free hit counters
Diminished and Opposite - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-18-2013   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Question Diminished and Opposite

Hi there,

As in the past, my title is a little... oblique, and thus will require some explanation to develop the themes which it represents ^^;. As my topic conflates many potential different types of change, I considered its most apt place to be here, as opposed to a more specific forum which would be a more problematic press.

In the community, its history and media, we base much of our work upon notions of transformation in excess of what someone is ie. weak to strong, small to big, slight to buxom etc. If defined, all these could be argued as representing forms of empowerment in a classic fashion and are well represented, as we know.

But, and of importance here, is the subject of general and whole reduction from what a person was; a genre often mingled with such themes as "a fish out of water", ironic punishments and moral teachings as those here may have seen in associated fiction and, to a lesser extend, art and media.

My proposal to those here would be to ascertain the communities view of this particularity of process, wherever it may be found and explored. For instance, and of more immediate recognition, could be the notion of a big, hard bodied tomboy becoming a petite, slight and reserved feminine girl; a law official stepping over the line to become a criminal or thief, either overtly or not; cast iron notions of sanity and behaviour cast into doubt as someone discovers news vistas of insight as their mind wavers etc.

Maybe still a little vague, though I hope this stirs some consideration, as the singular theme has been drawing me recently and has caused some considerable musing.

As always, all and any perspectives on this subject are appreciated .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013   #2
thisguy18
TF Writer

Re: Diminished and Opposite

Hmm, seems like an interesting theme to write about but, the details are a little hazy still :/
thisguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #3
strawman1985
Frequent Poster

Ahh very nice, seems like one I like. So say a girl who is 6'2 or so and a star athlete, fairly strong for some reason she becomes say 4'9 the height of gymnast Shawn Johnson. She no longer would be the athlete she was due to that height size loss, but maybe she is a gymnast instead or maybe she is just a petite little girl who is delicate and needs help doing the things she always found easy. So many options with something like that.
strawman1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #4
Kalib
Concept Crafter

Just a random question, but since when have gymnasts not been athletes? Yeah they're small and have next to no body fat but they have to have some serious muscle to mass ratio and good stamina to do their routines. Just saying.
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #5
vid
Frequent Poster

I've mentioned it before, but I was playing one of the Dynasty Warriors games with character creators and came up with a scenario:

One of the biggest and mightiest warriors of an Amazon tribe meets a sorceress and mocks her reliance on "silly tricks" rather than brute force. Insulted, the sorceress curses the warrior, shrinking her height from almost 7' to under 5' and removing her massive muscles. The miniscule fighter is shamed and banished by her tribe and seeks vengeance by joining the war for the country in hopes of finding the magician and removing the curse. Along the way, the once imposing warrior learns new fighting styles that make use of her shrunken, lighter body.
vid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #6
monkat
Frequent Poster

There's a pretty good deal of this in the Attribute Transfer and Breast Reduction threads. Love it.
monkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #7
Prof_Sai
Instigator

From the title I thought this might mean guys who turn into little cuddle girls, and have to learn to deal with everyone looking down their cleavage all the time.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #8
TrunKated
AKA Kaytie. NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
From the title I thought this might mean guys who turn into little cuddle girls, and have to learn to deal with everyone looking down their cleavage all the time.
I endorse this concept.
TrunKated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013   #9
strawman1985
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalib View Post
Just a random question, but since when have gymnasts not been athletes? Yeah they're small and have next to no body fat but they have to have some serious muscle to mass ratio and good stamina to do their routines. Just saying.
They are athletic, but it's a different kind. I mean a 6ft-6'4 softball basketball players is different than a 4'9 gymnast. A girl that tall would struggle immensely at gymnastics even if she had the same training, and vice versa.
strawman1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013   #10
MadmanDarkHeretic
Bouncy Dragongirl of Love

It is something adored. But perhaps something to get it going?
MadmanDarkHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote