free hit counters
Carelessly worded wishes... - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-21-2008   #1
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Carelessly worded wishes...

Just for the record, I did run a search for similar topics, but "wishes" brings up quite a few threads - so it's entirely possible something like this has been brought up before (it might be kinda weird if it hadn't been).

I think I first started working on this "list" a number of years back - I think it had something to do with an old SRU story that mentioned wishes in connection with a penny bowl "have a penny, leave a penny, need a penny, take a penny" or something like that. I started thinking about something similar like in those tourist/souvenir/national park shops or even at gas stations where they have all kinds of cheap boxes of junk by the cash register - last minute purchase when you buy your drink or your gas or whatever else. Of course, here in SRU, you're buying "wishing stones". Little pebbles that are good for one wish - most people just pick them up randomly for a keepsake and completely forget about them - something to look nice on the desk - since not everyone necessarily enters SRU with a weird purpose (or maybe they get passed around or lost in a move or someone else gets it from their friend's desk...).

Either way, just a few different sequences and scenarios I came up with - when you've only got one wish (assuming you didn't buy a handful of stones - since you probably didn't) - you'd better watch what you say....(admittedly I'm playing a bit with some stereotypes here, but I think with the scenarios, they're acceptable).

1. A thin secretary is sitting on a hard, old, uncomfortable wooden chair at an old-fashioned desk. "I wish I had a softer seat." Slowly her rear end starts to bulge and balloon like a giant cushion on the seat - raising her up like she's on a large pillow and also flowing over the edges of the seat a little - and she's really comfortable with her new, very soft "seat". Her clothes grow with her of course - and she doesn't even notice it when she stands up to go get some more coffee - of course it seems natural to her to turn sideways as she goes through the doorway. It's really weird, since none of the rest of her changed at all - only her rump/hips.

2. A young guy in his mid-20s has just gotten another rejection letter from the law school he applied to - he knows his grades were better than Shaniqua's, but she still got in and he didn't. "I wish I had what it takes to make it into _____ law school." Naturally, he slowly turns into a very attractive young black woman - who's holding an admittance letter instead of a rejection letter.

3. Another girl just out of school is tired of living in her parent's basement while she tries to find a job. "I wish I was more self-sufficient." So, she grows cow udders, chicken lower body/buttocks, and sprouts wool all over her torso. Now she can milk herself, lay her own eggs, and make clothing from her wool - it's a win/win situation. - maybe even a turtle or snail shell for self-contained housing ;p

4. A single father is tired of her teenage sons doing so badly at school. They just won't focus. They just want to play skateboard and listen to loud music and stay out late. "I wish my boys were more like the Takahashi's kids (teenage girls)." The kids change into studious, mature, focused Japanese girls but the dad also turns into a Japanese woman.

5. One girl is always tired of being pushed around in the office - bullied by all her co-workers and managers. "I wish I was more stubborn and headstrong." She grows a donkey tail and ears and goat horns and cloven hooves on her feet - and she's a LOT more ornery ;p

6. This one was actually the first one I remembered after seeing the TPoT comics above. A hefty college student (300 lbs maybe) is depressed and wants to change her image. "I wish I was the thinnest girl in school." Well, guess what, she is the thinnest girl in school - but her weight hasn't changed. All the other girls have ballooned up and SSBW is the hot thing (she's still not attractive to the guys). This is kinda like that fatlane thing by Jaytee (think that's the name).

7. Another similar one - kinda similar. A plain (not hideous) girl wishes "I wish I was the most attractive girl on campus." She's gorgeous compared to to all the other hook-nosed, snaggle-toothed gals - and she is the "most attractive" to the guys as well.

(those last two would be more interesting on a planet-wide scale - as far as changes in advertising, beauty contests, etc - but it'd be hard to reconcile with everything else unless some of those wishes create "pocket dimensions/universes" or something that the wisher enters, while the rest of the world is unchanged.

Plenty of other options and similar weird wishes. Trying for a few off the beaten path from some of the stories I've read. Maybe I'll remember a few more later. It'd be great to see some of them visualized too.
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2008   #2
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Re: Carelessly worded wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
7. Another similar one - kinda similar. A plain (not hideous) girl wishes "I wish I was the most attractive girl on campus." She's gorgeous compared to to all the other hook-nosed, snaggle-toothed gals - and she is the "most attractive" to the guys as well.
I happened to recently run across something like this over on the BEArchive Addventure, in a storyline where two women, one plain and one attractive, find a genie lamp in an attic -- here's the first part of the branch in question, and then this is two episodes down, showing that there have been some effects on the world at large.
catfish27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008   #3
lampy
Banned

This is one of my favourite topics, and it started with fiction. I would like to see process art evolve from this. I have never been able to find 5 star material. I think you're totally on the money, that this type of process is not explored enough visually or with interest. I'm sure there is major interest though. I have seen plenty, but because this a blue moon situation, I can't remember everything I've seen. Off the top of my head though, these are some of the best that spring forward in my cerebral cortex:

This one

http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_12.gif
http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_22.gif
http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_28.gif

this

and this:
http://bonus.thewotch.com/oldDonatio...m%20Of%20Sonja

All are really amazing.

Last edited by lampy; 12-22-2008 at 12:47 AM.
lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008   #4
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampy View Post
This is one of my favourite topics, and it started with fiction. I would like to see process art evolve from this. I have never been able to find 5 star material. I think you're totally on the money, that this type of process is not explored enough visually or with interest. I'm sure there is major interest though. I have seen plenty, but because this a blue moon situation, I can't remember everything I've seen. Off the top of my head though, these are some of the best that spring forward in my cerebral cortex:

This one

http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_12.gif
http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_22.gif
http://www.tgfa.org/strips/images/Crazy_82_28.gif

this

and this:
http://bonus.thewotch.com/oldDonatio...m%20Of%20Sonja

All are really amazing.
Yeah. Most of those are pretty good - seen the tgcomics ones before. Like I said, I got the idea from SRU originally, but it'd be really nice to see some beyond the standard "guy turns into a hot girl" because he wished to be more popular or something. That one is pretty much the most common - and TG still works fine if you can just give it a bit more of a twist than what seems to be the generic cliche now. (There were some SRU stories like that too that broke the mold a little bit - but most of them - even the ones with titles that might imply something different just ended up with guy turns into bimbo).

Cluedog's "getting into the role" - turning the RPG fan into the catgirl with a change in backgrounds is one of the better examples imo. He's working on one for me as well - granted the first part is a little more "generic" (although those aren't words I'd use for his work ;p) - but I plan to commission a second sequence to take it a "bit" further.

edit - as far as universal changes - SRU had "Ally Mcbeal's Fantasy Life" - which had universal implications as well - just that those changes don't always make for good follow-up or alternatives - unless you say they expire after 24 hours or only happen in that person's mind or shunt them into a parallel reality or something.

Last edited by thrandrall; 12-22-2008 at 02:56 AM.
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008   #5
Zetser
Process Fan

Careful what you ask for.
Zetser is offline   Reply With Quote