free hit counters
TF stories that aren't super short. - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-03-2022   #49
RosyMiranto18
Lurker

Re: TF stories that aren't super short.

Well, it is a sad thing that you decided to leave but it's a perfectly understandable decision. I definitely see your decision there and i'm sorry that it took me this long to say anything about it. Even though i'm sad at your decision to delete your old stories once more, at least most of them that i loved and cherish for the past years are still in my hands and i'm happy to share it back to you if you ever need it again. I guess this is a farewell then, so... Good luck for your future endeavors too. Thanks you for all the hard work that you wrote in the past.
RosyMiranto18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2022   #50
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Not even interested in writing for myself. I can keep stuff like that in my head if I feel like letting the imagination run wild, writing it down feels like a chore at this point. But more than that I don’t actually like any of my own stuff, I don't think it's worth a damn. And when I was writing I was just trying to emulate the styles of others, I have no actual writing talent of my own to speak of. I just read a bunch of other people's stories, thought they were good and tried to do my own version of something like that. No skill, no talent, just imitation.

I'm well and truly done with the whole thing.

Edit: changed my mind about leaving my stuff on FA. I'd remove it from here too but I'm too lazy to edit all those posts.
For what it's worth, I always believed your writing to be excellent. Taking inspiration from other authors you like is key to the process of growing yourself as a writer and you shouldn't feel in the least ashamed of it. I know it's likely hard to feel that way at the moment as I can tell you're quite low, but writing isn't a talent, it's a skill that you work on. It's clear that you honed your skill to a fine edge, and your ideas were so varied and unique it's clear they came from a highly creative mind.

I still say do what's best for you, but nevertheless I hope it helps to have your ability recognized. I would legitimately read non-fetish fiction by you were you ever to make it, and I really hope even if you must step back from creating that you are doing well in the other arenas of your life.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2022   #51
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

too true others dont see the struggle to get there just the end product.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2022   #52
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

I decided not to delete my actual DA account, as I would be missing out on some quality stuff from others.

Last edited by TF-Viewer; 09-10-2022 at 10:56 AM.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2022   #53
KingOmega
Leecher

a shame to hear you call it quits but it was nice while it lasted
KingOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2022   #54
Akrystos
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Not even interested in writing for myself. I can keep stuff like that in my head if I feel like letting the imagination run wild, writing it down feels like a chore at this point. But more than that I don’t actually like any of my own stuff, I don't think it's worth a damn. And when I was writing I was just trying to emulate the styles of others, I have no actual writing talent of my own to speak of. I just read a bunch of other people's stories, thought they were good and tried to do my own version of something like that. No skill, no talent, just imitation.

I'm well and truly done with the whole thing.

Edit: changed my mind about leaving my stuff on FA. I'd remove it from here too but I'm too lazy to edit all those posts.
Just wanted to thank you for sharing your stories as you did.
They have always been my favourite take on the genre, and they have inspired me whenever I created something of my own.
Akrystos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2022   #55
TF-Viewer

You guys are making me feel bad about quitting. I quit because I don't think my stories are good, because I rarely feel motivation to try to write more of them and when I do feel like it I have no time to do it. I tell people I'm going to work on stories but then because either my motivation slipped away again or time didn't permit it and then I feel I let what few fans I had down. I don't even know why anyone liked them to start with. I don't know how to fucking write, I don't know how to put a story together, I didn't even do well in writing classes in school. So when people say these stories are good, I don't get it, and I don't really believe it. To me it just seems disingenuous, like they're just being nice, or they happen to think the werewolf smut was smutty enough for their purposes. The last story I actually tried on, worked on for hours, didn't even get a single solitary comment from the one person I wanted to actually hear back from on it. That felt bad, that told me they didn't like it, but they also didn't have the heart to tell me they didn't like the thing that I worked hard on. Even my best stuff barely got noticed, barely got faved, and even less often got commented on. So I feel like a worthless wannabe TF writer who wasted who knows how much of their life trying to do something they aren't meant to do and shouldn't have tried to do in the fucking first place. So what the fuck am I supposed to do? If I don't quit I'm just going to continue to be this no skill wannabe writer who couldn't story their way out of a wet paper bag, or I do quit and people keep sending messages about how great they think my awful stories were. I probably have gotten more feedback from people when I tell them I'm done writing these things than I ever did when I was actually writing them.

I can't change how I feel about my stories, I think they suck, and I don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Because if my stories didn't suck, why weren't they ever popular? I got maybe two requests in total in like the 8 years I was doing it off and on, I turned them both down, but good writers had to beat requesters off with a stick. I never had the problems that plague legitimately good artists, that's how I know that my stuff is terrible. That's why I'm not doing this anymore, I'm not going to keep writing if I know it's bad, even if people tell me otherwise, the silence I get is more telling than the handful of people who claim to like any of it. If I thought for a minute I was actually good at this shit, I would keep at it, and I would probably be in no short supply of inspiration to keep going. The lack of feedback, even negative feedback for fuck's sake if someone didn't like it, kills my will to write, because it tells me I'm not worth even the negative criticism someone might have had.
Unread 09-12-2022   #56
LycanDope
Smutty Lady

Did you get a lot of favorites on your stories?

I quite writing for a long time over 4 years ago for a little bit of the same reason - barely any comments and feedback. I mean, granted, I wasn't (still kind of aren't) very active in the community socially outside of my tiny area but, still, it sucked.

I'd still get a lot of likes and some random comments but a good chunk of stories never got feedback. I was going to give up since it didn't feel like it was worth the effort until someone suggested I create a Patreon.

That made a pretty big difference. I set it up, created a Discord server and started being a little more talkative and active. It's been 4 years since I started it and it's kept me writing and since I have a little community, I get a little more feedback from my interactions.

I've seen your name mentioned as a writer that people enjoy, when it came unprompted. So I know that people aren't just humoring you.

If you don't feel like it's worth it and you're not enjoying it, don't keep doing it. But, if you enjoy it and just need an extra push, maybe look for something like Patreon to help give you a bit more of a reason to keep going. Maybe a similar situation will work for you like it did for me. But, only if you don't hate writing smut itself.
Unread 09-12-2022   #57
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanDope View Post
Did you get a lot of favorites on your stories?

I quite writing for a long time over 4 years ago for a little bit of the same reason - barely any comments and feedback. I mean, granted, I wasn't (still kind of aren't) very active in the community socially outside of my tiny area but, still, it sucked.

I'd still get a lot of likes and some random comments but a good chunk of stories never got feedback. I was going to give up since it didn't feel like it was worth the effort until someone suggested I create a Patreon.

That made a pretty big difference. I set it up, created a Discord server and started being a little more talkative and active. It's been 4 years since I started it and it's kept me writing and since I have a little community, I get a little more feedback from my interactions.

I've seen your name mentioned as a writer that people enjoy, when it came unprompted. So I know that people aren't just humoring you.

If you don't feel like it's worth it and you're not enjoying it, don't keep doing it. But, if you enjoy it and just need an extra push, maybe look for something like Patreon to help give you a bit more of a reason to keep going. Maybe a similar situation will work for you like it did for me. But, only if you don't hate writing smut itself.

That's the big difference between us though. You're actually good at writing, I'm not. Nobody's ever suggested something like that to me, why would they. As if anybody would pay money to read my garbage attempts at writing.

I know you mean well, I don't want to sound like a complete jerk, but enough already. I'm just venting my frustrations at this point, not looking for actual advice or for someone to encourage me to try again. All I can think about is how I'm not good enough, and how stupid it was of me to post any of my lame stories to begin with.

And no, my stories didn't get many faves. I think a good portion of the followers I got must have been bots that follow random shit trying to get people to follow back.

I'm being a huge downer and I'm sorry, ok.
Unread 09-14-2022   #58
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Seriously you dont owe the community content.
Unread 09-15-2022   #59
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Seriously you dont owe the community content.
I know that. I just don't like disappointing people. But whatever, it doesn't matter. Even if I worked my fingers to the bone typing up a novel's worth of TF stories each week the most I would see is a handful of replies that would when combined almost make a paragraph. I don't get paid to do it, not that anyone would pay me to do it, so I'm under no obligation to continue. I put time into writing, time into thinking up what I want to write before I ever have time to sit down and write it, time that's all ultimately wasted because all of five people ever commented on my work. It's simply not worth the effort.

To think, even as recently as yesterday I was still entertaining the idea of rewriting the end of 'Night Classes' , who would that have been for? I was already content with that story, but it got like 3 replies between 2 sites. So I figure something must be wrong with it, I must have fucked it all up, oh well. Not doing it now.

Unread 09-15-2022   #60
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

I uploaded a comic and this one person wanted me to draw more stating that "its not finished where is the rest" we just block people who contact us now. ;^_^