free hit counters
[Story] >> The Enchanted Sorceress << - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > AP/AR

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-22-2006   #13
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Hi Ryu,

maybe you should read the story without ruffle, so I think you have mixed up some things.
The sorceress regressed into a girl before she reached the town.
The spring didn't have an effect on her, neither mentally nor physicalla (otherwise this town would have a serious problem).
The story on the fountain was merely a tale, just entertaining people that its cool water is refreshing.

Though I thank you for your comments and will keep the good example with Lady Clark in mind.
If you are wondering what the three heroes are doing, so just read the next chapter below.

P.S. I have seen your story before and have read it to half.
If I have reading the whole story, I will post.
Edit: I have given my comments in your thread.^^

So, and here is the next chapter.
Enjoy reading.
=============================

CHAPTER 6: The offer

When the sorceress came close enough to the party, she could hear what they talking about.
>> Well, Mandrik. Is there any news from Azura? << the Elf asked.
>> We know no more than you, Ronor. << was the answer of the mage unfortunately.
>> I don’t trust this witch, I tell you. << said the knight.
>> You think, that she won’t come, Asgor? <<
>> No, I think that she will betray us sooner or later. << he said angrily and bashed his fist on the table.
>> Calm down, my friend. << the mage tried to ease him. >> At the moment she needs us as we need her. <<
>> That’s not what I meant! << the knight called Asgor snarls.
>> What do you mean? << Ronor wanted to know.
>> Can’t you imagine it? After this witch got what she wants and we are of no use for her anymore, she will try to get rid of us. << explained Asgor.
>> You say a wise thing, << Mandrik agreed. >> However, she is the only one who could lead us to the Mistress of Darkness, but we should keep as a precaution an eye on her. And if she is going to deceive us, we will … <<

>> What do you want girl? << the knight shouted, he noticed the girl who was close to the party.
>> You are Adventurers, aren’t you? << the girl asked.
>> More or less, << Ronor said, >> what can I do for you? <<
>> I want to be at your service. << the little girl replied, trying to join the party was the only way to get near enough to the necklace.
>> What skills should a strayer like you have? << Asgor asked grimly.
>> Well, …, << that was a good question, it was something she didn’t give a thought about it, >> I can carry for you heavy bag … uhmm … and also polishing stuff and nearly everything. You will see that I will be a great help to you. <<
>> I guess that the place where we go will be too dangerous for a little girl. << smiled the mage. >> It is safer, if you stay in this town. <<
>> Yes, but I want to leave the town, so therefore we have the same way; in exchange I could be helpful to you. << the little sorceress tried to convince them.
>> Sorry kiddo, but we made up our mind. << said Asgor harsh.
>> But … but …, << the girl stuttered.
>> We thank you for your offer! << Mandrik said, turned the girl away from the table and put his hand on her back so she had to go. >> Maybe we take you service when you have grown up a little more. <<

I won’t give up that easily, thought the sorceress.
When the girl intends to turn back to the party, a huge hand packed her arm.
>> So you are looking for a job. << someone of the guest said, the man who packed her arm was sitting relaxing on his chair.
The girl was like paralysed as the man pulled her to him and examined her.
>> Nay! << he said. >> Not strong enough. <<
Obvious she paid the attention of some other men, so soon the little sorceress was called from merchants and other guest:
>> Can you cook? <<
>> No, you are not a boy, I don’t need girls. <<
>> Do you can also make hand-maid duties? <<
>> You know how to read and count? <<
The poor girl looked puzzled; she didn’t want to become anyone’s handmaid. Her plan didn’t work out as it should be, but what should she tell them after she begged how badly she needed work.
>> Forget it what I said! << she said in her squeaky voice.
>> The girl is shy. << someone shouted, people couldn’t resist a smile or a quietly chuckle.
>> Didn’t you want to work, here is your change. << Asgor called behind her.
The girl stood there for a while, then she thought it would be the best to get out of here.

This reaction just caused another reason for a laughing mood and one of the guests stopped her.
>> Now don’t be so jumpy. << he said.
>> No, let me go! << the sorceress wanted to say, but just the moment the man pulled down her chops.
>> Let me look at your teeth. <<
Looking her teeth? What did he thought he was doing?
>> My, these teeth are in an excellent shape. << the man said. >> You haven’t any sewing skills, have you? <<
>> You mean with needle and thread? <<
>> I could use a goose maid. << a young lord next the table said.
But also to this the girl rejected this offer with a simple answer, pretending she were afraid of geese.
>> Sorry girl, I thought you were a bit older. <<
>> A little bit too inexperienced. <<
Some people were losing their interest.

Then a stoutly built man heaves the little sorceress on his table; she anxiously shrieked.
>> Instead of taking such dull works, how about showing us some dancing? <<
>> But I can’t dance. << the sorceress wanted to make an excuse.
>> Humbug! Everyone can dance, so don’t be so lowly and show us how you can swing your legs. <<
All the entire crowd looked up to her. A bard who was sitting beyond the guests, twitched on his harp, creating the right tune to unleash the dancing spirit.
When people even began to clapping, the girl was forced to hop from the one toe to another.
This was embarrassing; she the mighty Mistress of Darkness had to do such a ridiculous thing.
The tavern was in a high spirits: music, beer & ale and of course the dancing girl, who did well.
The fun ends as the girl accidentally slipped form the table. By giving a funny outcry and landing on her bottom, this pratfall made the audience unintentionally roar with laughter.
>> This isn’t funny, that hurts. << the sorceress shouted angrily, but with her beep voice it didn’t sound really unconvincingly.
>> Well, it seems the show is over. << the stoutly built man said. >> No hard feelings, peewee. We just wanted to have some good time. <<

That’s enough, the girl thought. This was the straw that breaks the camel's back.
I have enough of being a pushover little girl, whose only good for of being cute and be mocked by some grown-up for their entertainment.
As she stood up; she could see from one of the spare windows that sunset nearly have begun.
Oh, no! she was shocked. Even if she would manage to reach the gate before shut down, she wouldn’t make it to reach the woods before the woods are covered in the black night to find the antidote.
Now she knows what kind of a strange feeling she had, since she became a girl. It was somewhere hidden deep in her mind.
In all her arrogance she didn’t take in account, that she wouldn’t make it in one day to get the necklace. Azura could probably take a few days till she meet with the others in the inn.
The sorceress had to realize that she was without a doss or where she could stay. After this long day she also felt hungry, of course she had nothing to eat and worst of all not a single coin in her pocket.
What should I do? wondered the unsheltered and hungry girl.

>> Misty! << someone said.
First the sorceress didn’t care about it, then it come back to her mind, that this person meant her.
>> Uncle Ben! << she said when she turned her head to him.
>> Are you alright? I hope you aren’t hurt. <<
>> For a moment ago yes, but now it’s gone. <<
>> Good to hear that. << he said. >> I’m sorry you couldn’t find someone taking your service; but if you want I can ask some travelling merchants for whom you can work for. <<
By travelling from one place to another I will never get hand to my antidote, the girl thought.
>> Thank you, Uncle Ben, but I won’t feel comfortable serving someone I haven’t met before personally. <<
The girl looked at the old mans face; hopefully he wouldn’t get angry about refusing his help.
>> I understand! << he said in a calm soft voice. >> How about working for me? <<
Working for him, the sorceress looked amazed.
>> You could work and also would have still enough time to play with other children. So what are you thinking about it? <<
>> What kind of work is it? << the girl asked, she really had no clue what this man could want her to do.
>> Hohoho, << he laughed amused, >> I am the owner of “To the Golden Spoon”. You could help me out in the inn. <<
Well, that was a surprise; this was the reason why the waitress let her so easily enter the tavern and gave her an unfriendly frown.
On the other side of aspects, she could stay in the inn a little bit longer and could also have an eye on the party, until Azura arrived and find an opportunity to get her hand on the necklace after all.
Of course she would accept his offer, staying a little longer small would pay off.
>> You really would do that for me? << her eyes her were glaring delightful.
>> Sure! That’s why Uncles there. <<
Right, after all he pretended that she was her niece, though he probably had something else in his mind.
However, at the moment it was most important to stay in the inn.

Last edited by Captain Ash; 01-22-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote