. Your stuff is fantastic I can only hope something new will be coming soon?
Awww...thanks so much!

No guarantees, but I hope to have a summer release. Maybe something from my back catalog.
__________________
My SW novels Short Time, Desperate Measures, and How the Chips May Fall are available at:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Syrus-Durham/e..._athr_dp_pel_1
scidram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018   #5
Aussie_Lurker
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 167
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

You don't need to tell me twice .
Aussie_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018   #6
Captain Ash
Adventurer
 
Captain Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 700
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

I agree.
This book has great moments where I had to thrill with the shrinking heroine.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018   #7
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author
 
Janus Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 559
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Well I'm pretty sure most folks know my glowing, mostly, endorsements for this author.

If I didn't have it, I'd go buy it again.
__________________
Find me at...
The Incorrigible Author,
Smashwords, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Google + or Google +, Pintrest, Tumblr, Deviant Art, Steam, Twitch, YouTube, Goodreads

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018   #8
sally g
Contributor
 
sally g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 134
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

I can only agree with the sentiments expressed above.. this gentleman can really write!

I've only read 'Desperate Measures' which was just up my alley regarding size scale and the circumstances of the plot, so I'm not sure I'll find a slow shrink scenario so tempting (it's really not my bag). However, I might give it whirl at some point because of the authors pedigree.

Good luck with your ventures, sir.
sally g is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018   #9
ckent45
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 29
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally g View Post
I can only agree with the sentiments expressed above.. this gentleman can really write!

I've only read 'Desperate Measures' which was just up my alley regarding size scale and the circumstances of the plot, so I'm not sure I'll find a slow shrink scenario so tempting (it's really not my bag). However, I might give it whirl at some point because of the authors pedigree.

Good luck with your ventures, sir.
As you said, Scidram can write, and I can tell you that Short Time is well worth the read. The slow shrink isn't so much a fantasy thing in this as it is a plot device, and he uses it to great effect. Never read anything by Scidram for the kink. Read it because he writes great stories. We're just lucky that he gives us stories that align with our kink.
ckent45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2018   #10
sally g
Contributor
 
sally g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 134
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckent45 View Post
As you said, Scidram can write, and I can tell you that Short Time is well worth the read. The slow shrink isn't so much a fantasy thing in this as it is a plot device, and he uses it to great effect. Never read anything by Scidram for the kink. Read it because he writes great stories. We're just lucky that he gives us stories that align with our kink.
I agree about the not reading just because of the "kink", but it is an important factor. A lot of Mins stories (for example) were well crafted and enoyable reads (back in the day when I could read comfortably when my eyes worked better), but his size preferences were always too small for my tastes and they predominate in most of his work. I'm not complaining of this of course, because I think a writer should write from his soul and not from the viewpoint of what others might prefer.

However, what you've said about the slow shrink scenario being a plot device and being used to great effect is encouraging. Which I take on board willingly, as your advice is something I value.

ps. Talking as we are about writers who can really write.. how is it going with your own work?
sally g is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2018   #11
ckent45
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 29
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally g View Post
I agree about the not reading just because of the "kink", but it is an important factor. A lot of Mins stories (for example) were well crafted and enoyable reads (back in the day when I could read comfortably when my eyes worked better), but his size preferences were always too small for my tastes and they predominate in most of his work. I'm not complaining of this of course, because I think a writer should write from his soul and not from the viewpoint of what others might prefer.

However, what you've said about the slow shrink scenario being a plot device and being used to great effect is encouraging. Which I take on board willingly, as your advice is something I value.

ps. Talking as we are about writers who can really write.. how is it going with your own work?
Scidram is very good about using these scenarios as a strong plot device first and foremost. Sci makes his women much smaller than I like, though I love his slow shrink scenarios. My biggest problem with Short Time is that the heroine spends so little time at a very reasonable height of 35.3" tall (give or take), but it's just a fun read from beginning to end.

I don't want to hijack Sci's thread, but I will answer: I think Sci's dedicated readership speaks best to how good of a writer he is, while I'm lucky to get 25 reads of a chapter for my work, unless it's a steamy scene, which brings a few more in. Work continues as Erica is progressing into another stage of her development toward her eventual resolution,but I'm also not really writing a "book" or anything on any scale like that. Erica's path is just a very long, difficult one for her, so I guess it's more of... documenting her progress. She's striking out on her own as a tiny business woman right now.
ckent45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2018   #12
scidram
Frequent Poster
 
scidram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 126
Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Thanks, everyone, for the support and kind words. I'm grateful for my creativity and writing skills, but even more blessed that I'm able to share my work with people who also enjoy it. I've strived to have depth of scenario and transcend just the kink (though I do enjoy me some SW sex scenes as well), and I'm glad many of you enjoy my work for whatever reasons you enjoy it.
__________________
My SW novels Short Time, Desperate Measures, and How the Chips May Fall are available at:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Syrus-Durham/e..._athr_dp_pel_1
scidram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.