free hit counters
It's the little things. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-21-2018   #1
thunderwing
Process Fan

It's the little things.

If you're browsing on this forum, you probably like transformation - more so than most people, even. And there are probably other sub-categories you like -
shrinking, muscle growth, feet, or what have you. But now I'm asking: what are the little things you appreciate in your transformation fiction?

For instance, I really enjoy human body modifications carrying over to the inhuman final form - a permanent reminder that the transformee was human to begin with. A werewolf with a shock of magenta hair, a mermaid with a lip ring, a space alien with a lower back tattoo...it just does it for me. How about you?
thunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #2
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Re: It's the little things.

I the idea of someone learning to live with a condition, like trying to hide it or having outfits that fit their new form.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #3
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Horror, and pain also. These things give some realistic sense to a TF that otherwise would be only a "magical" effect.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #4
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwing View Post
If you're browsing on this forum, you probably like transformation - more so than most people, even. And there are probably other sub-categories you like -
shrinking, muscle growth, feet, or what have you. But now I'm asking: what are the little things you appreciate in your transformation fiction?

For instance, I really enjoy human body modifications carrying over to the inhuman final form - a permanent reminder that the transformee was human to begin with. A werewolf with a shock of magenta hair, a mermaid with a lip ring, a space alien with a lower back tattoo...it just does it for me. How about you?
I do like stuff like that too. I actually had something like that in an old werewolf story. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/23429896/
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2018   #5
Amahain
Process Master

Yup, I agree with the body modifications, if applicable. It's not necessary to my enjoyment of the TF, but if the TFee had a tattoo, piercings, or dyed hair, I feel it should carry over.

Beyond that, "rippage" is probably a common detail enjoyed by many here. In the few TF stories that I've written, I've tried to pay attention to how certain items of clothing would tear as the character changes.

Subtle changes leading up to larger changes is another favourite when there's a long buildup to the TF (eg. the weeks after a werewolf attack). This includes behaviour and sensory changes (eg. a woman bitten by a werewolf craving meat and having an improved sense of smell). But also physical changes, like maybe her neatly trimmed bush has gone a bit wild, or she experiences minor aches as her body prepares to transform.
Unread 01-21-2018   #6
EduartBoudewijn
Tf artist

Definitely the smaller details of a character carrying over into their new form; this can include small things like (body) jewelry or makeup, but also other things, like a character's hair color carrying over (either standing out from their new fur color, or blending into it); or their body size carrying over (So a larger individual turns into a larger specimen and a smaller individual turns into a smaller one).
EduartBoudewijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #7
soniagreene
Frequent Poster

My things : 1. Hair and eyes(and other human characteristics carrying over) 2. Humiliation from the TF(and the humiliation after the TF too) 3. TF involving mammals, especially livestock(I dislike reptiles, fishes, insects and avians.) 4. Most importantly, the overall theme being 'fairytale' like(involving victims being princesses), and 'magical' TFs(poof TFs are okay by me), not science(if it can be avoided). It's because although I love TFs, I draw the line between TFs and real life, and I find the idea of TFs happening in our everyday world quite frightening(and against human rights), akin to a horror novel. Especially if the TF method is 'scientific'. It also almost always leads to downer ending, with the TF being permanent. I prefer 'fairytale' 'magical' and 'medieval' TFs because with magic involved, it leaves some hopes for the reversal and the happy ending(I LOVE happy endings and hopes). Also it is evident that the story is 'fantasy', so the TF is free from human rights issues. I'm writing this because someone had asked me quite a similar question back in DA('what is your opinion on medieval TFs?' which I took to mean 'Why you keep on drawing princess tfs?') which I didn't managed to answer, and seeing this question brought up memories of it
soniagreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #8
soniagreene
Frequent Poster

Also it quite pains me that not a lot of TF artists share my stance, since it's very, very, VERY hard to find TF artwork that fits my vision(most of TFs are SF), and good tf arts are so hard to find recently
soniagreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #9
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniagreene View Post
Also it quite pains me that not a lot of TF artists share my stance, since it's very, very, VERY hard to find TF artwork that fits my vision(most of TFs are SF), and good tf arts are so hard to find recently
I'll try and fit some of your ideas into my next project after I'm done moving house.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018   #10
Jbrey
Frequent Poster

For me one thing I quite enjoy is normally after a TF revert, since I don't do permanent TF's my characters end up back to normal after a while, so basically the person retains some kind of reminder of the changes they underwent but they aren't aware of those changes being present.

An example of this would be, college girl turns into a rat girl and a day later she turns back to normal but she thinks it was all a dream, so she goes off to some kind of family event unaware that she has either large front teeth, rounder ears or a long tail, she receives stares from people and then she gets to her family's house and they all freak out over said change to her.

something like that at least, it's a little different to what everyone else has said but I guess it can kinda fit in this topic. sorry if this is the wrong topic for this, I just assumed with everyone talking about something carrying over and such.
Jbrey is offline   Reply With Quote