free hit counters
MK VS DC: Kitana'a Fatality 01 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Body Inflation and Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-04-2008   #1
GLKnight83
Process Disciple

MK VS DC: Kitana'a Fatality 01

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but...

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=IkaG01Ujt3U
GLKnight83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #2
gokowildheart
Process Fan

Re: MK VS DC: Kitana'a Fatality 01

The makers of this.... this ... i cant even call it a game really cut back on everything... the MK 2 version of this was better thats just how bad it is but a .. mm intresting find ??
gokowildheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #3
Crinos
Frequent Poster

Yeah, I mean in the first one it was a proper inflation.

But this... just sucks.
Crinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #4
Vejita00
Master of The Universe

Well I think they mostly want it to look more painful and out of control. Its still crappy for any kind of inflation though.
Unread 12-05-2008   #5
BMan25
Oh Ya! You Want Her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejita00 View Post
Well I think they mostly want it to look more painful and out of control. Its still crappy for any kind of inflation though.
Agree, it looks pretty bad! Nothing like MK2.
BMan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #6
Vejita00
Master of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan25 View Post
Agree, it looks pretty bad! Nothing like MK2.
There are a lot of really good sprite makers out there. I am surprised no one has ever tried to make an updated version of the MK2 fatality.
Unread 12-05-2008   #7
VahnBlack
Leecher

*unburrows* Because MK does not use sprites, it's 2d renderization of either 3d models or real life photos, it would be easier to work with SNK sprites and their insane color scheme than working with MK graphs (that aren't sprites), good quality wise I mean... If quality is out of question any schmo can go into photoshop and distort it with some spherization tool and call it a day... *burrows and goes back to lurking*
VahnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #8
Vejita00
Master of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahnBlack View Post
*unburrows* Because MK does not use sprites, it's 2d renderization of either 3d models or real life photos, it would be easier to work with SNK sprites and their insane color scheme than working with MK graphs (that aren't sprites), good quality wise I mean... If quality is out of question any schmo can go into photoshop and distort it with some spherization tool and call it a day... *burrows and goes back to lurking*
Well what I meant was. Why not make a sprite from scratch? I've seen a lot of very well made sprites of original characters made from scratch for use in other games. An example is some of the stuff that AD had commissioned.
Unread 12-05-2008   #9
VahnBlack
Leecher

*unburrows* Most "new" sprites out there are sprite edits, only a handful are made from from scratch, and even then those have a very unique "style" that feels out of place next to sprites from other games. Making sprites from scratch isn't impossible, but making a WHOLE working character from scratch that's a complete different beast, now imagine make everything else? many characters, with many animations, making a simple character edit for Great Dragon took me 2 days, and i couldn't bring myself to make the second step of her idle animation up to this day (for different reasons, but the biggest one being that I'm a sprite editor, not a sprite maker, i feel bad about it).

If you've seen that many I'd love to seem em myself, cuz so far those are far in between among ocean the edited ones.

Another factor in that equation is that not everybody is obsessed with body inflation, and could care less to make a sprite of someone inflating and exploding. (remember, that would require an inflating animation for every character that is in the same game that Kitana would be, be her re-done from scratch or not) and there are over nine thousand other ways to kill someone (and at least half of em are way cooler than kitana's inflatalaty), add that the competent sprite artists are even fewer that share our interests, so it all piles up in the unlikely chance of what you propose.

(WARNING) hxxp://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/vahnblack/?action=view&current=dizzyexpoa.gif (WARNING she explodes) i made this one over 3 years ago, and its one crappy example of a half arsed animation, and it took me quite awhile to do, and i can say that i took the shortcut to finish it too. Making a still sprite of a character is one thing, even tho that frankenripping cuts the job exponentially, it's still a very troublesome thing to do. Only the most driven and passionate of people (or some lucky bastard being paid mad bucks) make good animations, and when it's a softhouse making those games, there's a whole staff of spriters working on those, not just one lone brave guy sitting in front of a computer, with only some noodles and coke to back him up, which is the case of most freelance sprite artists out there.

Again, most sprite artists out there have their own projects, and even fewer are that diligent to carry on their projects to the end, so it's not that strange that there's no remade sprites of such a niche thing... *burrows and starts shooting underground spike-waves on marines*

Last edited by VahnBlack; 12-05-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: *spelling*
VahnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008   #10
Vejita00
Master of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahnBlack View Post
*unburrows* Most "new" sprites out there are sprite edits, only a handful are made from from scratch, and even then those have a very unique "style" that feels out of place next to sprites from other games. Making sprites from scratch isn't impossible, but making a WHOLE working character from scratch that's a complete different beast, now imagine make everything else? many characters, with many animations, making a simple character edit for Great Dragon took me 2 days, and i couldn't bring myself to make the second step of her idle animation up to this day (for different reasons, but the biggest one being that I'm a sprite editor, not a sprite maker, i feel bad about it).

If you've seen that many I'd love to seem em myself, cuz so far those are far in between among ocean the edited ones.

Another factor in that equation is that not everybody is obsessed with body inflation, and could care less to make a sprite of someone inflating and exploding. (remember, that would require an inflating animation for every character that is in the same game that Kitana would be, be her re-done from scratch or not) and there are over nine thousand other ways to kill someone (and at least half of em are way cooler than kitana's inflatalaty), add that the competent sprite artists are even fewer that share our interests, so it all piles up in the unlikely chance of what you propose.

(WARNING) hxxp://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/vahnblack/?action=view&current=dizzyexpoa.gif (WARNING she explodes) i made this one over 3 years ago, and its one crappy example of a half arsed animation, and it took me quite awhile to do, and i can say that i took the shortcut to finish it too. Making a still sprite of a character is one thing, even tho that frankenripping cuts the job exponentially, it's still a very troublesome thing to do. Only the most driven and passionate of people (or some lucky bastard being paid mad bucks) make good animations, and when it's a softhouse making those games, there's a whole staff of spriters working on those, not just one lone brave guy sitting in front of a computer, with only some noodles and coke to back him up, which is the case of most freelance sprite artists out there.

Again, most sprite artists out there have their own projects, and even fewer are that diligent to carry on their projects to the end, so it's not that strange that there's no remade sprites of such a niche thing... *burrows and starts shooting underground spike-waves on marines*
Agh...urghhh....Poor Johnny.
Unread 12-06-2008   #11
GenericName
I edit sprites.

If I had decent rips of this I would consider giving it a shot (if not animated, at least in my sequential sprite system).

Though yes, any pre-rendered sprites (Donkey Kong Country is a great example) are extremely hard to work with; hand-drawn sprites like those in, say, Street Fighter 2 would be a lot easier to edit.